Postgame (Mich.) bltch thread

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
My comment was specific to Ruhle whom I believe is way overrated. I would hire Urban in a heartbeat.
Wrong. You typed “I don’t get the infatuation some fans have with recycled fired coaches” which clearly isn’t specific to Rhule 🙄

Blair10

Nov 14, 2021
Wrong. You typed “I don’t get the infatuation some fans have with recycled fired coaches” which clearly isn’t specific to Rhule.

Go back and read the entire post to which I replied. The person referenced Rhule.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
. I DVR'd the game

me too, with fast forward it took 50 minutes to watch that schit show. If I had to sit thru the 100s of breaks live I would have kicked simple cub

Reactions: Midnighter

Omar81

Oct 19, 2021
Isn't this a redundant thread? The game thread is already a whine fest.
Just got back from a long plane ride and haven’t seen the game thread yet. But do you think it should involve heaping praise on that stellar effort?

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Don’t be dumb
Why not? I may actually be able to understand what you type if I lose all my brain cells. Now go bang all your moms. And, afterward, realize that we're still 5-1, and even after this butt-whoopin', tomorrow's another day, so get out all you're whimpering tonight, and then don't worry about it.

Last edited:

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Just got back from a long plane ride and haven’t seen the game thread yet. But do you think it should involve heaping praise on that stellar effort?

Get some rest after that long plane ride, and perhaps when you wake up refreshed, you'll think better about your response to my comment.

Omar81

Oct 19, 2021
Get some rest after that long plane ride, and perhaps when you wake up refreshed, you'll think better about your response to my comment.
I already know that you have silently awarded yourself the “I’m the bestest fan in the whole world” award. That game was just another in a long (and growing) line of Franklin crap fests. Some of us are tired of it.

Reactions: Classof09

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
I already know that you have silently awarded yourself the “I’m the bestest fan in the whole world” award. That game was just another in a long (and growing) line of Franklin crap fests. Some of us are tired of it.
I said get some rest, Crankenstein.

NB4PSU

Oct 30, 2021
I'm thankful someone started this thread... burying today's disaster at the end of a miles long thread doesn't work for me.

I have little to say (it was ez to delete this disaster and save space on the dvd).

The team came out flat. Ill prepared. Seemingly prepared to lay down and die.
Someone suggested a flea flicker as our first play... oh my, would that have been so much better. Ya think?
I knew our first 3 plays. UM knew them, too. It showed. And kept on showing. Again, they know our tendencies.
THIS is what 2 weeks of prep looks like? Hey, at least they got the fumbling thing fixed..
I love Sean... but time's up. Drew Allar needs to start next week. SC can be the backup. Not convinced he's 100%.
Team that played auburn (not a bad opponent judging by last 2 weeks),.,, did they stay in bama?
Just far too many glaring errors to bother dredging them up. Worst i've seen from psu since probably 34-8 in '97.
I'm making the above assessment based on the calibre of the athletes on the field. We should have done much better - both times.

I'd pay CJF the buyout and get a no-nonsense guy who wants to beat the crap out of the opposition. Not gonna happen... so signature wins are pretty much a thing of the past unless Drew can single-handedly carry the team past the ineptitude surrounding him.

Are we having fun yet?

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
While many feel this way, it wasn’t all rainbows and unicorns the last decade or more under Paterno. Look, I’m as big a fan of Joe’s overall accomplishments as anyone, but he was 2-9 vs Lloyd Carr. I’m not defending Franklin as there isn’t any defending the lack of preparation for this week or the result, but let’s not pretend Joe won every big game. In fact, his record vs ranked teams near the end of his tenure was pretty underwhelming.
Yeah, that’s why I said a few years before the end of the Paterno era. Joe wasn’t winning this game either. By and large, he beat the teams he was better than, lost to the teams he was worse than.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
What was most concerning to me was what he said at his post game presser:

“It’s all of it. We got to develop, we got to recruit. We got to get bigger. We’re undersized at some spots. Everybody thinks they’re Aaron Donald. They’re not. Everybody sees Aaron Donald playing undersized. Everybody thinks they’re that guy. And there’s been one of those guys in the last 100 years of football. We need to be more physical. Work on our technique, our fundamentals. It’s all of it. We owm all of it. But, give them credit for what they were able to do today.”

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
What was most concerning to me was what he said at his post game presser:

“It’s all of it. We got to develop, we got to recruit. We got to get bigger. We’re undersized at some spots. Everybody thinks they’re Aaron Donald. They’re not. Everybody sees Aaron Donald playing undersized. Everybody thinks they’re that guy. And there’s been one of those guys in the last 100 years of football. We need to be more physical. Work on our technique, our fundamentals. It’s all of it. We owm all of it. But, give them credit for what they were able to do today.”
I'm as mad at Franklin as anyone, but what specifically about this quote bothered you?

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Why not? I may actually be able to understand what you type if I lose all my brain cells. Now go bang all your moms. And, afterward, realize that we're still 5-1, and even after this butt-whoopin', tomorrow's another day, so get out all you're whimpering tonight, and then don't worry about it.
Beating sister Mary’s of the poors satisfies you, not the rest of us. Clear enough bich?

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
Franklin is actually a very emotionally and intellectually weak individual. If the Press, PSU Admin and certain others all align to turn up the heat on James, he will cower and leave.

The problem is that no one wants to "go there" out of fear that their motives will be viewed as "racist"; hence why James will continue to cash his PSU paychecks for at least another 6-7 years.

PSU Football Inc is in a difficult, almost unsolvable, situation but it is a problem created by PSU's Admin and BOT. It is what it is so there's no point in getting too worked up about it.
Actually, the problem is very solvable: DON’T GO TO GAMES! Nothing will make PSU administrators squirm more than “empty seats.”

And I think you all know why I put that in quotes.

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
Agree. Absolutely humiliated. The head coach needs to take a pay cut like Harbaugh did. Team was totally unprepared. Too much emphasis on recruiting during bye week. The players are a reflection of the head coach - soft, lack toughness on the field against equal talent.
The head coach should humbly negotiate a resignation.

Reactions: PSUAVLNC

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
I'm as mad at Franklin as anyone, but what specifically about this quote bothered you?
Part of it is a cop out. Our O line is very comparable in terms of size and potential to Michigan. Our D line plays against our O line everyday. Our O line has faced Auburn which has larger SEC sized players and did well. As has been noted, Maryland and Indiana and Iowa played Michigan better along the lines. PSU has recruited and played these size players throughout Franklin’s tenure. There are ways to use them more effectively than happened on Saturday. PSU seemed unprepared.

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
Actually, the problem is very solvable: DON’T GO TO GAMES! Nothing will make PSU administrators squirm more than “empty seats.”

And I think you all know why I put that in quotes.
So who’s going to give up their season tickets? Isn‘t most of the stadium bought out with season tickets? It couldn’t happen until next year and everyone will want tickets to see Allar start and Singleton and Allen as sophomores.

Last edited:
Reactions: LB99

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Look, we had an off day. I think the team will have a focused week of practice and put it all together for a convincing win over MINNY. o_O . That, then, will set the stage for a spectaculous run to finish the season 12-1, including a big bowl win.

😀

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
What's concerning is you don't "get bigger" before the rest of the season. Look, he recruited these kids now he's saying they're undersized? Without transfers, it's not likely happening next year either as he has a history of not starting true freshmen on the OL and DL. I feel like he put it on the players when it falls right on him for recruiting them.

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
Look, we had an off day. I think the team will have a focused week of practice and put it all together for a convincing win over MINNY. o_O . That, then, will set the stage for a spectaculous run to finish the season 12-1, including a big bowl win.

😀
You forgot the reality of the future in your exuberance. You project a victory over OSU. Then OSU wins The Game, and Mich, OSU and PSU end up in a three way tie for the BIG East Div. The BIG decides the only we to settle it is to replay The Game and cancel the original Big Title Game. The PSU BOT unanimously agrees. OSU wins again and enters the playoffs. A two loss Mich goes to the Rose Bowl, the two top finishers in the West receive Orange and Cotton bowl berths. A one loss PSU gratefully accepts a trip to the Mayo Bowl.

Reactions: AvgUser

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
You forgot the reality of the future in your exuberance. You project a victory over OSU. Then OSU wins The Game, and Mich, OSU and PSU end up in a three way tie for the BIG East Div. The BIG decides the only we to settle it is to replay The Game and cancel the original Big Title Game. The PSU BOT unanimously agrees. OSU wins again and enters the playoffs. A two loss Mich goes to the Rose Bowl, the two top finishers in the West receive Orange and Cotton bowl berths. A one loss PSU gratefully accepts a trip to the Mayo Bowl.

All true, but Franklin laughs at T™️osu.

BriarwoodBash

Oct 12, 2021
What I saw was that linebacker play was atrocious and DBs took terrible angles on runners. Also, Franklin loves chunk plays and Clifford doesn't seem to have that ability. I think it is now Allar time. I was hoping in the 2nd half we'd ditch the read option and put Clifford under center. Let the line fire off the ball. I think itsnhard for our D to prepare for power running when the only time they see it is against scout team and in games.
Agree on LB play. Sutherland did not hold his own at LB’er. Might be ok against finesse but not against power. Elsdon several bad angles, probably due to speed mismatch. Seems like need best athletes on for majority of snaps which is King in the middle and someone appropriately sized at right side, when playing running team, like Mn.

BriarwoodBash

Oct 12, 2021
4th and 6 yards to go, scUM 39 yard line, 3rd quarter, plenty of time in the game, CJF goes for it only down 24-17. He fails to get it on 4th down (as we do all the time). Gets stopped and opponent gets all the momentum and is off to the races from there on out. CJF does not have the steel nerves needed to stick to good football: play fricking field position!
Definitely needed to punt there with Barney being a weapon and take chance in D. Better chance than the O.

Reactions: LealandLoyal