Postgame (Mich.) bltch thread

republion

Oct 29, 2021
Obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
When was the last time you really expected to win these games?

For me, I’d say the Trace era. Even then it was only because you never knew when he could pull off another miracle.

2008!

Last edited by a moderator:

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Slobberknocker Football

For those of you who didn’t know what it was now do. That’s B1G slobberknocker football. Men vs. boys. Rather embarrassing to be honest but it is what it is. Not sure Krafty believes in it but we’ll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyphaPSU

Oct 25, 2021
When can we expect to see this team perform up to its talent level rankings? At this point, that's all I'm asking for. Such metrics are obviously not the be-all-end-all. Talent development matters, how talent is distributed across the roster in vital positions is key, and getting the right guys in your particular system goes a long way, but overall talent still matters and I'm frustrated of how we have looked the past three years in light of this. PSU is neck-and-neck with Michigan in talent rankings, and yet came across very inferior on the scoreboard.

PSUAVLNC

Oct 28, 2021
When can we expect to see this team perform up to its talent level rankings? At this point, that's all I'm asking for. Such metrics are obviously not the be-all-end-all. Talent development matters and getting the right guys in your particular system goes a long way, but overall talent still matters and I'm frustrated of how we have looked the past three years in light of this. PSU is neck-and-neck with Michigan in talent rankings, and yet came across very inferior on the scoreboard.
Completely and totally out coached, with two weeks to prepare this is what you get. Franklin is NOT a good coach.

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021
Obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously obviously
LOL

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Player2BNamedL8r

Oct 12, 2021
When can we expect to see this team perform up to its talent level rankings? At this point, that's all I'm asking for. Such metrics are obviously not the be-all-end-all. Talent development matters, how talent is distributed across the roster in vital positions is key, and getting the right guys in your particular system goes a long way, but overall talent still matters and I'm frustrated of how we have looked the past three years in light of this. PSU is neck-and-neck with Michigan in talent rankings, and yet came across very inferior on the scoreboard.
This x 1000

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021
Completely and totally out coached, with two weeks to prepare this is what you get. Franklin is NOT a good coach
We were @ the NW game and the indications were there. Could not impose their will on the worst team in the B1G. Too bad. Will this begin another free fall? The QB position needs to be turned over to Allar. The Clifford era should be done.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

If Franklin could recruit LBs as well as he does DBs we’d be in business.

troutrus

Oct 7, 2021
seems we’ll need to wait to see michigan play a good team.
as for us, move on and get ready for next week.

Reactions: bluewhiteapos

Big_O

Oct 12, 2021
Face it. Franklin is a fraud. A snake oil salesman. All hat and no cattle.

Does not have his teams prepared, even with an extra week to do it. Teams never seem fired up to take on an opponent and they are soft, which reflects poorly on his leadership abilities. Poor in-game coaching and management. No apparent positive half adjustments.

The only thing elite about Franklin is his salary. He is an okay recruiter, but that’s about it. He just doesn’t appear to have a winning mentality. If he had Alabama’s talent he would still manage to lose 2 season games a year and fail to gain a playoff spot. It is what it is. Mediocre coach for a top tier salary.

PSU1993

Oct 29, 2021
Losing sucks, but this wasn't just a loss. It was a beatdown. 41-17 really could have been 55-7 or something like that. Offense sucked, D sucked, etc. Lack of beef on D Line and really work LB play really got exposed today. Guys like Elsdon and Sutherland just aren't big time LBers. Terrible job filling gaps and tackling all day.

Game just made next week very, very important. Let's be honest, OSU is gonna crush us, so if lose next week it is a 3 game skid and season is just playing out the string rest of the way. 10-2 is still on the table, but must bounce back vs. Minny.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Isn't this a redundant thread? The game thread is already a whine fest.

basically.

Some folks don't seem to know, or respect, that I prefer reactions after a game, positive or negative, to be in the game thread. So around the time the game ended, 4 or 5 different negative threads were started. I just combined them into 1 separate thread, instead of adding them to the game thread (which was another option).

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Did the coaches use the bye week to teach the players how not to block, how not to tackle, and how not to care?
It sure looks like it. They certainly didn’t use the bye week to correct those problems which have been present for years.

Reactions: Grass and PSUFTG

BrucePa

Oct 12, 2021
Matt Rhule and Urban Meyer are both available....just saying.....

TiogaLion

Oct 31, 2021
basically.

Some folks don't seem to know, or respect, that I prefer reactions after a game, positive or negative, to be in the game thread. So around the time the game ended, 4 or 5 different negative threads were started. I just combined them into 1 separate thread, instead of adding them to the game thread (which was another option).
Well, that must make this the "Official" ***** thread.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
This deserves its own thread, but not looking to give Tom more headaches…

USA Today names Franklin #2 Most Overpaid Coach in CFB (behind Fisher); on his fourth contract in 9 years…wow.

Total compensation: $8,500,000

If potential was the standard on which companies based their employees' worth in terms of dollars, Franklin would top this list every year. In his ninth season at Penn State, he is already on his fourth contract. Franklin has won about two-thirds of his games with the school, but for a total compensation of $8.5 million, the Nittany Lions should be dominating the competition. Penn State has won one Big Ten title during his tenure and that was six seasons ago, but it upped the dough when Franklin’s name was attached to the Southern California opening, despite the team being on its way to a 7-6 campaign in 2021.

PSUAVLNC

Oct 28, 2021
Did the coaches use the bye week to teach the players how not to block, how not to tackle, and how not to care?
We will probably never know what the PS coaches did with their 2 weeks off. But we do know what Coach Harbaugh did with his 5 days of practice. He used them to coach his team in how to embarrass Penn State Football and Coach Fraud and beat their *** in every aspect of the game.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
We will probably never know what the PS coaches did with their 2 weeks off. But we do know what Coach Harbaugh did with his 5 days of practice. He used them to coach his team in how to embarrass Penn State Football and Coach Fraud and beat their *** in every aspect of the game.

Harbaugh is a weirdo but he can coach. And recruit. And puts his money where his mouth is.

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
This deserves its own thread, but not looking to give Tom more headaches…

USA Today names Franklin #2 Most Overpaid Coach in CFB (behind Fisher); on his fourth contract in 9 years…wow.

Total compensation: $8,500,000

If potential was the standard on which companies based their employees' worth in terms of dollars, Franklin would top this list every year. In his ninth season at Penn State, he is already on his fourth contract. Franklin has won about two-thirds of his games with the school, but for a total compensation of $8.5 million, the Nittany Lions should be dominating the competition. Penn State has won one Big Ten title during his tenure and that was six seasons ago, but it upped the dough when Franklin’s name was attached to the Southern California opening, despite the team being on its way to a 7-6 campaign in 2021.
If USC rumor was the reason, what a difference a few months makes. Lincoln Riley got the job.

Reactions: Midnighter

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
They got it rolling today. Don't understand why we can't attempt to give a back 20+ carries get into a rhythm.

Shabbat Shalom

Reactions: Midnighter

Ram20

Oct 25, 2021
People used the Covid year as an excuse year(I didn't), but fine. In the last 3 years, what truly good football team have we beaten. Let's say top 25?

Franklin needs to be on the clock and if the school won't do it, the fans have to. Stop going to the games, stop funding mediocrity.

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
There seems to be a common misconception...PSU is neck and neck with Michigan in the skill position and DB recruiting rankings, but NOT along the lines. Just using the On3 consensus rankings since 2019 as a point of reference, PSU are certainly comparable (or even better) overall, but except for the occasional Tengwall or Dennis-Sutton they have been significantly out-recruited by Michigan on the OL and DL (based on that point of reference) from 2019 to 2022.

Latest posts