Potential Last Post from Coach

JwUKFan11

Heisman
Nov 11, 2011
7,656
15,908
113
Wasn't this the guy that told us Gabriel was going to announce for UK before the date was even set?
 

BBUK_anon

Hall of Famer
May 26, 2005
52,358
124,843
0
This smells like a BLW-esq thread. I don't really want to criticize anyone but I don't remember you ever getting anything right pertaining to recruiting. Your last thread was
Bamba to UK.
Knox to Duke
Cam Johnson to UK
Bam back to UK
Maybe I'm wrong you seem to be well liked.

All I ever saw him post was what he heard and admitted as such. He was never abrasive or over-bearing. No issue and enjoyed his posts.
 

HICATFAN

All-American
Aug 15, 2001
9,080
8,221
113
Aloha Coach

Mahalo Nui Loa for everything. All the best to you in your new position!

AlohaCat
 

Stonewall12

Heisman
Nov 15, 2009
24,718
13,618
66
This smells like a BLW-esq thread. I don't really want to criticize anyone but I don't remember you ever getting anything right pertaining to recruiting. Your last thread was
Bamba to UK.
Knox to Duke
Cam Johnson to UK
Bam back to UK
Maybe I'm wrong you seem to be well liked.
You are wrong
 
  • Like
Reactions: csrupp

FrankUnderwood

Heisman
May 26, 2017
15,912
27,971
0
So, you wish him the best and cuss him like a dog...at least that's what it sounded like...:rolleyes:


This. He's trying to hard to get board cred I think. Been noticeable for awhile.
;) lol

Coach- always enjoyed your posts ! Sad to see ya go buddy!

Best of luck :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: BBUK_anon

ThwKentuckyKid

All-American
Jul 4, 2015
4,078
7,297
0
He has good information I don't have time to go back and look for old posts.

He has posted about more recruits than this class with Bamba etc.

Grow up kid
I'm not sure how growing up will help, I've been around here long enough to see more than one of these type posters. Remember FootballCatsRback? Also the "my new boss won't let me" doesn't make sense, imagine that conversation at work. If I'm skeptical it's because the fake insiders of the past have made me this way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: awf

Stonewall12

Heisman
Nov 15, 2009
24,718
13,618
66
This guy is not a fake. He is a assistant coach at a small college. Went to the final four and hears good stuff. But believe whatever you want.
 
  • Like
Reactions: awf

Aike

Heisman
Mar 17, 2002
75,453
46,423
90
I'm not sure how growing up will help, I've been around here long enough to see more than one of these type posters. Remember FootballCatsRback? Also the "my new boss won't let me" doesn't make sense, imagine that conversation at work. If I'm skeptical it's because the fake insiders of the past have made me this way.

Not a very glamorous identity to make up, if you're into that kind of thing.

Low level assistant coach who knows a few people and hears a few things. Never claimed to have rock solid information on anything. Only shared tidbits and never made a very big deal about it.

You don't think if he's gotten a bigger job, his coach might have said no message board posting about what you know? You think Kenny Payne and John Robic post on message boards?
 
  • Like
Reactions: awf

morgousky

Heisman
Sep 5, 2009
23,959
43,171
0
Not a very glamorous identity to make up, if you're into that kind of thing.

Low level assistant coach who knows a few people and hears a few things. Never claimed to have rock solid information on anything. Only shared tidbits and never made a very big deal about it.

You don't think if he's gotten a bigger job, his coach might have said no message board posting about what you know? You think Kenny Payne and John Robic post on message boards?

Eh, still, doesn't mean he knows anything worth posting for UK fans In a message board. He was never malicious, but I wouldn't listen to his information much. Sounds like he gets a general feel around a group of people that don't know of contacts just rumor.

If he's a well respected "insider" with that resume, you guys would kill to get some of the info I hear.

Start with this - there's a player with the letter "J" in his name that we've been recruiting without outside knowledge. He's long, athletic, and will be a senior next season.

Mark this post and come back next year to have your mind blown.
 

Aike

Heisman
Mar 17, 2002
75,453
46,423
90
Eh, still, doesn't mean he knows anything worth posting for UK fans In a message board. He was never malicious, but I wouldn't listen to his information much. Sounds like he gets a general feel around a group of people that don't know of contacts just rumor.

If he's a well respected "insider" with that resume, you guys would kill to get some of the info I hear.

Start with this - there's a player with the letter "J" in his name that we've been recruiting without outside knowledge. He's long, athletic, and will be a senior next season.

Mark this post and come back next year to have your mind blown.

I think the insider label is a little overblown. He's been a good poster. More connected than the average fan but never seemed stuck on himself (imo).
 

morgousky

Heisman
Sep 5, 2009
23,959
43,171
0
I think the insider label is a little overblown. He's been a good poster. More connected than the average fan but never seemed stuck on himself (imo).

Sure but, there will be a player with the letter "J" in his name. Althetic guy. We're recruiting him.
 

FrankUnderwood

Heisman
May 26, 2017
15,912
27,971
0
Eh, still, doesn't mean he knows anything worth posting for UK fans In a message board. He was never malicious, but I wouldn't listen to his information much. Sounds like he gets a general feel around a group of people that don't know of contacts just rumor.

If he's a well respected "insider" with that resume, you guys would kill to get some of the info I hear.

Start with this - there's a player with the letter "J" in his name that we've been recruiting without outside knowledge. He's long, athletic, and will be a senior next season.

Mark this post and come back next year to have your mind blown.


You don't have inside info lol.
 

FrankUnderwood

Heisman
May 26, 2017
15,912
27,971
0
I'm not sure if coach was or is an " insider" but he was always a cool poster with interesting opinions / info etc
 
  • Like
Reactions: awf

cawoodsct

Heisman
Apr 27, 2006
39,966
28,156
102
This smells like a BLW-esq thread. I don't really want to criticize anyone but I don't remember you ever getting anything right pertaining to recruiting. Your last thread was
Bamba to UK.
Knox to Duke
Cam Johnson to UK
Bam back to UK
Maybe I'm wrong you seem to be well liked.
Lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Aike

Heisman
Mar 17, 2002
75,453
46,423
90
The only assistant I've seen added lately for a Tigers team is at D-3 Sewanee.

The coach left a job at Williams College to go to Sewanee.
 

r_GG24

Senior
Mar 25, 2007
211
516
93
The only assistant I've seen added lately for a Tigers team is at D-3 Sewanee.

The coach left a job at Williams College to go to Sewanee.

fun fact for the young'ns: Sewanee once was conference mates with our beloved University of Kentucky Wildcats and had a hell of a football team at one time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: awf and Aike

RUPPsRevenge1

Junior
Mar 17, 2008
2,152
241
0
Coach, I for one, will never forget your posts. You've made us laugh and cry over the last year you were here. The insight provided gave us just a little portal into the true basketball world. You graced this board with every key strok and I'm going to miss a poster that started as Coach, but ended as Friend. Good luck in your life's endeavors.
 
  • Like
Reactions: csrupp

bballcat4

All-Conference
Jan 12, 2008
4,177
4,470
0
I'm back around...

Got the go ahead from the boss.

Got to give you credit for reposting to an old thread after that last recruiting prediction ;-) Seriously, I respect that. I try to man up after my predictions regardless if I'm accurate or end up in left field.

Welcome back. I look forward to reading your future posts.
 
  • Like
Reactions: awf

stuway

All-American
Mar 29, 2007
4,543
5,913
0
The dude is semi connected and just passing in what he hears at given times. Let the haters hate, but keep posting coach. Recruiting is fluid and I like hearing the gossip inside actual coaching circles
 
  • Like
Reactions: awf and westerncat
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Basketball Trent Noah excited to put hamstring issues behind him and 'finally break through as a team'
  2. 02 KSR Podcasts 11 Personnel: No Huddle! with Cole Cubelic
  3. 03 KSR Football Kentucky FB takes you behind the scenes of the South Alabama win with 'unKut: Fire Starters'
  4. 04 KSR Basketball Mark Pope is high on Kentucky's 3-point shooting, but there's another area he's even more excited about
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky's punter has another hazard to avoid in Columbia