Pros/Cons of new message board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
so we've been here for a few days - anything you like or don't like outside of not having threaded view (I miss it too).

I'll probably ask this a few more times as we use the board more.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
so we've been here for a few days - anything you like or don't like outside of not having threaded view (I miss it too).

I'll probably ask this a few more times as we use the board more
Pros: Looks/feels like a message board should in 2022. Ease of use, editing, inserting, etc.

Con: It's a little harder to parse posts for the monday morning recap without threaded view.

I can see really preferring this on over the prior once I'm more familiar with it, so I think overall, a step up. Thanks for all your work on SPS over the years!

Reactions: dawgoneyall

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

I don't like the pop up video and the ad at the bottom.

There are certain traditions we have that we have lost (at least so far), like the up/down vote and the countdown slogan at the top.

I really, really miss the threaded view.

There are some pros, though. The interface looks nice, especially the dark one. It's more mobile friendly. I like that it's affiliated with on3.

I think over time we'll make some adjustments and make it feel like home. But change is always a little uncomfortable.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I haven't seen a pop up window yet. What am I missing?
New site is easier to navigate and comment, particularly on my mobile phone.
I will miss the old layout and type, but.... TIME MARCHES ON.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The videos are gone on mobile devices.

Pro: doesn't open a thread two slots above the one I actually clicked on.

was21

May 29, 2007
I haven't seen a pop up window yet. What am I missing?
New site is easier to navigate and comment, particularly on my mobile phone.
I will miss the old layout and type, but.... TIME MARCHES ON.
I'm using a desktop pc. I never have pop ups on this site.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't like the constant gifs, but that's just the way message boards are these days. I prefer more actual discussion, so this has enabled the goof troop more than the previous board.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Pros. Love the new mobile functionality as that's the only way I use the board.
messy to use.
You can see who reacted to your posts.
Notifications are nice.
As people learn it, it will grow on people.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
I don't like the constant gifs, but that's just the way message boards are these days. I prefer more actual discussion, so this has enabled the goof troop more than the previous board.
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Really nothing but positives for me

-Posting pics/gifs is a whole lot easier now
-Entire mobile format is crisp, fast, and user friendly
-On the old board, I was constantly having to log back in for some reason. No longer a problem
-I like how this board somehow recognizes posts that you’ve already viewed, so when you click on the same thread later, it automatically jumps you to new posts

The old board reminded me of my ‘09 pathfinder. Still gets me from point A to B without trouble, but it was just time upgrade

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Screenshot 2022-10-03 105417.png
- The ads and top articles are frustrating because you close it and it pops right back up when you open a new page or go back.
I appreciate the ads being disabled on mobile view. Why not all views then?

- swearing filters are lame.

- upvote/downvote naming was a neat tradition as it pulled from the early years when the board was creative and funny as 17.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Overall it’s a great move. The view new posts feature really helps replace what I used threaded view for. The biggest complaint I had was that mobile ad, but that was already fixed.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Pro: I like that my profile pic shows up on the threads I've posted in (at least on the web version). Makes it easier to keep track of the discussions I've been a part of.

Con: I generally only use the desktop/web version and the ads are annoying AF. Especially the banner ad at the bottom.

Reactions: Indognito

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Pro:
1. Dark Mode
2. Easier for the mentally challenged to post gifs and tweets
3. You can see who liked posts

Con:
1. RIP Threaded View, I'll never understand why every board doesn't use it
2. No Upvote/Downvote names
3. The recurring on3 articles ad in the bottom right hand corner
4. olblue made it over here

Reactions: PhredPhantom

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I just noticed I'm no longer seeing that repetiive pop up in the lower right on my laptop. Good Work DS. What about Sh it & As s? Any chance we get those back?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

A few problems getting re-signed up. Looks pretty good. I also prefer a thread view, Also where are the the thumbs up thumbs down?

Status
Not open for further replies.