Pros/Cons of new message board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
Great move on the whole!

Pro: page doesn't refresh when you like a post

Con: font seems small on mobile. Or maybe I'm just getting older and blinder.

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
Can you have signatures here? I see the setting to show them but not to add them.

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
I like it overall.
Pros: thumbs up on mobile without refreshing
Cons: the reply box moves and i can’t find it sometimes. My screen won’t adjust to wherever it is. Frustrating but I’ll live

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I don't like the constant gifs, but that's just the way message boards are these days. I prefer more actual discussion, so this has enabled the goof troop more than the previous board.

tough idc GIF

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Pro: It looks so much better than thread view and it is easier to use
Con: Thread view made it easier to quickly see the people that responded to posts - I miss that. It is hard to tell who is responding if they don't quote.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
so we've been here for a few days - anything you like or don't like outside of not having threaded view (I miss it too).

I'll probably ask this a few more times as we use the board more.
I really like that I stay logged in, and don’t have to sign back in after going to another tab on my iPad.

also It’s much better format on my iPhone.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I asked last week but never got an answer on signatures. Let me follow up.
There's a setting in the font size / dark mode to view peoples sigs. It's deselected by default

Screenshot_20221003-152839.png

Last edited by a moderator:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
so we've been here for a few days - anything you like or don't like outside of not having threaded view (I miss it too).

PROS

• went from 1999 web tech to 2020 web tech
  • mobile view much more "smooth"
  • Liking a post does not refresh and take you back to the top (on mobile view)
  • notifications show activity on your posts (hit = up in top left then the bell) :love:
  • links for twitter and youtube much better as well as links like this one
  • adding images is so much easier
  • dark mode is very nice
  • watching (following) a post is nice
  • ignoring (muting) a person is NICE 🤬
  • bookmarking a post is nice
  • thanks for muting gigantic mobile ads (I saw the one with Jimbo like 50 times Sunday)
  • reactions (like, laugh, frown, etc) are nice

CONS

• picture image size allowed seems VERY small (can this be changed - what is the size limit?) :poop:
  • threaded view missing, would be nice to have
  • upvote / downvote would be nice to have back (y) (n)

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Can you go to other message boards associated with this platform with out creating a new user ID and Password?

Dec 23, 2017
Please don't allow Miss Platinum to leave, it's the only reason I come over to this board. Us Tide fans also enjoy getting the latest inside scoop on Alabama athletics anywhere on the worldwide web. Great 'BAMA coverage.

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
It's gone better than I thought it would. Even my old *** hasn't had any issues. The only real con I had was the pop-up and now that's gone. I would like to see the 'up vote/down vote" back but it's worth losing a few things for the ease of doing what you want from your phone.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
I don't like the constant gifs, but that's just the way message boards are these days. I prefer more actual discussion, so this has enabled the goof troop more than the previous board.
1664838945005.gif

Reactions: dawgstudent

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Cons
No downvotes for mstateglfr
When I click back it takes me to the top of the list of threads and not where I scrolled to last

pros
No pros terrible
I’m kidding. Looks modern and nice.

Reactions: Requiem For A Dawg

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014

we just donut have enough old piss hate on this damb board

JEEBUS WE ATTACK L33CH MORE THAN K1FF!N!!!! WTF???

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
I like it. As with most folks I resist change, but definitely like the product and understand why it had to happen

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009

I'll probably ask this a few more times as we use the bo

How do I respond to a thread without including a quote? Anytime I hit reply, it auto quotes that post for me.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Please don't allow Miss Platinum to leave, it's the only reason I come over to this board. Us Tide fans also enjoy getting the latest inside scoop on Alabama athletics anywhere on the worldwide web. Great 'BAMA coverage.
If you mean how well paid your athletes are and how the SEC ref system allows your team to get away with penalties despite having the best players that shouldn't need favoritism like that...

Welcome.

Dec 23, 2017
If you mean how well paid your athletes are and how the SEC ref system allows your team to get away with penalties despite having the best players that shouldn't need favoritism like that...

Welcome.
Jaheim Oatis is a stud. Looking forward to HumpDay and TGIF. Miss Platinum is well worth the time. Outstanding poster.

LexSCDOG

Aug 5, 2014

just miss the threads, all else is good

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Pros:
Dark Mode
No refreshing issues

In Between:
Gifs may be easier to post if you can find it in that search, but I can't figure out how to post one from elsewhere. Not important at all, but the Cohen Clipboard Toss or the Manieri Hopping Gifs are gone.

Cons:
All of these are cosmetic and just things I miss. The board itself seems to function quite well.

Week specific up/down vote
Custom Titles (New users won't get the joys of JLS Beta Testing for example.)
Threaded View
Language Filter

Most importantly was21's, ababyatemydingo's, and Seinfeld's avatars.

Overall, it works great. We still ***** with each other and commiserate State athletics.

Thanks for all the work, DS. Living out of state, finding this place a decade ago greatly increased my enjoyment of following Mississippi State.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
"21's, ababyatemydingo's, and Seinfeld avatars"

Yes! That is CON NUMERO UNO. We need links to these gifs! NOW!

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
How do I respond to a thread without including a quote? Anytime I hit reply, it auto quotes that post for me.
If you tap the "+Quote" button - it's adding to a list to do a multiple quote. This allows you to quote multiple posts in one reply.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012

Is there a link to the old posting rules? Archeologists one day might find the board and want to trace the origins of "17", and there seems to be more "Ole Piss" stupidity than there used to be.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Is there a link to the old posting rules? Archeologists one day might find the board and want to trace the origins of "17", and there seems to be more "Ole Piss" stupidity than there used to be.
I'll put them in the Six Pack Remembers.

Reactions: Fritz!

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
A few problems getting re-signed up. Looks pretty good. I also prefer a thread view, Also where are the the thumbs up thumbs down?
My first guess would be that this new board is more Facebook oriented regarding the structure. I may be wrong on that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.