PSU - Penn Dual Thread

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Man. Going to be a really tough year at 157.
We need to get guys for 57 and 65 in the portal to say the least if we’re going to make a run against Iowa. We would have had Evan Wick if our admission offense would have accepted all his credits like Cal poly. Oh well will see.

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Carter wins with a major decision. 13 to 10 PSU. We have a fill in at 184. Ball wrestling for Brooks at 184. Ball up 5 to 1 in the 1st period

Reactions: Dogwelder

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
Ball really taking care of business. 10-1 end of 2. Edsell will be on top to start 3.

EDIT - I meant Ball not Edsell unless Edsell can tag in.

Reactions: Dogwelder

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
No. If he trained for this career moment, go for it. It’s about career, not allegiance. Maybe if he becomes a great coach he will be next in line after CS.
I hold no grudge against Mark for doing what’s best for his career. I wish him the best. Do you think New England fans enjoyed seeing Tom Brady in a Bucs uniform?

Reactions: Garw

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Obviously Cael’s being very cautious since it’s early season. Wouldn’t surprise me if Max, CS, Nick get days off on Sunday (although Nick might need/want some mat time - he looked a little rusty).

hohmadw1978

Oct 7, 2021
Any thoughts please on why RBY and Brooks did not wrestle tonight? Injuries?

Thanks in advance.

Ernie Ladd

Oct 31, 2021
20-16 Penn State final. Dean won by major decision and the Lions forfeited 285. All that included in the final.

Is Kerk a little under the weather as well? Or, is the logic to make sure he is ready for Sunday? I did not get a chance to listen after Halftime.

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Kerk not feeling well. He tried to wrestle but Cael stepped in to override. He has a tough match against Jordan Wood from Lehigh on Sunday at rec hall.

Reactions: Capkbc and Hlstone

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Any thoughts please on why RBY and Brooks did not wrestle tonight? Injuries?

Thanks in advance.
No injuries. Cael said they were not feeling good. Flu like that was going around. Probably won’t have those 2 on Sunday either. Could be a very tight match. 57 and 65 need a lot of work if we’re going to beat Iowa. Hopefully Cael has something up his sleeve regarding the portal. Will see. Wins a win tonight.

Reactions: hohmadw1978

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Kerk not feeling well. He tried to wrestle but Cael stepped in to override. He has a tough match against Jordan Wood from Lehigh on Sunday at rec hall.
Was that what was going on? Was Kerk trying to go out there but Cael was holding him back?

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Was that what was going on? Was Kerk trying to go out there but Cael was holding him back?
Yes. Cael stepped in and said forfeit. He wants Kerk feeling as good as possible against Jordan Wood on Sunday. Kerk can beat him but could be close.

4theglory54

Oct 16, 2021
Yes. Cael stepped in and said forfeit. He wants Kerk feeling as good as possible against Jordan Wood on Sunday. Kerk can beat him but could be close.
Never like forfeits in college duals with only 10 weight classes. You get to weigh in 15, so there should be a guy ready to go in questionable weights....JMO.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
No injuries. Cael said they were not feeling good. Flu like that was going around. Probably won’t have those 2 on Sunday either. Could be a very tight match. 57 and 65 need a lot of work if we’re going to beat Iowa. Hopefully Cael has something up his sleeve regarding the portal. Will see. Wins a win tonight.
Don’t get your hopes too high on the portal. Maybe get your hopes higher for SVN at 57 and/or Facundo at 65. I personally think it’ll be Bearclaw or some combination of Lee brothers. We might have a shot against Young but vs. The Bull we’ve got to hope to only lose 3.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Never like forfeits in college duals with only 10 weight classes. You get to weigh in 15, so there should be a guy ready to go in questionable weights....JMO.
Typically I’d 100 percent agree but clearly the flu continues to go around so I’d say if you have the win in hand forfeit and get outta there. I would have liked to see someone got there too if GK couldn’t especially for those who went out to Penn to watch but I also see the reasoning.

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Don’t get your hopes too high on the portal. Maybe get your hopes higher for SVN at 57 and/or Facundo at 65. I personally think it’ll be Bearclaw or some combination of Lee brothers. We might have a shot against Young but vs. The Bull we’ve got to hope to only lose 3.
I’m assuming SNV and Facundo got beat out in eliminations. You agree ? I’m talking about getting more fire power at 57 and 65.

4theglory54

Oct 16, 2021
Typically I’d 100 percent agree but clearly the flu continues to go around so I’d say if you have the win in hand forfeit and get outta there. I would have liked to see someone got there too if GK couldn’t especially for those who went out to Penn to watch but I also see the reasoning.
I'll concur if there was more than 5 guys who were iffy, otherwise, I remain disappointed.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
I’m assuming SNV and Facundo got beat out in eliminations. You agree ? I’m talking about getting more fire power at 57 and 65.
My guess is Cael is protecting their redshirt until he sees one or both wrestle in the Scuffle. And with SVN's knee, I think it's even less likely we'd see him. Who in the portal with firepower are you desiring?