PSU - Penn Dual Thread

Oct 29, 2021
Max Dean is a freaking beast. Seems he’s going for bonus points in every match. Cael and staff has improved him big time. I’m convinced he’s going to be the National Champion at 197 this year. Heck he gets to train with DT and Bo. Should be a great recruiting pitch as well.
So, they've taken a 2x AA and NCAA finalist to a new level? He did used to train with Kyle Dake and Gabe Dean for a while, IIRC. He's had some good training partners in his career, hasn't he?

Reactions: psupower

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Never heard Edsell beat out Facundo. Pretty much known that the coaching staff would like redshirt , but that mihght change him depending how he does at the Scuffle. Mark Hall won the Scuffle and they pulled in shirt in January of that year. We need to face facts about 157, just no great internal options. When Berge left, it left a big hole. Joe Lee is a mystery to all of us.
Edsall did in fact beat him in 1st round of eliminations which don’t make me feel good. I was expecting more from Funundo. We shall see.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Edsall did in fact beat him in 1st round of eliminations which don’t make me feel good. I was expecting more from Funundo. We shall see.
Where did you get this information? Penn State is pretty tight-lipped about wrestle-offs. The word about Bearclaw beating Joe Lee seemed to get enough traction to be legit.

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Where did you get this information? Penn State is pretty tight-lipped about wrestle-offs. The word about Bearclaw beating Joe Lee seemed to get enough traction to be legit.
Lol. Cael said he won the spot. We don’t have anyone any better. I hoping we hit the portal for 157 and 165. Helps coming for 125 soon.

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
Are you implying that by Cael saying he won the spot means he was eliminated in the first round , whatever that is. RS Facundo or any high level recruit is always Cael's MO. I don't think saying Edsell won the spot means Facundo lost a wrestle off. I haven't heard or read that anywhere. If you have better source than that comment, I'd love to hear it. I think the plan was to RS Facundo and see how 165 plays out by January.,

psupower

Oct 11, 2021
Are you implying that by Cael saying he won the spot means he was eliminated in the first round , whatever that is. RS Facundo or any high level recruit is always Cael's MO. I don't think saying Edsell won the spot means Facundo lost a wrestle off. I haven't heard or read that anywhere. If you have better source than that comment, I'd love to hear it. I think the plan was to RS Facundo and see how 165 plays out by January.,
I’m not sure crock. Things seem real tight. Guess will find out soon. My point is 157 and 165 are going to hurt us really bad come big tens and Nationals. Hopefully Cael has a plan for those 2 weight classes. 149 is not that great either. BB is way to small. He’s going to have problems with elite taller wrestlers. He’s a 33 or 41 pounder. Will see.

crockster

Oct 31, 2021
I’m not sure crock. Things seem real tight. Guess will find out soon. My point is 157 and 165 are going to hurt us really bad come big tens and Nationals.
I can agree on 157 unless son=mething changes significantly. We will see how 165 plays out.

SonnyAbeFan

Oct 30, 2021
Here's who appears to be currently in the transfer portal. Who should Cael go get that's going to win at Iowa and score in the postseason? I wonder if Verk or Austin Boone regret leaving now that the spots are up for grabs. Verk could certainly handle Young - maybe not beat him - and might've given us a shot for a few points in the postseason. Maybe Edmond Ruth is back on track and could make 65, but I don't think he's the firepower thats sought. Aragona at 57? Bo Pipher returns and cradles everyone to win a national title?

Jojo AragonaSophomore149Rutgers
Dalton GimborFreshman149Franklin & Marshall
Josh YostFreshman149VMI
Tristan PughFreshman149Appalachian State
Noah LevettGraduate149Bucknell
Gray HartSophomore149Virginia
Noah CortezFreshman149Cal Poly
Christian GannoneSophomore149Bloomsburg
James CarmanyFreshman149Northern Illinois
Avry MutschlerFreshman149Kent State
Kyle PrewittFreshman149Little Rock
Tahron SheffieldJunior149Maryland
Dustin MorgilloFreshman149George Mason
Ben MaholtzFreshman149Campbell
Anthony BartoloRedshirt Fresh149West Virginia
Liam LusherSophomore149West Virginia
Aaron GanderaFreshman149Fresno State
Adam BusielloRedshirt Fresh149Penn State
Seth LambersFreshman149Campbell
Carter TuttleRedshirt Fresh149Pittsburgh
Peter PappasJunior157Edinboro
Trenton TridballFreshman157Kent State
Bailey GimborFreshman157Franklin & Marshall
Ryan DobbsFreshman157The Citadel
Daniel SeguraFreshman157George Mason
Bilal BaileyFreshman157Campbell
Avery ShawGraduate157Clarion
Lucas UlianoFreshman157The Citadel
Jon EriccoSenior157Penn
Lucas DesilvaFreshman157Kent State
Jonathan RossGraduate157Lock Haven
Ryan ThomasRedshirt Soph157Minnesota
Chris GaxiolaJunior157Fresno State
Anthony ColelloRedshirt Jr157Pittsburgh
Bo PipherGraduate157Penn State
Nick ColasurdoRedshirt Fresh157Kent State
Max LivingstonGraduate157Drexel
Devin GomezFreshman157Wyoming
Owen BrownSenior165Army
Brant WhitakerFreshman165NC State
Mason SmithSophomore165Army
Edmond RuthSophomore174Lehigh
Jackson BolesFreshman174Appalachian State
Jared McGillFreshman174Pittsburgh
Trey MunozFreshman174Arizona State
Derek BrownFreshman174Clarion
Justin HaywardFreshman174Bloomsburg
Joshua KennyFreshman174Campbell
Nathaniel ButlerFreshman174Bellarmine
Jimmy NoelRedshirt Soph174North Dakota State
Zack GonzalezRedshirt Jr174Fresno State

Reactions: Dogwelder

jack66

Oct 31, 2021
Lol. Cael said he won the spot. We don’t have anyone any better. I hoping we hit the portal for 157 and 165. Helps coming for 125 soon.

You're reading between the lines. Cael never said Edsell beat Facundo in a wrestle off.

Dogwelder

Oct 8, 2021
Some thoughts from the dual:

125: Shunk gives a nice effort, but has a low ceiling
157: Bearclaw tried, but also seemed to have a low ceiling
I loved the movie “Being Shunk, Barraclough” :) :

Last edited:

Latest posts