Rhonda Keenum

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Daaaaamn. As polished as the Keenums are publicly, I’m shocked that this tweet hasnt been deleted

Reactions: Mr. Cook

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Given what went down, Cohen & Schaefer’s disagreement was inevitable. We don’t have the money to dump into WBB while it continues to lose millions for the university. Tough nature of women’s athletics

Reactions: AFDawg and patdog

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Eventually everyone will realize, nobody likes John Cohen. Polk was right all those years ago.
my wife and i walked from Davis Wade to the Sanderson Center with Coach Polk last year, and i got a chance to ask him some stuff he might not discuss with media. He was open because my uncle is one of his good friends. I told him he was right about Cohen while we were walking. We'd been talking about some things that were relevant to what I said. He had been talking our heads off the whole walk, but when I told him that, he didn't say anything. Just looked ahead with his head slightly down and smiled. Then we changed the subject.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
No. He wasn’t. He’s got a lot of faults, but Cohen rebuilt our baseball program from the ashes. Raffo would have been a disaster.
Nobody said Polk was right about Raffo. Polk was right about the person Cohen is. And Cohen was dysfunctional outside of baseball. And that damn turf he put on the baseball field is trash too. When a guy's coach and employer throw shade at his ***, it's bad.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
No. He wasn’t. He’s got a lot of faults, but Cohen rebuilt our baseball program from the ashes. Raffo would have been a disaster.

And he built it even bigger by the hire he made after he left….with the guy that brought us the natty. Made some other good hires and bad ones. Wasn’t perfect of course, but still a Bulldog who advanced MSU athletics much further than many other coaches and administrators in our past.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
With the stuff the keenums have posted like that. There must have been some serious **** go down between them before cohen left. Weren't we supposed to get a story about that from someone?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nobody said Polk was right about Raffo. Polk was right about the person Cohen is. And Cohen was dysfunctional outside of baseball. And that damn turf he put on the baseball field is trash too. When a guy's coach and employer throw shade at his ***, it's bad.
No disagreement there. I’m glad he’s gone.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
"needs more time to spend with his family". I'll remember that

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

A more accurate description would be that he was dysfunctional outside of actual athletics. Fund raising, NIL, schmoozing, etc. He was aloof and/or an *******, depending on who you ask. But only WBB is in worse shape than when he took over (unavoidable), and many other sports are better.

I often wondered why the folks who had such vitriol towards Cohen the AD didn’t direct their anger towards the ones that made him AD in the first place. Cohen didn’t unilaterally hire himself, and it really wasn’t entirely Keenum’s decision, either.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
A more accurate description would be that he was dysfunctional outside of actual athletics. Fund raising, NIL, schmoozing, etc. He was aloof and/or an *******, depending on who you ask. But only WBB is in worse shape than when he took over (unavoidable), and many other sports are better.

I often wondered why the folks who had such vitriol towards Cohen the AD didn’t direct their anger towards the ones that made him AD in the first place. Cohen didn’t unilaterally hire himself, and it really wasn’t entirely Keenum’s decision, either.
Football isn't better. Baseball is a wait and see now, because the talent from another coach is gone. WBB is a train wreck. Basketball is about the same as Howland just a different version right now. Recruiting will determine that. Outside of baseball one season, nothing to brag about. But baseball was his thing. Cohen alienated a lot of people including some that hired him. I ripped on those when we hired him. It's was a disgusting move by certain people to get what they wanted. He's a turd, they're turds. Both hurt us outside of one baseball season.

blackjackdog3

Aug 23, 2012
Cohen let the greatest womens basketball coach in school history leave. We were on the verge of becoming the next UCONN. Even if we were losing money in womens basketball if we begin winning multiple NC’s we would recuperate that back in enrollment. I miss Vic and I’m glad Cohen has gone to The Barn. I’m grateful for the Keenum family and I truly believe he is the best president in school history.

Bully1972

Jan 2, 2020
I was very anti-Cohen but the fan base needs to stop holding Schaefer’s departure against JC. Everything points to Vic being out of line. Cohen had many faults but that situation he handled 100% correctly.
What was the "situation"?

patdog

May 28, 2007
And for the record, I was fine with him being the baseball hire. He was a solid coach. Overthought things sometimes, but good.
Cohen’s biggest strength is he’s very smart. His biggest weakness is he always has to prove he’s the smartest guy in the room. And sometimes he does some really stupid things trying to prove that.

patdog

May 28, 2007
What was the "situation"?
Allegedly his daughter was in a relationship with a player while she was an assistant coach. Allegedly. If true, Cohen was right to call him on it. His hire to replace him was a disaster.

Reactions: AFDawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Everything points to Vic being out of line. Cohen had many faults but that situation he handled 100% correctly.
No it doesn’t. Some bs internet rumors point to that, but that’s not what happened. If there were inappropriate relationships going on, Mrs Keenum wouldn’t have made this comment. Nel and Cohen road Vic so hard on complete bs that he left.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Football isn't better. Baseball is a wait and see now, because the talent from another coach is gone. WBB is a train wreck. Basketball is about the same as Howland just a different version right now. Recruiting will determine that. Outside of baseball one season, nothing to brag about. But baseball was his thing. Cohen alienated a lot of people including some that hired him. I ripped on those when we hired him. It's was a disgusting move by certain people to get what they wanted. He's a turd, they're turds. Both hurt us outside of one baseball season.

So you just hated Cohen at AD to begin with and have been bitter since 2016 it seems. What a delusional post.

Football isn’t better? Please. We were wrapping up a 5-7 regular season when he took over in 2016. Was a bumpy road to get here, but 9 wins and the Egg is territory we haven’t seen since 2010.

Baseball is “wait and see” now? Idiotic. And Lemonis himself recruited Bednar, who pretty much carried us to that title. Not to mention Yeager and all the other portal guys this year, along with top rated HS kids.

The men’s basketball product is so far ahead of what Howland put on the floor (with Jans trying to make it work with inherited trash), that its not even funny. Saying we are the same as with Howland is borderline troll territory.

Women’s basketball is light years ahead of the past 2 seasons. 15 wins already and middle of the pack in the SEC. Pretty much right where we should be when we don’t have a Vic level coach. But since we aren’t a perreniel Top 5 program, people are going to continue to not give a crap. Oh well.

To be clear, I hated the Cohen to AD move in 2016 because I thought we were messing with good things in both baseball and the Bryan Building. And it was certainly a bumpy ride at times….all the way to the end. He had worn out his welcome with the NIL era moving in. But the athletic department didn’t implode, and baseball actually got better. Before Leach unexpectedly passed, we were looking to be in a really good spot long term in all of the big 4 sports.

Nobody wants to acknowledge that Cohen had multiple flaws and multiple strengths at the same time. We saw both….he wasn’t all good or all bad. He’s where he needs to be now. Time to just let go of the hate.

Last edited:

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
No it doesn’t. Some bs internet rumors point to that, but that’s not what happened. If there were inappropriate relationships going on, Mrs Keenum wouldn’t have made this comment. Nel and Cohen road Vic so hard on complete bs that he left.
There’s a reason certain players rumored to have been involved transferred out when they would have been guaranteed a starting spot under NMP. No such thing as a coincidence

Reactions: AFDawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
There’s a reason certain players rumored to have been involved transferred out when they would have been guaranteed a starting spot under NMP. No such thing as a coincidence
Ever considered they didn’t want to play for NMP? Players transfer all the time.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
I have tried to tell y’all what went down bout Vic & Cohen and Cohen lying and not being truthful with Keenum. Only a few folks know the real deal and it will piss u if u knew everything. There is a reason Cohen ain’t here anymore… and don’t forget he Voted Ole Miss as the 64th and last team in last year when he could have voted Alabama in… his own ******* hometown. The AD department need’s BLOWING UP All the way to Everyone associated with the Bulldog Club. Entitled lazy and arrogant and expect us to give and literally get nothing back what a **** show.