Downvotes to celebrate that a guy died.
Some of you have gone full retard.
I didn't see you coming to Stephen Hawking's defense a few years ago, when people weren't merely using thumbs but gleefully celebrating how he was now "burning in Hell"
You didn't see me coming because I wasn't there. I wasn't downvoting people's posts about him resting in peace. Only douchebags do stuff like that.
I didn't see you coming to Stephen Hawking's defense a few years ago, when people weren't merely using thumbs but gleefully celebrating how he was now "burning in Hell"
So we agree that you don't feel the need to call out people for downvoting (as if up/downvotes mean anything in the first place) unless the deceased is someone you personally like? That you're not acting out of principle, just trying to score cheap political points?
It's not just Hawking. I haven't found a similar post from you in ANY other "RIP" thread. Just this one.
Can you go back and find that thread on Stephen Hawking for us? I’d like to read some of the comments.
Rush was a real American, Goldarnit! Hawkings was a godless intellectual who wrote about **** we can't possibly understand.
We're supposed to want guys like him burning in the deep hot pit of eternal Crisco. It's in the BIBLE!!!
We can. The thread still doesn't show up. (I know, I only typed "hawking", which is less specific than "Stephen Hawking")Can you type "Stephen Hawking" in the search bar?
I didn't see you coming to Stephen Hawking's defense a few years ago, when people weren't merely using thumbs but gleefully celebrating how he was now "burning in Hell"
To be fair, if someone relayed the news to me that someone died and I replied with a thumbs up, they probably wouldn’t be happy with my reaction. And yes I realize the difference.Downvotes to celebrate that a guy died.
Some of you have gone full retard.
To be consistent, because I don't want Quaors to get so upset that he won't give it up for his boyfriend later......we shouldn't be celebrating anyone's death, including Hawkings. Terrorists and serial killers are probably the exception to that rule for me.
To be fair, if someone relayed the news to me that someone died and I replied with a thumbs up, they probably wouldn’t be happy with my reaction. And yes I realize the difference.
Just posting a few of the most memorable Rush Limbaugh quotes without commentary:
"Women we're doing quite well in this country before feminism came along." ~ Rush Limbaugh
"Slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark." ~Rush Limbaugh
"Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is also a White House dog?" (While holding a picture of 13-year old Chelsea) ~ Rush Limbaugh
"There is a movement to normalize pedophilia, and I guarantee you your reaction to that is probably much the same as your reaction when you first heard about gay marriage." ~ Rush Limbaugh
"The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."
"I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."
"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"
On Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb: "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team." [Limbaugh resigned from ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown pregame show after uproar over these comments.]
"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."
"Everything in Africa's called AIDS. The reason is they get aid money for it. AIDS is the biggest pile of, the biggest pot they throw money into."
Responding to a caller who said black people should have a greater voice on issues: "They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?"
On Barack Obama, during the 2008 election: "A veritable rookie whose only chance of winning is that he's black."
"If any race of people should not have guilt about slavery, it's Caucasians. The white race has probably had fewer slaves and for a briefer period of time than any other in the history of the world ... And yet white guilt is still one of the dominating factors in American politics. It's exploited, it's played upon, it is promoted, used, and it's unnecessary."
"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society."
"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation."
On Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown law student who testified before Congress about the importance of health insurance covering birth control: "What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex ? what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute."
On Hurricane Irma: "You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic. You don't need a hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes to become more frequent and bigger and more dangerous, and you create the panic, and it's mission accomplished, agenda advanced." [Limbaugh later evacuated his Florida home because of the hurricane.]
On the Central American migrant caravan heading toward the U.S. in 2018: "The objective is to dilute and eventually eliminate or erase what is known as the distinct or unique American culture ... This is why people call this an invasion."
On LGBT politicians getting elected: "I guarantee there'd be some people in the Republican establishment who will now think, 'Yeah, we need to do this. We need to provide a home, we need to provide a comforting atmosphere for the tranny community and the gay community.' But those people are voting Democrat anyway."
Speaking of mass media and controversial figures. I was pretty busy last week and didn't check in on the pack much.I just did a search and I am shocked to see there was no thread about Larry Flynt passing on here. A smut peddler yes, but also a 1st amendment advocate unlike any other.
Two prophetic quotes from a self described scumbag:
"If you're not going to offend somebody you don't need the First Amendment."
"If the human body's obscene, complain to the manufacturer, not me."
Larry Flynt... Fighting cancel culture since 1973.
RIP Rush and Flynt. Two dudes on opposite ends of the universe that had backbone. I can respect anyone that meets that standard.
This thread is additional proof that politics is the new dominant religion, and an extremist religion at that.
Yikes. Are those quotes real?
Maroon and White Football
Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
Maroon and White Football
Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
Maroon and White Football
Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
Maroon and White Football
"Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
Maroon and White Football
"We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama