I work with someone that knows Rondo's mom from way back. She said that even that far back money was being offered to top players. Mom was in charge, and she/he went with Tubby because he was straight, and didn't try to buy him.
What? Money thrown at hs players was much before that. Everywhere.
Mostly $1 dollar bills compared to today.Yeah, I've talked to people involved in recruiting in the 80s who have told me about suitcases of cash.
Sebastian TelfairMy memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
Sebastian Telfair
Tell Fair.My memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
He was pissed he offered Telfair and then chose KyMy memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
KSR Podcasts
11 Personnel: Disrespect for Kentucky ahead of LSU Showdown
KSR Football
Kentucky Players Ready for Familiar Foes against LSU
KSR Football
Lane Kiffin sees a little bit of himself in Will Stein
KSR Basketball
Kentucky MBB finalizes complete 2026-27 schedule
KSR Women's Basketball
Kentucky WBB will play program-record 17 games on national TV