I work with someone that knows Rondo's mom from way back. She said that even that far back money was being offered to top players. Mom was in charge, and she/he went with Tubby because he was straight, and didn't try to buy him.
What? Money thrown at hs players was much before that. Everywhere.
Mostly $1 dollar bills compared to today.Yeah, I've talked to people involved in recruiting in the 80s who have told me about suitcases of cash.
Sebastian TelfairMy memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
Sebastian Telfair
Tell Fair.My memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
He was pissed he offered Telfair and then chose KyMy memory is pretty fuzzy considering how long it has been but I thought Rondo chose UK/Tubby because he was pissed at Pitino for initially offering someone else a scholarship over him?
KSR Football
Will Stein Downplays Kentucky's AP Top 25 Ranking, Dylan Stewart's Absence
KSR Basketball Recruiting
5-star PG Reese Alston completes official visit to Kentucky
KSR Basketball Recruiting
Paul Osaruyi takes KSR behind the scenes of his official visit to Kentucky
KSR Basketball
Kam Williams hopes to complete full transition from scoreboard operator to draft pick—and champion
KSR Football
Kentucky is bringing back the chrome domes at South Carolina