I don't know specifics of California's state taxes.......
Cost of living is the issue though. They'll have to outbid A&M by 25% to get Sumlin to the same place. If he's got $5MM from each school, it's really a no-brainer to stay where he is - at least from a personal finance standpoint.
Then again, maybe he wants to go to LA and check out the sunshine. I think if I had two job offers both for $5MM a piece, one in Texas & one in L.A. I'd say screw the East Texas grasslands. It's tough to frown on a jet ski regardless, but it's almost impossible to frown on a jet ski in the warm pacific waters.
Maroon and White Baseball
"This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
Maroon and White Basketball
Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
Maroon and White Football
"Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
Maroon and White Basketball
Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
Rivals Football Recruiting
WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list