SB Weekend Game thread vs Auburn, game 1

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
I think he was already hot when Stephen got thru the last, so that will count as using him whether he throws an inning or not. Might as well get an inning out of him.
Charlie and Bart brought that up on the broadcast. He was already fully warmed up when the game was still in question in the top of the 7th. At that point you just have to go ahead and use him.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Charlie and Bart brought that up on the broadcast. He was already fully warmed up when the game was still in question in the top of the 7th. At that point you just have to go ahead and use him.
Not in a 7-run game you don’t. He’s available tomorrow night if you don’t bring him in. He’s not now. Apparently our coaches trust the rest of our relievers even less than I do. That’s kind of scary.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I was just wondering about the weather. It looks like it’s going to rain all day when I looked?
Forecast is for rain tomorrow night. If that holds, we’ll play 2 Sunday. But we’ve all seen 24-hour forecasts completely miss it.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Last 3 starts, Stephen is 21 innings and 0 earned runs. I hate to think where we'd be without him.

He has been a revelation. So nice to have a very dependable Friday starter. I had hopes for some good starts, but didn't expect the consistency he has shown the last 5 SEC starts.

Lemonis gets props for this addition.

ETA #1 Texas A&M (35-4 now) is 15-1 since Stephen and Davis shut them down in our 5-1 win. They are 25-1 at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I feel like I’ve heard a lot of people talking recently about how the SEC isn’t what we thought it would be this year, yet I just noticed that we have the #1, 2, 3, and 4 teams in the country
In addition to the top of the league, there is usually an unexpected SEC team in Omaha. 15 out of the last 20 tournaments an SEC team seeded 9+ has been in Omaha.

That doesn't happen with such regularity without good teams in the league.