SCOTUS Leaker

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
And according to the right, space lasers caused the California fires. Kind of ridiculous to stereotype an entire group of people based on the comments of a few idiots isn't it?
I guess everyone here did not get that memo. It is interesting that some people do not have a grip on neonatology. Babies have been born with our present technology as early as 23-25 weeks. The fetus is pretty well developed and has all of their internal organs by then. They start to feel pain around week 28 or so. They have developed their sex organs by then. They have a strong heartbeat and most of their nervous system has been developed. I am not necessarily against abortions all together. The problem is that 95% of the abortions are purely for birth control and not for incest, rape or other outlying issues or the mother’s health. A large majority are repeaters. It takes two to tango. Unfortunately, the floodgates opened with Roe vs. Wade and now it appears to be the birth control method of choice. Apparently, all of the sex education classes are for naught. It only takes one bullet. I would rather see more birth control strategies used than abortion. I guess abdication of responsibility today is not in the forefront of those who chose abortion as their only way to prevent unwanted births. I might add Norma McCorvey who went by the pseudonym of. Jane Roe eventually became a strong anti-abortion activist. Interesting turn of events. If she was alive today I wonder what she would think of all of this.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Pudly76

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
Omg, how stupid is CCP Eric Swalwell? Because of the leaked Roe vs Wade decision Swalwell claims that Republicans will ban interracial marriage. Obviously, the China spy guy is an idiot. Black Republicans are calling him out on the carpet to explain himself for his idiotic comment.

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
Omg, how stupid is CCP Eric Swalwell? Because of the leaked Roe vs Wade decision Swalwell claims that Republicans will ban interracial marriage. Obviously, the China spy guy is an idiot. Black Republicans are calling him out on the carpet to explain himself for his idiotic comment.
Swalllowwell has consistently shown he is stuck on stupid. Need I say more?

Reactions: Fight On Era

BehindSunset

Aug 24, 2017
No doubt Clarence Thomas would support such a ban (wait for it). These people really are clowns.

mprb

Sep 5, 2021
Huh? You must be living under a rock. What a ridiculous comment this is. You're purposely lying to get a reaction. I'll leave it at that.
If it's so ridiculous then it should be easy to show evidence that it's wrong. So show me evidence that sexual orientation and gender identity is being taught in Florida K-3 public schools. Something like actual Florida educators saying that it is being taught in their schools. I'll wait.

sctrojan2006

Aug 24, 2017
It would have been easier to have a discussion if you hadn't tried to compare the "morality" of the death penalty with the morality of an abortion (which was the subject of this thread). I don't support the death penalty, but the sentence was based on the decision made by a jury of his/her peers whereas the killing of an unborn child was based on the decision/whim of a single person.
I do not attempt to compare the moraility to either. They both are immoral. Just as it is hypocritical for the supporters of abortion being against capital punishment. I believe it is hypocritical of those that are opposed to abortion to be for capital punishment. It has been proven that many have been sentenced to death and later found innocent of the crime. The system of capital punishment is flawed and imperfect. Human beings have historically done a poor job of deciding who gets to live and who should die.

The major legal difference between abortion and capital punishment is that one is currently legal in all states and the other is only legal in 27 states. Roe v Wade is the difference maker between the two.

mprb

Sep 5, 2021
Deflection is your best strategy, huh? The fact that the mother wasn’t allowed to know what was happening to her child has no value to you? Typical of many of your responses.
I read about that case and the school is disputing her claim that she wasn't notified, stating that there had been communication between her and the schools on this. So it's impossible for any of us not directly involved in this to know who is telling the truth.

This is what the school said, “From the moment Mrs. Littlejohn first emailed her child’s teacher to inform our staff of the situation, this has been handled together in partnership with clear communication,” said a Leon County Schools spokesperson. “We understand that outside entities have now become involved, but the family clearly instructed the school staff via email to allow their child to ‘take the lead on this’ and to do ‘whatever you think is the best.’ Additionally, our superintendent met with the family and committed to amend any vague or unclear policy language—of which we have created a committee and are working on currently.”

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Probably for the times it was enacted. That is why you got the "eye for an eye" law; tough times required tough laws and as civilizations became more advanced, things "softened" up.

See above.

It would have been easier to have a discussion if you hadn't tried to compare the "morality" of the death penalty with the morality of an abortion (which was the subject of this thread). I don't support the death penalty, but the sentence was based on the decision made by a jury of his/her peers whereas the killing of an unborn child was based on the decision/whim of a single person.
I was a very staunch supporter of the death penalty until I served on several jury trials and the results of DNA exclusion and overturning of convictions that were by a jury of someone’s peers. Witness testimony, even by “experts” is suspect at best, the fact that expert testimony in cases by the fbi using fingerprint analysis is and has been flawed in many cases.
Better to be cautious than righteous.

sctrojan2006

Aug 24, 2017
I understand that's the argument behind Florida's bill but the reality is that there has been no evidence shown that this is happening in Florida's schools. The Florida Department of Education stated that sexual orientation and gender identity is not being taught in Florida public schools. That's why I said in my previous post that this bill, like the CRT bans, isn't about solving a problem because the problem they're supposedly addressing doesn't exist. It's not about about fixing a problem. It's about gaining votes, campaign funding, and DeSantis trying to set himself up for a Presidential bid in 2024.
This is why we need term limits. Politicians have devoted more time and resources to getting elected and re-elected, than they have on sound policy to move our country forward. The two party system has put our country in a deadlock. Our country is hurting from it.

mprb

Sep 5, 2021
The question is why this law is so bothersome if it isn’t happening? We have speeding laws although most don’t speed, we have laws against murder when most don’t kill.
If this isn’t happening, why the angst.
You clearly don't live in Alabama

sctrojan2006

Aug 24, 2017
If you ban abortion, I think you meed to
have in place very strong child welfare services. And you need to ban capital punishment. I do think rich women abort babies just because the child would simply be an inconvenience. Much of life can be inconvenient though.
My wife and I are considering adoption, the cost is estimated to be between $2000 to $65000 to adopt a child. The goal should be to encourage adoption not put a financial barrier between prosepctive parents and a child. The only barriers should be how fit the prospective parents are and if the home is a good environment to raise a child in. We send money all over the world to help others, but we forget about our own.

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
Yet conservatives want to shut down Planned Parenthood, the biggest provider of birth control to women in this country. Does this make sense ?
Not this conservative. I think there are a lot of good things PP does. Birth control of course one. Women’s health is another. I don’t know if abortions are being funded as part of government support. I have heard varying stories. Needless to say, I think PP does have programs exclusive of abortions they do provide.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
My wife and I are considering adoption, the cost is estimated to be between $2000 to $65000 to adopt a child. The goal should be to encourage adoption not put a financial barrier between prosepctive parents and a child. The only barriers should be how fit the prospective parents are and if the home is a good environment to raise a child in. We send money all over the world to help others, but we forget about our own.
I disagree that we forget about "our own," but, yes, there should be more incentives to adopt and fewer barriers to would-be parents who are gay or have manageable issues that have excluded prospective parents in the past.

Reactions: Cacadetoro

Kaptain Karl

Feb 16, 2018
As a secular conservative this is insanely disappointing. All this will do is politically destabilize this country even more. Frankly, a true conservative won't run to Daddy Government for more rules and regulations when it serves him. Moral/social issues should be fought on the micro level, not on the macro level. Huge **** up by the right if this goes through.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
As a secular conservative this is insanely disappointing. All this will do is politically destabilize this country even more. Frankly, a true conservative won't run to Daddy Government for more rules and regulations when it serves him. Moral/social issues should be fought on the micro level, not on the macro level. Huge **** up by the right if this goes through.
Not sure that the feds should moralize the abortion issue? I say they shouldn’t have interpreted the constitution so as privacy guarantees a right to abortion. It should always have been a local issue.
Society and politics have been fractured for decades now, this makes no difference that I can see.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I disagree that we forget about "our own," but, yes, there should be more incentives to adopt and fewer barriers to would-be parents who are gay or have manageable issues that have excluded prospective parents in the past.
Have you not paid attention to gays with children all over the media lately?

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
Ha ha ha ha! Oh my lord, is someone beating the war drums for our favorite faux Native American Spazzy Lizzy Warren during her over-the-top unhinged tirade? Crazy cat lady 🙀🥁🤣

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I understand that's the argument behind Florida's bill but the reality is that there has been no evidence shown that this is happening in Florida's schools. The Florida Department of Education stated that sexual orientation and gender identity is not being taught in Florida public schools. That's why I said in my previous post that this bill, like the CRT bans, isn't about solving a problem because the problem they're supposedly addressing doesn't exist. It's not about about fixing a problem. It's about gaining votes, campaign funding, and DeSantis trying to set himself up for a Presidential bid in 2024.
I agree that sex education isn't required in the state of Florida, it is left up to each district. However, that doesn't mean it isn't being taught. That said, we have to consider the actual language of the bill.

"Parental Rights in Education; Requires district school boards to adopt procedures that comport with certain provisions of law for notifying student's parent of specified information; requires such procedures to reinforce fundamental right of parents to make decisions regarding upbringing & control of their children; prohibits school district from adopting procedures or student support forms that prohibit school district personnel from notifying parent about specified information or that encourage student to withhold from parent such information; prohibits school district personnel from discouraging or prohibiting parental notification & involvement in critical decisions affecting student's mental, emotional, or physical well-being; prohibits classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in certain grade levels; requires school districts to notify parents of healthcare services; authorizes parent to bring action against school district to obtain declaratory judgment; provides for additional award of injunctive relief, damages, & reasonable attorney fees & court costs to certain parents."

I have no problem whatsoever with this bill regardless of how or why DeSantis is using it. And the reason is why it became an issue in the first place. It isn't about stopping current teaching. It's about preventing the detachment of parents from their children's education, guaranteeing access to their children's health and welfare, and allowing parents to decide what they think is appropriate for their children in a classroom setting.

It is far easer to stop something before it starts than to halt a process with full momentum. It was in Loudon County Virginia where a male, under liberal gender policy, raped more than one girl in the female bathrooms. The school district denied it, which was proven untrue, and then they kicked the father of one of the victims out of a school board meeting saying HE was the liar. And then of course in the gubernatorial election, a key candidate said that parents have no role in their children's education. From there, we continue to read about teachers and schools who are "transitioning" students without telling the parents....actually changing their gender on the official records.

Watch this from a US Dept of Education online discussion. A "trans" teacher talking about "gender inclusive biology". First of all, it's ludicrous. Biology is biology, regardless of gender. He thinks when teaching about cell division, it's wrong to teach that "women produce eggs" and that language should be "cleaned up" by teaching that "ovaries produce eggs". GTFOOH. As a mom, I am not willing to give up my biological place in order to make a gender confused person "feel better". Just....NO.

Then this week, biden said to a group of teachers, "They’re all our children.... They’re not somebody else’s children. They’re like yours when they’re in the classroom." Again, just....NO.

The direction the left is going is very clear. As a parent, I'm not interested in the least. If teachers, school boards, and the DoE are allowed to keep doing this, they will keep doing it! DeSantis can run for potus or anything he wants, I don't care. But if he's willing to stand in the gap for parents and their rights/access to their children's education, that trumps all. No pun intended.

Reactions: DaFireMedic

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I agree that sex education isn't required in the state of Florida, it is left up to each district. However, that doesn't mean it isn't being taught. That said, we have to consider the actual language of the bill.

"Parental Rights in Education; Requires district school boards to adopt procedures that comport with certain provisions of law for notifying student's parent of specified information; requires such procedures to reinforce fundamental right of parents to make decisions regarding upbringing & control of their children; prohibits school district from adopting procedures or student support forms that prohibit school district personnel from notifying parent about specified information or that encourage student to withhold from parent such information; prohibits school district personnel from discouraging or prohibiting parental notification & involvement in critical decisions affecting student's mental, emotional, or physical well-being; prohibits classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in certain grade levels; requires school districts to notify parents of healthcare services; authorizes parent to bring action against school district to obtain declaratory judgment; provides for additional award of injunctive relief, damages, & reasonable attorney fees & court costs to certain parents."

I have no problem whatsoever with this bill regardless of how or why DeSantis is using it. And the reason is why it became an issue in the first place. It isn't about stopping current teaching. It's about preventing the detachment of parents from their children's education, guaranteeing access to their children's health and welfare, and allowing parents to decide what they think is appropriate for their children in a classroom setting.

It is far easer to stop something before it starts than to halt a process with full momentum. It was in Loudon County Virginia where a male, under liberal gender policy, raped more than one girl in the female bathrooms. The school district denied it, which was proven untrue, and then they kicked the father of one of the victims out of a school board meeting saying HE was the liar. And then of course in the gubernatorial election, a key candidate said that parents have no role in their children's education. From there, we continue to read about teachers and schools who are "transitioning" students without telling the parents....actually changing their gender on the official records.

Watch this from a US Dept of Education online discussion. A "trans" teacher talking about "gender inclusive biology". First of all, it's ludicrous. Biology is biology, regardless of gender. He thinks when teaching about cell division, it's wrong to teach that "women produce eggs" and that language should be "cleaned up" by teaching that "ovaries produce eggs". GTFOOH. As a mom, I am not willing to give up my biological place in order to make a gender confused person "feel better". Just....NO.

Then this week, biden said to a group of teachers, "They’re all our children.... They’re not somebody else’s children. They’re like yours when they’re in the classroom." Again, just....NO.

The direction the left is going is very clear. As a parent, I'm not interested in the least. If teachers, school boards, and the DoE are allowed to keep doing this, they will keep doing it! DeSantis can run for potus or anything he wants, I don't care. But if he's willing to stand in the gap for parents and their rights/access to their children's education, that trumps all. No pun intended.

How about sex Ed during art class?? I posted this in another thread..

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
Have you not paid attention to gays with children all over the media lately?
No, I haven't. But I assume your sampling of "the media" is a tad different than mine. Are you suggesting gay couples should not be allowed to adopt?

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
This is why we need term limits. Politicians have devoted more time and resources to getting elected and re-elected, than they have on sound policy to move our country forward. The two party system has put our country in a deadlock. Our country is hurting from it.
And there should be a two-year cooling off period between runs for a different office. No more using various positions as a stepping stone to your next "career" goal in politics. Politics should not be a career.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
So they pass a bill that is to prevent something that has not started, and the ones that speak out against it are labeled as pedophiles and groomers/ Yes this is Trumps America

Reactions: mprb and aimeedee

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
All this would do is return the decision to the states, which I support. That said, yes this is going to energize the democrat base. And I suspect most "pro-life" politicians don't want this to happen, because now the dog has caught the bumper. What do they do now?

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
So they pass a bill that is to prevent something that has not started, and the ones that speak out against it are labeled as pedophiles and groomers/ Yes this is Trumps America
Labeling opponents "pedophiles"and "groomers" is fine. Just don't dare call DeSantis a "bully" -- that is going too far. Sighhhhh......

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
No, I haven't. But I assume your sampling of "the media" is a tad different than mine. Are you suggesting gay couples should not be allowed to adopt?
Hardly. Just that so many are celebrating their new families.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
when you support something with a 33% approval rating

You talking about jojo?

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Can you name anyone on this board excited about Biden. He won because he was running against Trump. And yet the base still loves Trump. You make the call

Reactions: aimeedee

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Ummmm...shouldn't we celebrate "new families"? That means fewer kids without a loving home, right?
What is your problem? Where did I even remotely hint that they shouldn’t adopt or celebrate?
Are you just being looney today?

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Can you name anyone on this board excited about Biden. He won because he was running against Trump. And yet the base still loves Trump. You make the call
Oh. I thought you mentioned 33% approval..

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
I don't know anyone, personally or on this board, who is "excited" about Biden. He simply represented "not Trump." And if the GOP has any common sense, the party would move on from that chapter. But the base eats it up, so the party will continue to pander to it.

aimeedee

Aug 25, 2017
What is your problem? Where did I even remotely hint that they shouldn’t adopt or celebrate?
Are you just being looney today?
I'm sorry -- I thought your reference to gay adoptions in the media, as a response to my suggestion that barriers to gay couples be lessened, was suggesting a problem with them. Were you just trying to say there aren't barriers for gay couples adopting?

Last edited:

Latest posts