Seat AND PARKING upgrades

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Got this email today. Don't know who's responsible for this but it's a fantastic idea to combine parking upgrades with the seat selection process. I've been trying to change my parking lot for years and somehow never manage to call at the right time of the year. Apparently someone's actually listening to us peons.

upgrades.JPG

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Have you looked at availability yet? I tried but it doesn’t work on a phone. A little curious as originally they called it a complete “reseating” of parking but the verbiage says upgrade.

also has anybody heard any news about any tailgating changes? I know the study was supposed to be in work on that. The outcome definitely has an impact on my choice of parking location.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Got this email today. Don't know who's responsible for this but it's a fantastic idea to combine parking upgrades with the seat selection process. I've been trying to change my parking lot for years and somehow never manage to call at the right time of the year. Apparently someone's actually listening to us peons.

View attachment 569985
Don’t count your chickens too early

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

View attachment 569985
They are starting you at the horse park and letting you pay your way closer to the stadium.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Novel concept but there is not any space available in my current lot much less anywhere that I would consider an upgrade.

Aug 22, 2012
Just came to to comment on this. Anybody else in Lot 10 and the other 1-2 lots that are getting kicked out. Turns out it’s not a complete reallocation of parking spots.

Anybody not affected by the construction can keep their current parking. They are letting those of us affected pick first amongst the scraps leftover before general seat/parking changes.

And if you’re wondering, what’s left is garbage!

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Just came to to comment on this. Anybody else in Lot 10 and the other 1-2 lots that are getting kicked out. Turns out it’s not a complete reallocation of parking spots.

Anybody not affected by the construction can keep their current parking. They are letting those of us affected pick first amongst the scraps leftover before general seat/parking changes.

I guess I’m just thrilled that they didn’t re-paint the lines and then immediately start charging double for premium parking

Aug 22, 2012
Made a few phone calls yesterday asking about this after I got my email.

Apparently they were planing a complete parking redo by rank but University construction plans affected more than they were expecting so only the people displaced from lots 10, 8, and one other lot got moved this year. We get to “choose” only our parking first before any unaffected ticket holders get to “attempt” to upgrade tickets and parking. Nothing really available in the original good lots, but they did open up several more new lots for football parking.

We get our ticket upgrade time at the appropriate time based on rank. They plan on doing the complete redo next year based on rank after all this construction is complete.

Stinks for those of us displaced this year but I can deal with it if it’s just for one year. Again, a little more timely notification with full explanation would go a long way in preventing frustration instead of me having to call three different people and finally just call someone higher up to get a decent answer.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Thanks for the heads up, my upgrade is Friday. Last year, we moved out of the scoreboard (after many years) and immediately regretted it. Hopefully, we can get back in.

Dog88

Oct 8, 2023

I got kicked out of Lot 10. What parking lots are left to choose from? Also, any idea where the new lots are located?

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Way I understand it everybody gets the seat and parking upgrade option now whether you request it or not. Don’t have to do anything with it and can click the opt out link in the email or just skip it

Dog88

Oct 8, 2023
Still no map with available lots showing on the upgrade site this morning. Not sure how this is going to work for those of us who have to choose new parking lots today.

Last edited:

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Still no map with available lots showing on the upgrade site this morning. Not sure how this is going to work for those of us who have to choose new parking lots today.
I was able to log in and see the map with available spaces as soon as I got the email last week. I haven't tried since then. My selection comes Thursday afternoon.

Dog88

Oct 8, 2023
I was able to log in and see the map with available spaces as soon as I got the email last week. I haven't tried since then. My selection comes Thursday afternoon.

You are the only one I’ve talked to that has been able to see anything on the upgrade/selection site. In past years the seating map would come up for me as soon as I received the email and I could track the available seats up until my selection time. Not this year.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You are the only one I’ve talked to that has been able to see anything on the upgrade/selection site. In past years the seating map would come up for me as soon as I received the email and I could track the available seats up until my selection time. Not this year.
I can see available seats.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I'm not changing seats so I didn't even check there. For parking, I just hovered my cursor over the highlighted lots and it would show if any spots were available.

Dog88

Oct 8, 2023
I just called the ticket office. I was told that those of us with Gridiron Passes cannot see the seat map or the parking map. It’s a glitch and they’re not sure they’re going to be able to fix it before my selection time.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
For me it's showing available spaces in: 26, 36,8, 24, parking garage, 22, 28, 6, 16,14, 20, 25, 19, 21, 23, 27, 15, 13 and 17.
People are picking and it looks to be updating live. Lot 16 now shows none available. 6 is off the board for me too now.

Reactions: Dog88