Serious question: If Rattler has made his mind up to declare for the draft...

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
It pays out, but actually playing in the NFL will pay out a lot more than any policy. The insurance will just ease the blow a little.

But I’ve said it before - when a kid is about to go pro, everything he does from that point on is a business decision. The agents they choose, the pre-draft workouts they participate in, their own behavior in every day life. This also includes deciding to play in an exhibition game. For some, the extra game film and practice will help them, for others the bowl games are 100% risk (forget injuries, if they play poorly that could affect their status as well). I would never ask a projected first rounder to play in an exhibition game - there is no upside for them.

“Ra ra” and “for the team” is all well and good, but none of those teammates are going to put food on the first-rounders plate. The kids are getting their first taste of real life now that college is over for them. At this point guys need to protect their current draft projection and try to improve it.
You need to go onto youtube & watch Bo Schembechler's "team" speech.

Dod Rangerfield

Jan 30, 2022
You may want to move on from the 70's Rod.
That speech happened in the 80s, my man................& the 80s were a vastly better time than now. People were respectful & our country wasn't the United States of the Offended.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
That speech happened in the 80s, my man................& the 80s were a vastly better time than now. People were respectful & our country wasn't the United States of the Offended.
I would tell you to go back but it sounds as if you are already there.

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
First, I'd teach my kids to read. FULL STOP. Start over and re-read my post/s.
You're wrong. Period.
Second, I'd teach my kids what character and commitment really mean. I don't need to guess, I know > You're 1/2 the fanbase that is the problem. Encouraging quitting. <smh> Just brilliant. Great life lesson. <smh>
lol who said anything about your hypothetical kids?
I'm 95% of the fanbase that realizes that a kid's future and their children's future is more important than an exhibition game and a free watch or ipad they get from it.

Let's say you're a construction worker. You get a 7 year old company truck to drive with 150K miles on it and $7.25/hour and working on an interstate bridge that takes 3 years to build. You're 2 months from finishing when another company comes in, offers you $200/hour and a brand new truck but you won't start for 4 months. Will you continue standing on the side of the interstate with cars going 80 MPH by you, chancing your death or serious injury, just to finish the road with your coworkers, or will spend some time with your family, sharpen your road paving skills, and prepare for your new, life changing job?

The answer is a really easy one. These kids weren't blessed with priveleged childhoods or handouts. They should take their opportunity to make money while they can, without risking it. I'm sorry you cant get past your fandom to understand its bigger than the game, these kids have worked their whole lives for the payday to relieve themselves and their families of the burdens they have lived with.

Also, when you type a "." you don't need to write out period. That's what punctuation is for lol.

Reactions: Viennacock

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
I'm 95% of the fanbase that realizes that a kid's future and their children's future is more important than an exhibition game and a free watch or ipad they get from it.

Let's say you're a construction worker. You get a 7 year old company truck to drive with 150K miles on it and $7.25/hour and working on an interstate bridge that takes 3 years to build. You're 2 months from finishing when another company comes in, offers you $200/hour and a brand new truck but you won't start for 4 months. Will you continue standing on the side of the interstate with cars going 80 MPH by you, chancing your death or serious injury, just to finish the road with your coworkers, or will spend some time with your family, sharpen your road paving skills, and prepare for your new, life changing job?

The answer is a really easy one. These kids weren't blessed with priveleged childhoods or handouts. They should take their opportunity to make money while they can, without risking it. I'm sorry you cant get past your fandom to understand its bigger than the game, these kids have worked their whole lives for the payday to relieve themselves and their families of the burdens they have lived with.

Also, when you type a "." you don't need to write out period. That's what punctuation is for lol.
👏

Reactions: SSIGamecock

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022

I stopped reading after the bold part.

You're wrong. 9-4 record looks a lot more attractive to highly ranked recruits than 8-5. Another win to finish out the season strong might just be the difference between landing a big time recruit or not. It's called *BUILDING* a winning program. You don't do that by celebrating quitters.

*YOU ARE MAKING EXCUSES FOR ENCOURAGING QUITING* = Quitters *WILL NEVER* win a Natty. We're done here. Game over. I win.

• Love
Reactions: Dod Rangerfield

Whatever1

Mar 27, 2022
You're clapping because someone is rationalizing it being ok to quit.....

Newsflash: It's not ok to quit on your teammates when you have made a commitment. You lack character sir. Period. Type all you want, you're wrong.
What a moronic statement. You are just giving your opinion while telling others theirs are wrong. You lack common sense and intelligence sir.

Reactions: Viennacock

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
You're clapping because someone is rationalizing it being ok to quit.....

Newsflash: It's not ok to quit on your teammates when you have made a commitment. You lack character sir. Period. Type all you want, you're wrong.
Instead of applauding someone's success, you prefer to sit around and ***** about it. While Cam is enjoying his millions, you continue to stay bitter.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
Nope. I have character, integrity, and morals, and a back bone.
You have been with the same employer your entire life? I would be very surprised if your being honest but if do I commend you if true.

For the record, leaving a job mid year doesn't mean you lack character etc. It means your are looking out for the best interest if your family.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022

You're wrong. 9-4 record looks a lot more attractive to highly ranked recruits than 8-5. Another win to finish out the season strong might just be the difference between landing a big time recruit or not. It's called *BUILDING* a winning program. You don't do that by celebrating quitters.

*YOU ARE MAKING EXCUSES FOR ENCOURAGING QUITING* = Quitters *WILL NEVER* win a Natty. We're done here. Game over. I win.
How do you think it would look to top recruits if Beamer bashed Smith for leaving early? I'm going to take Beamer at his word that he is happy for Cam. If Beamer is lying, in your eyes he lacks character etc?

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
If Cam was worried about getting hurt why did he play in the Clemson game? He had nothing to prove in that game.
This is a silly argument in a silly thread. These players don’t owe **** to anyone and vice versa. You could make this same argument supporting a decision never to drive a vehicle or handle a steak knife. The reason is his scholarship was awarded in exchange for his agreement to play. But, it doesn’t include bowl games that follow the expiration of his last season. Anyone who has a problem with this has too many 1st world niceties and not enough real world problems. Kudos to you.

• Angry
Reactions: Dod Rangerfield

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
What a moronic statement. You are just giving your opinion while telling others theirs are wrong. You lack common sense and intelligence sir.
You lack a response to > YOU DO NOT QUIT ON YOUR TEAMMATES.... Ever.

You're 1/2 the fanbase that keeps us in the toilet. Great attitude. Try responding again without insults. :) <grin>

BetaLiberalCock1

Oct 22, 2022
Won't be posting in this thread again.

Agree to disagree and move on. Whomever agrees - cool. Whomever doesn't, cool. Let's all pull hard for the Tarholes now.

• Haha
Reactions: SSIGamecock

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022

lol you're a clown.. Declaring who is right and wrong/win and losses on a message board. Have at it bud. You've never won at anything else in life. You were the guy who sat at the end of the bench and pulled for his "buddies" bc they weren't really your friend and mad that players that have the opportunity for bigger and better things may choose to sit out.

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
Won't be posting in this thread again.

Agree to disagree and move on. Whomever agrees - cool. Whomever doesn't, cool. Let's all pull hard for the Tarholes now.
Done got his feelings hurt bc people don't agree with him. Now says agree to disagree because people won't let him win :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts