Since Reggie Bush is getting his....

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Hot take: Bush shouldn't get his Heisman back. He broke the rules of the time, whether you agree with those rules or not. Just because the rules changed 20 years later, doesn't mean they should just retroactively go back and apply those rules to the time period he won it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The Heisman Trust is who made this decision. I think its dumb to reverse course, but whatever- its their trophy and they get to do what they want.

If the NCAA starts reinstating team and individual records based on the same reasoning, there should be immediate and sustained vocal pushback by fans and schools. Nobody should accept that without significant pushback.
If that ever happens, then what- coaches with show cause penalties for things that are now legal could sue for lost wages? Thats absurd to type, but it is a reasonable next step if the NCAA reinstates team and individual records based on the same reasoning as the Heisman Trust's decision.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Hot take: Bush shouldn't get his Heisman back. He broke the rules of the time, whether you agree with those rules or not. Just because the rules changed 20 years later, doesn't mean they should just retroactively go back and apply those rules to the time period he won it.
Not hot to me but if it will get the talking heads to shut up about it, please do.

Reactions: Dawgg

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Meh. Every Heisman winner for the last 50 years were paid to sign for their team. And countless other players too. NCAA just picked and chose who to investigate and hit with sanctions.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
But they weren't the Heisman's rules. He broke NCAA rules.

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
The Heisman Trust is who made this decision. I think its dumb to reverse course, but whatever- its their trophy and they get to do what they want.

If the NCAA starts reinstating team and individual records based on the same reasoning, there should be immediate and sustained vocal pushback by fans and schools. Nobody should accept that without significant pushback.
If that ever happens, then what- coaches with show cause penalties for things that are now legal could sue for lost wages? Thats absurd to type, but it is a reasonable next step if the NCAA reinstates team and individual records based on the same reasoning as the Heisman Trust's decision.
Sorry to hijack the thread but it's kinda related.

I don't have a problem one way or the other with Bush and the Heisman situation, but the one thing I think should have happened a long time ago is Pete Rose getting into the Hall of Fame. He gambled as a coach? Put him in as a player. There's no evidence he ever bet while he was a player and no evidence he ever bet against his team

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Sorry to hijack the thread but it's kinda related.

I don't have a problem one way or the other with Bush and the Heisman situation, but the one thing I think should have happened a long time ago is Pete Rose getting into the Hall of Fame. He gambled as a coach? Put him in as a player. There's no evidence he ever bet while he was a player and no evidence he ever bet against his team
Charlie Hustle should definitely be in the Hall of Fame and now - not 10 years after he’s passed.

Reactions: PBRME

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
Apples and oranges. Never , Never BET as a pro athlete. Taints the system.
But he didn't bet as a pro athlete. He bet as a coach. I know, I know, he shouldn't have. I think he knows that now. But, there is no reason to keep him out as a player. He definitely has the stats. Thay much is not in dispute.

I also feel like the players from the steroid era belong in there too. McGwire, Bonds, Clemens, Raffy, etc. You have the segregated era when the players had padded stats because they weren't playing against the very best competition. Why not have the steroid era too? It was just the way things were, and they were that way because MLB allowed it to be by not testing for it.

If it was me, and millions of dollars were on the line, I'd probably do it and most everyone else would too.

Last edited: