I meant it more that both teams were recruiting him at least a little. I know it wasn't a battle like Patterson/Rockin the Deuce. If I recall correctly, Rosebowl said he overthrew a receiver by like 30 yards and his pass ended up in the stands. Granted, it could have been one bad pass that slipped, but I enjoy the visual.Curly Bill said:and his recruitment wasn't a State/UM battle. I know this will draw the typical remarks, but we really did back off of Cot-ton.
Soooo many people I talked to loved Croom and thought he was a great guy. However, these fans were all fans of other SEC West schools.UpTheMiddlex3Punt said:Reminds me of how many people liked us from 2004-2008DerHntr said:you know you suck when your rivals like you and want you to stay.
cottondistrictdawg said:Well at least they think. he left this note with the coaches....
![]()
Maroon and White Football
"Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
Maroon and White Football Recruiting
2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
Maroon and White Football
2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
Maroon and White Baseball
"This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
Maroon and White Basketball
Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad