So let's see, we are now last in the SEC West after 1 weekend (which is where we finished last season). Now,

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
we've lost our 14th SEC game in a row, that's 4 consecutive times we've been swept and lost 2 of 3 in the previous series so lost 14 of last 15 SEC games (that alone is reason for dismissal here). We are 12th of 14 in batting average, 12th of 14 in ERA, 14th (LAST) in fielding percentage, 14th (LAST) in passed balls allowed, 13th in Wild Pitches, 12th in stolen bases allowed percentage (thrown out only 6 of 45), 12th in team batting average, last in walks given up and its not close, 14th (LAST) in runs allowed, 12th in hits given up (that's not good when you've given up the most walks in the league) 13th in earned runs given up, and so on and so forth.

Put together the number of passed balls, wild pitches, most walks given up, add 12th most hits given up, errors i.e. last in fielding %, it's a wonder we've won any games. We are beyond bad and well on the way to being worse than last year. For the first time a MSU baseball team embarrassed me last year losing 27-2 to TN at home of all places. Thank goodness for the new run rule addition this season or it could have been worse this past weekend and this coming weekend too........

Oct 20, 2022
That's really - really bad. It sure appears that there are a myriad of problems from the top all the way down. No way we recruited players this awful.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
we've lost our 14th SEC game in a row, that's 4 consecutive times we've been swept and lost 2 of 3 in the previous series so lost 14 of last 15 SEC games (that alone is reason for dismissal here). We are 12th of 14 in batting average, 12th of 14 in ERA, 14th (LAST) in fielding percentage, 14th (LAST) in passed balls allowed, 13th in Wild Pitches, 12th in stolen bases allowed percentage (thrown out only 6 of 45), 12th in team batting average, last in walks given up and its not close, 14th (LAST) in runs allowed, 12th in hits given up (that's not good when you've given up the most walks in the league) 13th in earned runs given up, and so on and so forth.

Put together the number of passed balls, wild pitches, most walks given up, add 12th most hits given up, errors i.e. last in fielding %, it's a wonder we've won any games. We are beyond bad and well on the way to being worse than last year. For the first time a MSU baseball team embarrassed me last year losing 27-2 to TN at home of all places. Thank goodness for the new run rule addition this season or it could have been worse this past weekend and this coming weekend too........
Well, there is another West team up the road that is tied for last with us. Just sayin'.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
We wailed and gnashed our teeth over Leach for awhile too early in the season and he came through with a 9-4 worksheet. I said earlier to wait 15-20 games into the schedule to see what our team does. Well, we've played 21 games and I am disappointed, but not quite out of hope. How good is KY? I don't really know. They have a good record, but their history is very average. They are a team that a normal MSU team would have won 2 of 3 and possibly swept. I'm not in favor of a mid-season firing of our HC. And.....I subscribe to the Ron Polk series rule of thumb.......and that is: ....win a minimum of 2 games at home and a minimum of 1 game on the road. We came nowhere close to that this past weekend. In fact, KY should have run-ruled us on Sat. & Sun. It came really close to happening too. THAT.....should NEVER happen to any MSU team. We'll know for sure how bad we really are this coming weekend vs VANDY. BTW.....I'm sure Corbin remembers the CWS Championship we took from him and he won't show any sympathy or let his foot up off the gas if he gets the chance. Will our coaches and team nut up for the Commodores? Again, I don't know, but I can only hope the team does everything it can to win some games.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLemonis’ 5-gallon bucket should be so hot that it’s radioactive right now. Same thing for FoxhaLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

(Notice that there are 14 Ls in each of their names.)

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
For the first time a MSU baseball team embarrassed me last year losing 27-2 to TN at home of all places. Thank goodness for the new run rule addition this season or it could have been worse this past weekend and this coming weekend too........
27-2 is still very much on the table to happen again - the run rule doesn't kick in until after the 7th inning. LSU might hang 30 on us in the first 5 innings....

Reactions: PhredPhantom

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
that's 4 consecutive times we've been swept and lost 2 of 3 in the previous series so lost 14 of last 15 SEC games (that alone is reason for dismissal here). We are 12th of 14 in batting average, 12th of 14 in ERA, 14th (LAST) in fielding percentage, 14th (LAST) in passed balls allowed, 13th in Wild Pitches, 12th in stolen bases allowed percentage (thrown out only 6 of 45), 12th in team batting average, last in walks given up and its not close, 14th (LAST) in runs allowed, 12th in hits given up (that's not good when you've given up the most walks in the league) 13th in earned runs given up, and so on and so forth.
So in other words, we are the SEC baseball equivalent of Vandy in SEC football.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
I’d say after this weekend and looking forward we will lead the league in getting run ruled at the end of the season.
Good news is I don’t think this season will last much longer, I got a feeling some very big world events will lead to a shutdown worldwide. If so, we won’t be worried about baseball much longer.
So there’s that.
lol

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
I’d say after this weekend and looking forward we will lead the league in getting run ruled at the end of the season.
Good news is I don’t think this season will last much longer, I got a feeling some very big world events will lead to a shutdown worldwide. If so, we won’t be worried about baseball much longer.
So there’s that.
lol
So National championship really was the start of the end? Ha!

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
American Horror Story Burn GIF by AHS

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
27-2 is still very much on the table to happen again - the run rule doesn't kick in until after the 7th inning. LSU might hang 30 on us in the first 5 innings....
I fully expect Vandy to do it to us twice this weekend .

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
So there’s that.
lol
Last time the world shut down and the season got canceled, the next season for us went pretty, pretty good. #tryingtofindthesilverlining

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
Thanks Peeper for the stats. Now, I hope someone will e-mail those stats to our AD. Can’t hurt a thing, might help.

Boosh

Sep 14, 2017
As bad as we've always been at most sports, we could always point to baseball and say that at least we didn't suck at that. How any person in the leadership can let that last one thing get to this is beyond me. It's the most State thing ever.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I think this is where all the replies should start with "well I have not even watched 2 minutes of baseball this year..."