So the Russell story is officially out….

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
To get back on subject after witnessing a MASSIVE cooterpoot-

I wonder if civil suit judgements can tap into a player(s) NIL earnings, or of NIL funds can be used for payoffs/ NDAs.

Slow Natives

Nov 10, 2018
There's nothing ever fair in a fight. If you don't know that, you've never been in one. Your goal is to win. Boxing has rules, fighting doesn't.
Sounds like two guys that had a problem with each other and one took one down. He'll get some type of action taken against him. He might even get a civil lawsuit. Fighting is still better than a shootout like we see these days. Alabama had a player assist a murderer and play.
You could have stayed silent and no one would have known…

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Wasn't unprevoked
Unless the tiny kid took a swing at the big guy, it was unprovoked. At that point, the 300-pound behemoth would have been completely justified to take the kid down.

Sounds like a shìtty deal all around. Like you say, we’ll hear both sides at some point.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Word is some racial slurs were hurled.
And that’s unacceptable. But, it doesn’t excuse unprovoked physical assault in a court of law in this country.

You have the right to free speech in this country, even if you’re a POS. Full disclosure, I went to Clinton HS and my class and the surrounding ones are chock full of some of the worst people you could ever know. So, this kid being a POS is no shock to me.

Reactions: biodawg

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Trace: .... completed his junior year at Mississippi State University and is on the Dean’s List for this last semester. He is a political science major on MSU’s pre-law track, the President of MSU’s Pre-Law Society (two years running) and has also served as the Vice President of the Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity. Trace has also served as a MSU Student Association Senator all three years of school and was recently elected by the Senate to be the Speaker of the Senate for the coming school year.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Fighting Irish.sixpack

Oct 26, 2012

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Word is some racial slurs were hurled.
Riiiiiiiiiight.

The actual truth is, it involved something much less controversial, and accidental. There is no way this dude Trace popped off with that word to a damned SEC defensive end’s face. If you believe that, you take college sports too seriously and I honestly am a little scared for your family.

You want to know the reason he has t been arrested/suspended/etc.? Well that’s not hard to figure out genius.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Lol. Very convenient that the little white kid said the only word that could justify his *** getting knocked out cold by the African American football player twice his size.
Very convenient a State fan folds tent and declares a guy guilty. Why can folks not wait until it's all out and we can see time it alll? He might be guilty but let's wait and see instead of taking a lawyers word.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
Very convenient a State fan folds tent and declares a guy guilty. Why can folks not wait until it's all out and we can see time it alll? He might be guilty but let's wait and see instead of taking a lawyers word.
I'm taking Russell's word in his DM to the kid apologizing and admitting to the foolish act.

That aside, context of this specific post is in regards to someone saying the kid called Russell the n word. Sorry, I'm not going to just accept the get out of jail free race card without any evidence and all common sense (Russell apologizing and taking blame via DM) suggesting that almost certainly didn't happen.

Again, no one is disputing Russell knocked the kid out cold and I've seen no one suggest this kid was actually trying to fight. I'm not sure what else there is to find out to confirm that Russell made a huge foolish mistake.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
I'm taking Russell's word in his DM to the kid apologizing and admitting to the foolish act.

That aside, context of this specific post is in regards to someone saying the kid called Russell the n word. Sorry, I'm not going to just accept the get out of jail free race card without any evidence and all common sense (Russell apologizing and taking blame via DM) suggesting that almost certainly didn't happen.

Again, no one is disputing Russell knocked the kid out cold and I've seen no one suggest this kid was actually trying to fight. I'm not sure what else there is to find out to confirm that Russell made a huge foolish mistake.
I mean, the guy made a mistake based on his text. Doesn't mean he deserves a death sentence . The smart thing to do is wait and see instead of just pointing fingers. And it could go south but that's cool too if deserved.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

For real man. You think if that word was involved that Russell would be apologizing? No way.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Smoked ? Is that what you call it when a 280 lb coward hits a person half his size with sucker punch ?
I think most people could halfway start to understand this if that were the case (racial stuff), but it wasn’t. This guy isn’t saying that to Russell.

The truth is out there, people who know, know. It was over stupid, accidental shlt. Russell is an idiot who needs to onto jail.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
That's the easy go to, it's instantly accepted as truth, and if you say it's not......well you are also the issue.
Well, if you’re facing jail time, a civil suit and going to lose your football career, “the card” is a pretty easy thing to play. It’s not believable in this situation where a drunk moron assaulted a much smaller person over alleged spilt beer.

What’s really sad is you have a 150 pound honor student who has suffered a brain bleed and permanent damage to his neck, and now for simply asking for the law to be enforced after he was assaulted is going to get his name dragged through the mud with really disingenuous cries of “racism” as if that somehow justifies this.

To the fans who are trying to somehow rationalize this , it smacks of being morally bankrupt and just trashy. Russell is a below average player on a bad defense. What’s he going to do ? Help us achieve a 4-8 season instead of a 3-9 season ?