So the Russell story is officially out….

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If nothing else, and I'm sure we already are doing this, we must thoroughly investigate this. At least some things don't quite add up to me. I may be a bad judge because I had a similar incident in my younger years. It will make you angry when you have sucker punched... especially if it was over some trivial matter.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Well, if you’re facing jail time, a civil suit and going to lose your football career, “the card” is a pretty easy thing to play. It’s not believable in this situation where a drunk moron assaulted a much smaller person over alleged spilt beer.

What’s really sad is you have a 150 pound honor student who has suffered a brain bleed and permanent damage to his neck, and now for simply asking for the law to be enforced after he was assaulted is going to get his name dragged through the mud with really disingenuous cries of “racism” as if that somehow justifies this.

To the fans who are trying to somehow rationalize this , it smacks of being morally bankrupt and just trashy. Russell is a below average player on a bad defense. What’s he going to do ? Help us achieve a 4-8 season instead of a 3-9 season ?
Agree, Russell will likely add zero value to the university once he finishes football.

Oct 17, 2023
There's nothing ever fair in a fight. If you don't know that, you've never been in one. Your goal is to win. Boxing has rules, fighting doesn't.
Sounds like two guys that had a problem with each other and one took one down. He'll get some type of action taken against him. He might even get a civil lawsuit. Fighting is still better than a shootout like we see these days. Alabama had a player assist a murderer and play.
That's the way to double down on stupid.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
I mean, the guy made a mistake based on his text. Doesn't mean he deserves a death sentence . The smart thing to do is wait and see instead of just pointing fingers. And it could go south but that's cool too if deserved.
Who said anything about a death sentence? I never even mentioned jail time or addressed punishment at all, for that matter.

Russell pointed the finger at himself, I'm just following his lead. Y'all feel free to "wait and see" if the kid called him the n word.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
You drop the N word you get that *** smoked. At least realize who you're dealing with.
Oh, so is this what the aggressor apologized about, and just “wanted to talk” about?

GTFOH with your victimhood narratives, unless you were there, Kamala

ETA: It just dawned on me, your “realize who you’re dealing with” comment. What’s that supposed to mean, pussyfart? That he’s dealing with an N-word and his anger issues are part of a more complex socio-economic issue than any of us can understand?

Last edited:

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
You're really sticking with this one, huh?
Well I have to ask myself, why does the so called "victim " in this case have to lawyer up within hours? I can only see two reasons 1. He wants to control the narrative because it didn't go down exactly as his lawyer's statement said. we have only heard the account from as Shumley put it ...an "aggressive" lawyer. 2. They are setting the stage for a civil action where they can drain the family of any and all of their resources
while I never condone violence...the legal process should play out...but this grandstanding by this lawyer is serving no purpose except inflame a situation .and in my eyes tarnishes his clients standing. .hell most of you have already ready convicted Russell .....no telling what you guys would have done to Russell if this was in the 60's or 70's

Reactions: Hot Rock

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Well I have to ask myself, why does the so called "victim " in this case have to lawyer up within hours? I can only see two reasons 1. He wants to control the narrative because it didn't go down exactly as his lawyer's statement said. we have only heard the account from as Shumley put it ...an "aggressive" lawyer. 2. They are setting the stage for a civil action where they can drain the family of any and all of their resources
while I never condone violence...the legal process should play out...but this grandstanding by this lawyer is serving no purpose except inflame a situation .and in my eyes tarnishes his clients standing. .hell most of you have already ready convicted Russell .....no telling what you guys would have done to Russell if this was in the 60's or 70's
Yea , the 150 pound kid and lawyer are doing all of this to go after the Russell families “Deep Pockets”.

ok Perry Mason

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Oh, so is this what the aggressor apologized about, and just “wanted to talk” about?

GTFOH with your victimhood narratives, unless you were there, Kamala

ETA: It just dawned on me, your “realize who you’re dealing with” comment. What’s that supposed to mean, pussyfart? That he’s dealing with an N-word and his anger issues are part of a more complex socio-economic issue than any of us can understand?
Show me that comment. I don't see where he said it. You guys still talking the word of an attorney. Lawyers are professional liars. This will end with Russell suspended or whatever and the guy getting his racist rear end embarrassed. Nobody wins here.

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Yea , the 150 pound kid and lawyer are doing all of this to go after the Russell families “Deep Pockets”.

ok Perry Mason
Just explain to me why a completely innocent victim needs a lawyer ? Your comment about the Russell families "deep pockets " says all we need to know about you....

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Just explain to me why a completely innocent victim needs a lawyer ? Your comment about the Russell families "deep pockets " says all we need to know about you....
Lots of trolls in this thread

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
That kids dad is a lawyer, the kid is pre-law, of course they are going to involve a lawyer.

Snide remarks because I am not under the assumption Russell’s parents are super wealthy ? Your arguments are ridiculous.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Just look at this thread. Fan types making things up. Not reading the anrtjcle for facts.

Also it's been over a week and the DA down there (George Soros funded) has not done a thing.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011

My question is, why do so many of these guys lose control at the extent that they are willing to nearly kill somebody?

I don’t buy it.
Why would you sucker punch someone you had no previous contact with? I find that a little hard to believe. Not that it justifies it but I doubt there wasn’t prior contact.

Trazom

Mar 26, 2023
Happened to me once. Drunk *** took me for someone else. Did the old tap on the shoulder and punch. I got a black eye out of it. He got jail. I suspect that was one of many arrests for that guy.

Trazom

Mar 26, 2023
He didn’t lawyer up within hours. Did you read the link?

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
FFS
It’s right there in a mixture of plain English and Ebonics.
Biden voter. Figures.

ME GOT PICTURE BUT STILL NO SEE
What's funny is a guy calling folks names in a thread related to a guy getting his *** smoked for calling someone names. Quite ironic!

Reactions: Hot Rock

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
What's funny is a guy calling folks names in a thread related to a guy getting his *** smoked for calling someone names. Quite ironic!
You’re really going to die on this hill? You think a skinny Lambda Chi called Demonte Russell a slur to his face? In 2024 no less. Especially when the accidental spilled drink stuff is known and out there.

You’re certifiably insane.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Don't be a puss. Just assume what the attorney is 100% fact. Nevermind the rest of the story. We got some soft *** fans who turn on their own mighty fast.
Let me make one thing straight. We aren't turning on our own. This is about right and wrong. Russell sucker punched a little guy who never took a swing at him. He is facing FELONY assault. I don't know either one of them, but Russell made a life changing stupid mistake that is likely going to have lasting health effects on the victim. Russell should be in jail right now.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Show me that comment. I don't see where he said it. You guys still talking the word of an attorney. Lawyers are professional liars. This will end with Russell suspended or whatever and the guy getting his racist rear end embarrassed. Nobody wins here.
A huge guy sucker punching and putting another guy of opposite race does so much to make race relations better.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Before NIL it would have been some Frat boy got his *** whipped by a football player. Now that they have money, it's going to be how much can I get out of them.********

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Now that they have money, it's going to be how much can I get out of them.********
In all seriousness, it has made me realize..... these collective will learn how garnishments work. Hahahaha.

Eric Moulds may have .... maybe... had his child support paid with NiL.

Reactions: patdog