State gets a basketball transfer from Miami

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
jamie foxx grammys GIF

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s kinda funny the difference between how this board looks at it and the pay board.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Dude had zero double figure scoring games. He will fit right in to Jan’s molasses offensive scheme
Especially when they know he pursed and interviewed for another job, that he didn’t get. It will take a few years, for him to still be here, for him recover from that recruiting wise.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t think the plan is for this guy to be a starter as they are still chasing other centers. He was also a true freshman this year so I wouldn’t read too too much into his numbers. Top 150 player in his signing class with a solid offer sheet. He’s raw but has a nice ceiling. Not sure what this means for Chol, I could see him leaving now.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Whatever Jans is, a top recruiter he is not. There's a ceiling with him, and I think we're there.
It's unrealistic to think any coach at MSU would pull in 8 transfers each year that are all starters or established high demand players.

Jaquan Scott is in the transfer portal. Are you really expecting Jans to replace him with a Dalton Knecht level transfer?

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Whatever Jans is, a top recruiter he is not. There's a ceiling with him, and I think we're there.
which doesn't make any sense as we've had such a rich history of 'Top' recruiting...never watch much cusa/wac do ya?

patdog

May 28, 2007
which doesn't make any sense as we've had such a rich history of 'Top' recruiting...never watch much cusa/wac do ya?
Stansbury and Howland both recruited better than Jans has so far, so that's 2 of our last 3 coaches before him. Jans is a much better coach than Howland was though.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Stansbury and Howland both recruited better than Jans has so far, so that's 2 of our last 3 coaches before him. Jans is a much better coach than Howland was though.
Are you just limiting the comparison between Jans and Howland to state tenure? Sure, Jans has done better coaching....but Howland should have been light-years better based on his track record.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Stansbury and Howland both recruited better than Jans has so far, so that's 2 of our last 3 coaches before him.
Man, now that you say that (which I agree with)... did any coach at State ever do less with more than those two?

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Can't find a lot of info on 'Not Found'. Is that a Dutch name?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Are you just limiting the comparison between Jans and Howland to state tenure? Sure, Jans has done better coaching....but Howland should have been light-years better based on his track record.
Definitely just at State. Something happened with Howland in the middle of his UCLA tenure. He went from 3 Final Fours + 2 Sweet 16s in 7 years to being just mediocre his last 5 seasons at UCLA, then continued coasting in Starkville. I never understood why the coach we saw in Starkville didn't look anything like the one I remembered from those big games between Stans's MSU teams and his Pitt teams back in the day.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
especially with all his 4 and 5 star legacy players. He stole 7 million bucks from the university. Not 1 tournament win in 6 years ( he gets a pass for the COVID year, but we weren't getting in anyway).

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
if we’re not out at north by southern idaho st looking for a lightly recruited larry bird out of HS then we’re too dumb to be paid this much

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Good player. His numbers aren't great (didn't start) but was a much higher recruit than Tolu.
His HS offer sheet included UCLA, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, Providence, Vandy, Georgetown, NC State, etc....dude is player. Be happy we got him.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Good player. His numbers aren't great (didn't start) but was a much higher recruit than Tolu.
His HS offer sheet included UCLA, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, Providence, Vandy, Georgetown, NC State, etc....dude is player. Be happy we got him.
you cant be serious with this take?

So hes recruited by a bunch of middle tier programs. Gets to a mid-tier program and doesnt play.. and we should be happy we got him?

To me, that screams either 1) im not close to being ready or 2) i was way overrated coming out of high school

Miami was a bad basketball team and he couldnt get on the floor....

• Sad

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I will bookmark this moronic statement from you for next season. 🤡
Im not saying he's not worth a roster spot. But youre acting like hes some great grab out of the portal.

1) this kid is someone that played in one of the best basketball conferences-- screams he wasnt ready for the competition
2) this kid played for a basketball team that went 15-17 and hardly got minutes

What about that tells you good player and someone we should be happy to get?

Your reasoning for him being such a good get is because he was recruited my some mid-tier programs out of high school and was a 4 star prospect?

Reactions: SorryDog

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Im not saying he's not worth a roster spot. But youre acting like hes some great grab out of the portal.

1) this kid is someone that played in one of the best basketball conferences-- screams he wasnt ready for the competition
2) this kid played for a basketball team that went 15-17 and hardly got minutes

What about that tells you good player and someone we should be happy to get?

Your reasoning for him being such a good get is because he was recruited my some mid-tier programs out of high school and was a 4 star prospect?
Keep in mind, he was only a freshman last year.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Especially when they know he pursed and interviewed for another job, that he didn’t get. It will take a few years, for him to still be here, for him recover from that recruiting wise.
Which is why it is to our benefit to not extend his contract. If this is all he’s doing on the recruiting trail and portal, why is he in our future at all? He hasn’t signed an extension yet, so he may not…. 2 shítty tourney appearances, who gives a 17?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
He's not the answer?? Get the **** out of here. The guy has taken us to 2 straight NCAA tournaments. We had been to one tourney in 13 seasons.
How did all that work out? He probably dominated in the tournaments, right? And it’s certainly helped with our recruiting?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Which is why it is to our benefit to not extend his contract. If this is all he’s doing on the recruiting trail and portal, why is he in our future at all? He hasn’t signed an extension yet, so he may not…. 2 shítty tourney appearances, who gives a 17?
what a miserable way to look at life, and especially your hobby.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This is dumb, even for you. The guy doesn’t want to be here. And it shows.
His desire to be here has no bearing on how anyone should view the success the team has had these past 2 seasons.
Your dismissiveness of 2 straight ncaa tournaments is sad to see.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
His desire to be here has no bearing on how anyone should view the success the team has had these past 2 seasons.
Your dismissiveness of 2 straight ncaa tournaments is sad to see.
Then don’t 17ing read? Jeebus. You must be one bored SOB.

We made it to Dayton. And then we got butt17d by a mediocre meat chicken state team this year. Bravo?

We did the right thing by offering an extension. He hasn’t accepted. He does not want to be here and it is not helping our program. Period.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
If he can keep getting us to the tourney, I’m ok with this. As long as we don’t return to the hell that we experienced the decade prior to him

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
If he can keep getting us to the tourney, I’m ok with this. As long as we don’t return to the hell that we experienced the decade prior to him
Agree. At least we’re competitive. I can live with that.