Steve writing a book about his life and how he’s overcome adversity and sh*t

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Good for him. I think it’s great. I may not buy and if I do, I’m not sure I’d even read it, but good for him! That’s one thing those damn reb elitists do better than us: they support their own. Us? We eat our own. We piss on them every chance we get.
If Yancey Porter wrote a book, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t sell. Reve even mentioned on a podcast that he’s yanking one of his books from production b/c it doesn’t sell.

I’m happy for the guy that he’s overcome addiction, etc…. But, I sure as hell don’t want to read about it.

Sep 12, 2013
If Yancey Porter wrote a book, I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t sell. Reve even mentioned on a podcast that he’s yanking one of his books from production b/c it doesn’t sell.

I’m happy for the guy that he’s overcome addiction, etc…. But, I sure as hell don’t want to read about it.
Did he overcome addiction tho? From what I understand, he drank like most any young 21 year olds do. I’ve really never understood quite what he was addicted to.

I’ve been to rehab, was addicted to oxy contin for four years. So I resent any fake addicts***

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Did he overcome addiction tho? From what I understand, he drank like most any young 21 year olds do. I’ve really never understood quite what he was addicted to.

I’ve been to rehab, was addicted to oxy contin for four years. So I resent any fake addicts***
Apparently he's been more addicted to being a San Francisco homeless person lookalike than anything else. Hard for me to take anyone seriously who has no more respect for his physical appearance than he does, especially a family man.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I’m happy for him. I may or may not read his book but I dang sure hope it encourages others who face addiction or are recovering addicts. Msubulldogfan1 I’ve seen alcohol destroy many of families. I’ve also have first hand experience with tougher drugs as my teenage daughter is in recovery from fentanyl (11 months drug free and she just graduated with a 3.93 GPA and is planning on pursuing psychology and behavioral health in hopes to help others).
The hate for other bulldogs is disgusting honestly. It gets old.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011

Could be way off, but I’m pretty certain I heard him say on his podcast one day that his stint in rehab was recommended via the state of MS. I’m guessing that means he was doing something a little more than drinking like a normal 21 year old boy.

Reactions: Dawgg

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
I’m happy for him. I may or may not read his book but I dang sure hope it encourages others who face addiction or are recovering addicts. Msubulldogfan1 I’ve seen alcohol destroy many of families. I’ve also have first hand experience with tougher drugs as my teenage daughter is in recovery from fentanyl (11 months drug free and she just graduated with a 3.93 GPA and is planning on pursuing psychology and behavioral health in hopes to help others).
thank you. well said. hope your daughter continues to get better. doubting some ones truthfulness about being an addict is something i have never seen before. it s usually the other way around. not being behind some one bettering themselves because of their appearance , don t even know where to begin with that ....

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Good for him. I think it’s great. I may not buy and if I do, I’m not sure I’d even read it, but good for him! That’s one thing those damn reb elitists do better than us: they support their own. Us? We eat our own. We piss on them every chance we get.
That's why bulldogs are better. We are real. They will lie their arse off to support a lie. I prefer to tell it like it is. If something or someone sucks, say it.

Reactions: GomJabbar
Sep 12, 2013
“What’s love without hate?” - Steve Robertson, probably

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

I don’t know any of the man’s details. I’ve heard him say he doesn’t drink anymore, so I figured that was the extent.

I know he also has advertised places that help with opioid addiction. I hope you were able to ditch it all!

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
That's why bulldogs are better. We are real. They will lie their arse off to support a lie. I prefer to tell it like it is. If something or someone sucks, say it.
I get the “keeping it real” aspect. It’s the publicly shaming that I find unnecessary. Don’t like him? Cool. But there’s no need to blast him on a message board.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Guys like a cult leader now. Sh*tscrazy
Rose bowl is not my cup of tea either but you seem to have a bigger problem than him just being annoying on Twitter. Are you mad because he’s writing a book about his past addition… or do you not feel alcohol rises to the level of deserving a book? You said you went to rehab, you could write a book if you want.

Reactions: Dawgg

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
I do wonder if the page visits/money numbers have went up or down for genespage in the past 5 years

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2013
Rose bowl is not my cup of tea either but you seem to have a bigger problem than him just being annoying on Twitter. Are you mad because he’s writing a book about his past addition… or do you not feel alcohol rises to the level of deserving a book? You said you went to rehab, you could write a book if you want.
My only problem with him specifically is his podcast evolved into personal advertisements half of the show.
Inb4 “it’s his podcasts, he can do what he wants, start your own podcast!!!”

other than that, simply making an observation. But yea, I’m really angry. You’re correct

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I get the “keeping it real” aspect. It’s the publicly shaming that I find unnecessary. Don’t like him? Cool. But there’s no need to blast him on a message board.
Steve usually deserves what he gets. If you are trying to be a public figure then you get public criticism.

Reactions: mstateglfr

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If his story is interesting, then cool- go write and be a success.

You find the hate for other bulldogs to be disgusting, but what about the default love or support for other bulldogs? Isn't that at least laughable? I mean, why is there default live just because he writes about teams that are part of the university from which you presumably received an education?

20,000 people are at that university each year and tens of thousands more are alum and/or fans. Seems like a really huge group to just default love for no other reason than they cheer for a sports team you cheer for.

To be clear, I am not hating in him. I don't know him and really have no opinion of him. I know he has said his life is better now than it once was. Well good.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

Reactions: HammerOfTheDogs

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
You find the hate for other bulldogs to be disgusting, but what about the default love or support for other bulldogs? Isn't that at least laughable? I mean, why is there default live just because he writes about teams that are part of the university from which you presumably received an education?

20,000 people are at that university each year and tens of thousands more are alum and/or fans. Seems like a really huge group to just default love for no other reason than they cheer for a sports team you cheer for.
I mean... why does this message board exist? Why do I cheer for teams that wear maroon and white uniforms with some abbreviation, initialization, or derivative of "Mississippi State University" emblazoned on them? For that matter, why do I own so much maroon and white apparel with some abbreviation, initialization, or derivative of "Mississippi State University" emblazoned on them? Why do/did I cheer for Dak or Slay or Papelbon or Teiara McCowan or Will Clark or Palmeiro or Lawrence Roberts or Eric Dampier YEARS after they've left Mississippi State?

I mean... why ARE you here?