Stoops

Cat_Man_Blue

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2003
1,841
1,671
113
I give Stoops credit for doing things that hadn't been done at UK before he got here. He left UK with an exceptional TE room, but his staff was not able to to capitalize on that. It is early, but I think Stein is the type of coach that normally coaches at big time programs. For the record, I don't think Stein will leave UK for a big time program. UK will give him everything he needs to be successful and he loves UK. Stien has a brilliant football mind. I saw an article where his dad stopped discussing football stratagy with him in highschool, because Will's football acumen was so advanced he couldn't keep up and his dad is an attourny. Stoops on the other hand, was just a guy who knew one thing, football. There is nothing wrong with that, but I was so glad when I knew he would no longer be the UK coach. Thank you coach Stoops, but I believe we have one of the brightest coaches in college football. I also think this is the least tallented teams Stein will ha e at UK.
 

DudahUK

Heisman
Jul 23, 2020
8,968
13,680
113
I seriously doubt he would root against the school. He may even be happy Stein is doing good. He has 38 million reasons not to hate.
If you don’t think he feels burned, you don’t know him. Sure, he’s laughing all the way to the bank but it’s a reason he isn’t even coaching right now. Whatever he is doing at Texas isn’t coaching.
 

DudahUK

Heisman
Jul 23, 2020
8,968
13,680
113
I give Stoops credit for doing things that hadn't been done at UK before he got here. He left UK with an exceptional TE room, but his staff was not able to to capitalize on that. It is early, but I think Stein is the type of coach that normally coaches at big time programs. For the record, I don't think Stein will leave UK for a big time program. UK will give him everything he needs to be successful and he loves UK. Stien has a brilliant football mind. I saw an article where his dad stopped discussing football stratagy with him in highschool, because Will's football acumen was so advanced he couldn't keep up and his dad is an attourny. Stoops on the other hand, was just a guy who knew one thing, football. There is nothing wrong with that, but I was so glad when I knew he would no longer be the UK coach. Thank you coach Stoops, but I believe we have one of the brightest coaches in college football. I also think this is the least tallented teams Stein will ha e at UK.
That’s literally all he left us with. A good TE room and that’s mostly because of Rodriguez. I guess I give props for Miller too. Love him. Also Patterson.

Soeaking of Stoops players. Who was the defensive player that was highly ranked a couple classes ago that we got? I wanna say Brian Robinson or something like? Why has he been a bust? If I remember correctly Michigan was recruiting him heavily?
 

sefus12

Heisman
Dec 22, 2007
7,282
19,338
103
You got to believe he is hating our success. Will Stein is absolutely running laps around him and that’s with 60ish new players to the roster. This aint your daddy’s Kentucky.
I will never understand why some of you feel the need to bash Stoops because Stein is doing well. Stoops gave us some of the best seasons UK has ever seen. It didn’t end how we wanted (coaching tenures usually don’t) but Stoops bowed out in a manner that allowed Uk to go hire someone like Stein, who is definitely ahead of schedule. Why can’t you just appreciate what Stoops did and be happy we have Stein now?

F*cking idiots.
 
Jul 6, 2025
2,716
7,340
113
I will never understand why some of you feel the need to bash Stoops because Stein is doing well. Stoops gave us some of the best seasons UK has ever seen. It didn’t end how we wanted (coaching tenures usually don’t) but Stoops bowed out in a manner that allowed Uk to go hire someone like Stein, who is definitely ahead of schedule. Why can’t you just appreciate what Stoops did and be happy we have Stein now?

F*cking idiots.

Agree. Its just more binary nonsense. You can and should be both appreciative of stoops and be glad Stein looks to be taking us hopefully a step further at some point.
 

Snarks

All-American
Jan 31, 2005
8,658
7,309
93
The fact so many fans think poops was a good coach is why we’ll never be taken seriously as a football school. The guy had 2 good seasons out of 12 (1 was vacated) and was paid nearly $100mil for it. He got lucky with an extremely easy schedule and an extra stinky team. Look at his record against SEC West teams not named Miss State.
 

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
216
303
63
I don't quite get any of the Stoops hate. I'm not saying OP is hating but just all the stuff ive seen.

I didn't go through the terrible times like most of you and I can easily understand what he did for the program.

People love Stein? Guess what he probably don't dare come to UK if it was what it was when Stoops arrived. Stoops made our program better by a long shot. Stein is just going to make it even better.

Stoops doesn't need a statue or need to be worshipped like he was Nick Saban. But man he deserves a lot more respect.

First time in my life me and my Dad got interested enough about UK football to even keep up with it or must I say get excited...

Before Stoops all I knew was UK basketball. I remember the couple good teams we had with Woodson and stuff but man Stoops did an amazing job. He lost his fire at the end. It happens. Guy went through a lot also with his family. Just ridiculous to keep on bashing a guy that did the things he did. We actually owned Florida...

Yea ok the east was down...we could of been down also but we weren't and we kicked *** for a few years.
 
Last edited:

ScWildcat3

All-Conference
Sep 27, 2005
1,131
1,687
113
Stoops probably could care less. He’s got a ton of money and on staff at the #1 team in the country right now. I’m thankful for the years he gave us and got us back respectable before he imploded. But I would bet he is glad to see Kentucky doing good and don’t care much farther than that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DonAndy

Randy Bob

All-Conference
Jun 14, 2009
7,312
4,102
113
Stein finds a way to win Stoops was always finding ways to lose, he should have been gone year ago.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Kentucky inexplicably dropped out of the AP Poll. This is why voters should feel bad about themselves.
  2. 02 KSR Football 'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win
  3. 03 KSR Volleyball No. 3 Kentucky VB drowns in The Swamp, loses 3-2 to No. 7 Florida
  4. 04 KSR Football Henry Boyer has been a clutch touchdown machine for Kentucky
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky may become nationally relevant because of Will Stein, but he says Wildcats win the games