Stupid question…

TheDawgSaint

Jan 18, 2021
That. And he’s a right handed pitcher. Throwing lefty is a gimmick. And hasn’t been a very good one when he’s tried it at this level.
Obviously I agree he wasn’t pitching today, but to say him throwing left is a gimmick; I don’t see that at all. Is he better from the right? Yes, but for someone to throw 90 plus from both sides is very impressive.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Obviously I agree he wasn’t pitching today, but to say him throwing left is a gimmick; I don’t see that at all. Is he better from the right? Yes, but for someone to throw 90 plus from both sides is very impressive.
It's impressive. But it's not something he was ever going to be able to do regularly while pitching right-handed as well. He needed to choose one side or the other and not try to do both. It's just too much. Especially with a 20-hour per week limitation on practice & game time.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Right now:

Hes nothing more than a very average arm left handed. The best thing the new staff did is make him throw right handed 95% of the time. If he were left handed only he probably wouldnt be at an SEC school right now or at best would be an average bullpen piece.

Tricky spot though, for him personally he needs that LHP attribute for draft status/potiental. Because given more time it might develop but right now... its way behind the right side

kired

Aug 22, 2008
IF we still had Dohm and it wouldn't affect Lo's draft potential, he could be very interesting as a middle reliever. Definitely would have potential to throw twice in the same weekend and eat some innings.

Now if we get down to a win or go home scenario and he started 2 days ago... I say all options are on the table and it's something you've got to consider.