Texas at MSU - 1991

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
I ain't afraid of Texas. Give the Kang a sideline pass and let him talk to them players in the locker room.

Jan 4, 2024
The Kang showed our players how a vet makes a Longhorn is why we went 2-0 on that home and home. Sucked living in Memphis though when they beat us at home one of those years.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
It was damned hot but not even comparable to 2000 in Memphis'
137 degrees in those hot as aluminum benches. Kick off was 230 and they ran out of ice and was no water. We left went to the drug store.. bought a cold Mountain Dew and went back to the stadium…

Danny Ford ha cut the a/c units off in the dressing room so the team came back on the field for half time because it was cooler outside in the heat and sun.

Older gentleman passed out around us and we passed him down thru the crowd…

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Had the best dove hunt of my life that morning… we were all so far over the limit we’d still be paying off the ticket today if we’d gotten busted.

Then watched us drag Texas up and down the field in the afternoon before heading to a band at the house later that night

Man….. to be that young again.

Jan 4, 2024
137 degrees in those hot as aluminum benches. Kick off was 230 and they ran out of ice and was no water. We left went to the drug store.. bought a cold Mountain Dew and went back to the stadium…

Danny Ford ha cut the a/c units off in the dressing room so the team came back on the field for half time because it was cooler outside in the heat and sun.

I was there too and have never experienced that type of heat misery. I remember JWS mentioning the locker room incident as well. The year Jim Gallagher (Greenwood resident) won The St. Jude was just as bad I remember as I was there for final round.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
It was a fun time. I mean, I’m sure these days we would’ve fired Jackie in 93, 95, or 96, but there were a lot of good wins

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
I ain't afraid of Texas. Give the Kang a sideline pass and let him talk to them players in the locker room.

I'll never forget Sleepy on the radio as I was leaving Starkville when asked about being the backup before said I was thinking, "**** I can get out there and lose."

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

What did Danny Ford have to do w/ it? Are you talking about Clemson and AR head coach?

• Haha
Reactions: knock him out john

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017

Oh man, what a throwback this YouTube is! I remember watching that VHS tape many a time as a little boy. Room always got dusty when Rodney Stowers injury happened.

Last edited:

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
What's worse - burn to death in a game like this or any other early September game or freeze to death like the Snow Bowl in Shreveport? Third option is the 1999 Cotton Bowl against Texas with Ricky Williams curb stomping the dawgs in a freezing rain?

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Third option is the 1999 Cotton Bowl against Texas with Ricky Williams curb stomping the dawgs in a freezing rain?

Reactions: Double Dawg

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012

The Kang knew that you had to cut the balls off that bull to beat them. It didn't hurt to have Michael Davis, Sleepy, Rodney Stowers, Kevin Henry, Boyd, and Marc Woodward. I was there is 91 and in Austin in 92. The Kang changed the whole perception of the program from our fans.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

Hottest I'd ever been at a ball game..........I was on my way to the game and my vehicle started over heating in West Point......I stopped and let it cool down a bit and then rolled down the windows, turned the heater on hot and drove to Starkville......When I got there I was soaking wet with sweat but it was worth it to spank those burnt orange bitches......