The pitching strategy this weekend

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Cannot be understated. Worked very well. And we could have possibly swept them with a few hits that didn't go straight to the defense and 3 bad pitches by KS.

We also benefited from two of their pitchers being out.

All in all, I'm just hoping the whistler didn't feel sad after the game. They really are into their feelings at Candy baseball

Last edited:
Reactions: HuntDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Not sure I'd go along with we could have swept when we needed a two out ninth inning homer today to win 2 of 3. We were closer to getting swept than vice versa IMO.

Reactions: patdog

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Meh, Hunter Hines is why we won two games. The pitching tried to blow both of those.
I would tend to agree with this. On Sat and Sun we carried commanding 5 run and 6 run leads into the bottom of 6 and blew both of them having to hang on for dear life on Sat and come back from the dead to win on Sun. We got good starts but pitching folded like a cheap card table in the late middle innings. To our credit we got it done though.

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Not sure I'd go along with we could have swept when we needed a two out ninth inning homer today to win 2 of 3. We were closer to getting swept than vice versa IMO.
It was that close yes. They've got some good players and there's a reason they are a top 10 team.

We were playing them at home on their goofy golf fake turf mini field.

Yes they could have won 3, and we could have won 3. Comes down to key moments. We delivered. They did not. Cry about it.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It was that close yes. They've got some good players and there's a reason they are a top 10 team.

We were playing them at home on their goofy golf fake turf mini field.

Yes they could have won 3, and we could have won 3. Comes down to key moments. We delivered. They did not. Cry about it.
I guess my point is that in a closely contested 3 game series either team can point to things that might have allowed them to sweep.

Anyway, glad we got 2.