Thompson vs Purdy

chipotlehusker

Jun 1, 2022
Thanks for the fair minded assessment of our (presumed) QB btown1110. Best post I've read on this forum since it started, thank you. That said, there is still a lump in my throat for that extra second added to the clock that day long ago.

The video linked above too often shows feet like TArmstrong and TMart -sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He gets the ball off quickly, runs with some wiggle & with the ball close to his body in traffic, that will be an improvement. His throws seem fairly accurate in close quarters and he will throw into coverage, I like that. The QB gets too much credit and too much blame.

I hope his injury is healed. I thought there was a noticeable difference in his play after the injury last year. We don't yet know what our offense will look like this season, I hope it gels and he is a big part of it.
Not that many Tx fans had this opinion
I live in austin, a UT law grad & don’t agree with that assessment. Before his hand injury, few complaints. Fans like to

John Sacrimoni

Aug 4, 2022
Do we think there will be a genuine QB competition this fall or is Thompson the guy?

haven’t been this excited since we headed into the 1970 season with Van Brownson and Jerry Tagge at QB!
Likely going to be Casey, based on his experience.
Haarberg still has the most raw upside and liveliest arm. I’ll be interested to see him operate Whip’s offense.

Bill_Callahan2.0

Jun 1, 2022
Ha yes, I agree - the defense lost a very key DL and proceeded to implode against OU. He did have like 5 passes account for something like 60% of his yards (including a 75 yard screen pass) but he was certainly not the reason Texas lost.

With Kansas, also agreed - the defense was the issue. He threw a late pick but the defense finally held, got a great punt return and Casey found a TE on the sideline for a TD to send it to OT.
adrian was here four seasons. Did he ever have a late drive to send it to OT or win a game? Hell, Vedral led us on the game winning FG drive against Nw in 2019.

was adrian also 0-3 in OT games without scoring a TD? granted our special teams is atrocious so that isn’t all his fault.

Last edited: