Thoughts on Kate Middleton

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
Going next year for the first time for spring break (Irish friends of ours have a big St. Patrick's Day soiree and rent out a castle) and we're spending some time in Dublin; as a very proud Irish American, I can't wait. Family is supposedly from County Claire but we also have very old English blood from Cambridge.

Daughter is keen to visit Trinity too - she's very interested in foreign universities (she's visited Oxford and the Sorbonne so far). Report back with your efforts/findings!
I’ve heard great things about Edinburgh. Better $$ deals than many US privates or out of states.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Now we have to throw the flag

The answer is yes.

Reactions: s1uggo72

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
That Cathedral has a crazy history, as does much of the religious history of Ireland. What is also very interesting is that Catholics now outnumber Protestants in The North of Ireland for the first time ever.
Yep- which led Stormont to being unoccupied for a long while post election with 1 side refusing to participate as they are having trouble reacting to the new normal. That said, Sinn Fein are full of problems as well.

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
Uh oh!!!!!!

This is part of the problem (outside of the internet crazies and some of their conspiracy theories). This would not be an issue at all had they just given a sliver of information about her condition rather than going into lock down mode and submitting edited photos. It’s the void of info that allows the crazies to run wild. When you’re too ‘injured’ to work and then spotted out at the farm market you’re just opening it up to criticism.

Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Were there for a week
Visit Kilmainham Jail if you can. Book tickets online before you leave. Uber there and back.

There’s a nice Yeats exhibit at the National Library, free and no tickets required, right in the center of Dublin. You’d enjoy this.

If you’re into art, go to the Hugh Lane Gallery, not the National Gallery.

You can get a quick sandwich in a SPAR store, like a 7-11. They’re everywhere.

If you’re in that neighborhood, south of St. Stephen’s Green, this is a nice place.

I’m not going to recommend you visit Broom Bridge but this is something I absolutely could not miss.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Visit Kilmainham Jail if you can. Book tickets online before you leave. Uber there and back.

There’s a nice Yeats exhibit at the National Library, free and no tickets required, right in the center of Dublin. You’d enjoy this.

If you’re into art, go to the Hugh Lane Gallery, not the National Gallery.

You can get a quick sandwich in a SPAR store, like a 7-11. They’re everywhere.

If you’re in that neighborhood, south of St. Stephen’s Green, this is a nice place.

I’m not going to recommend you visit Broom Bridge but this is something I absolutely could not miss.
We’re going with a tour group for our 25th anniversary so we’re kind of at the whim of the tour. We do have Good Friday in Dublin on our own. We have a tour of the Guinness Storehouse booked and will likely spend the rest of the day walking the city (and hoping to find a Good Friday service) and stumbling into things. We have Hop on-hop off bus tour vouchers so we’ll see where that takes us as well.

Reactions: LionJim and Psu00

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
Not true. She had a "planned surgery" which caused her to cancel several events. Then she releases a photo that makes her look like she is Mrs Sunshine (photoshopped) but can't seem to release even a single photo of her healthy.
Ah yes...it is true.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
well, because they are paid for by UK taxpayers and have a significant influence on UK policy, not to mention the effect UK policy has internationally.

Apparently, they've signaled to the media that there will be a major announcement coming shortly.

Didn't you watch "The Crown?"
The taxpayers give The Royals an annual payout as part of The Sovereign Grant, no? They turned over a ton of land to the English government in exchange for an annual annuity payment. That land generates tangible value to the government and taxpayers. It's not a handout.

Reactions: psu31trap

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Is this the new Test / Politics board?

The old one is now “pay to view” so it is effectively defunct.

Here are the rumours I’ve heard

1) King Charles is dying and needs to pass along his royal duties before he passes, and

2) Much like his biological father, Will-I-Am cheated on his beautiful wife, except this time the “tart” got pregnant, and

3) Kate had either a major nervous breakdown upon learning or is suffering from Chrone’s disease, had a major hystectony. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021

1) King Charles is dying and needs to pass along his royal duties before he passes, and

2) Much like his biological father, Will-I-Am cheated on his beautiful wife, except this time the “tart” got pregnant, and

3) Kate had either a major nervous breakdown upon learning or is suffering from Chrone’s disease, had a major hystectony. 🤷🏼‍♂️
4) she is filing for divorce and they are trying to work out the details before she does.

5) will is into “pegging”, Kate is not. She allows him to step out, but the deal was no emotional attachments with his chosen damsel. He got attached to this other lesser royal gal, Rose I think, and carried on an affair.

do I care about any of this? No.
Do I have anything better to do with my time? Also no.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Going to Ireland in October for about 10 days.
I have heard that it is difficult to leave a bar.
Only if you are an Amateur American. Everyone else, no problem.

Reactions: Fac

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Hysterectomy is my guess. Maybe buy the Charles is dying stuff to an extent. No way Will cheated; he doesn't seem to be his father at all.

Gobert21

Oct 22, 2021
Who gives a **** about the royal family it's a bunch of pompous *** people who are ripping off the people of England. I don't see the fascination in them.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
This is part of the problem (outside of the internet crazies and some of their conspiracy theories). This would not be an issue at all had they just given a sliver of information about her condition rather than going into lock down mode and submitting edited photos. It’s the void of info that allows the crazies to run wild. When you’re too ‘injured’ to work and then spotted out at the farm market you’re just opening it up to criticism.
Geee, where have we experienced this before?

Reactions: Psu00

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
We’re going with a tour group for our 25th anniversary so we’re kind of at the whim of the tour. We do have Good Friday in Dublin on our own. We have a tour of the Guinness Storehouse booked and will likely spend the rest of the day walking the city (and hoping to find a Good Friday service) and stumbling into things. We have Hop on-hop off bus tour vouchers so we’ll see where that takes us as well.
kilmainham gaol tickets are hard to get because all the tour companies snatch them up when they are made available. Heard it was great though. The Hop on Hop off bus is great but takes a long time to make it around with all the traffic. If you need to be somewhere at a certain time don't rely on the hop on hop off bus. Also, try to get on one where the bus driver narrates instead of the recording. Some of the drivers are absolutely hilarious. Have a great time!! Try not to spend too much time in the pubs(easy to do as the folks in them are usually very friendly and will strike up a conversation) and get out and experience the sites.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
kilmainham gaol tickets are hard to get because all the tour companies snatch them up when they are made available. Heard it was great though. The Hop on Hop off bus is great but takes a long time to make it around with all the traffic. If you need to be somewhere at a certain time don't rely on the hop on hop off bus. Also, try to get on one where the bus driver narrates instead of the recording. Some of the drivers are absolutely hilarious. Have a great time!! Try not to spend too much time in the pubs(easy to do as the folks in them are usually very friendly and will strike up a conversation) and get out and experience the sites.
Yeah, Kilmainham Jail is a great tour, it’s a sacred place to the Irish.

Mstan85

Nov 29, 2022
I was in Ireland for 5 month about 20 years ago. Kilmainham Goal was the top thing to do in Dublin. As for the bus tours. If your bus driver isn't great (and I mean great, not just good) hop off the bus and get on a different one.

If you travel around the area, New Grange and Glendalough are my top choices.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I was in Ireland for 5 month about 20 years ago. Kilmainham Goal was the top thing to do in Dublin. As for the bus tours. If your bus driver isn't great (and I mean great, not just good) hop off the bus and get on a different one.

Glendalough, freaking beautiful. About an hour from Dublin.

Reactions: TheBigUglies

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
I’m going to Dublin in a week and a half. Pretty excited to see the town.
I recommend jumping on a train and visiting town call Kilkenny, maybe 45 min train ride through countryside. Kilkenny is a really cool little Irish town. In fact the great thing about Ireland is you can jump on a train in Dublin, head west to Galway, take a wonderful bus tour up western coast including cliffs of Moher, then take train back to Dublin.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
My wife will not allow me to spend too much time in the pubs, but I’ll certainly spend some. We do love to walk a city so we’ll take in all the locations we visit on foot. Much different feel on the ground of a city than riding past it.
Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: TheBigUglies

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021

We’re on a 7-day tour. Neither if those sound likes stops we’re making.

Obliviax

Oct 12, 2021
Obli, you going to pay $10/mo. for the Politics board? I'm not, lost a lot of interest in that.
I've made "arrangements". I think the board is dead. Most of the left, left a year or so ago. The ones that stuck around were trolls that made ridiculous statements. I don't think they'll pony up. So it will end up being the right arguing with the right, which is boring.

I have been a member of the premium board which gets ou test board, now current events board, access.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

Reactions: Connorpozlee

Latest posts