Ticketgate: I have unbanned BearcatBully for the time being...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeDawg

Oct 6, 2010
Troll?? You're done with me F-uck you you F-ucking *******. Go die in a f-ucking fire, you piece of ****.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I don't give a dime to athletics so I haven't emailed him about hotdogs.

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
The best and only way to settle this is to meet up at the vet school

And duke it out. Let us all know when.

Sep 16, 2012
He should remain banned...

...it pisses me off when State fans act like football tickets are NASDAQ stock options, & the price of the ticket is subjected to prolonged negotiations. Nobody give a crap about the face value of your tickets. As far as a fellow MSU fan is concerned, you do one of two things: (1) You drastically reduce the price of the tickets as a favor to a fellow Bulldog fan, or (2) Just give away the damn tickets. He should remained banned for, if nothing else, being a greedy butthole. The old school MSU fans I grew up around always gave away MSU tickets if they couldn't use them. That unselfish system allowed me to attend many MSU games as a kid, which then caused me to become a MSU fan. I find it an insult to watch people haggle prices of MSU sports tickets.

SoCalDawg.sixpack

Aug 21, 2012
I actually just finished studying this in my Contracts class and he is right on the money. Additionally, the offeror (bearcat) has the right to rescind any offer prior to acceptance without prior notification to the offeree (civil). This is pretty basic stuff. You guys can feel free to judge the "morality" of what he did but when it comes down to it he had every right/ did nothing wrong. even if presented the way civil presented it - law still comes down on the side of bearcat. period.

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
Most folks don't haggle like that

The tickets that are available are from season ticketholders if they are in the lower section. They pay the ticket prices and bulldog club contributions that allow our athletic department to have a steady stream of revenue so that they can budget for coaches' salaries, scholarships, etc. For many season ticketholders, I would guess that it is not a tiny purchase to them. When I was not a season ticketholder (because of a gaggle of kids and their commitments), I don't recall bargaining when I needed tickets for the few games a year that I could go see. I asked how much and generally just paid the price because I was getting tickets from people that had made a commitment to our university by donating and buying season tickets. Your argument seems to boil down to being mad at people selling their tickets because they are gouging or are not generously just giving away their property. That is the point of the exchange - to bring buyers and sellers together. If buyers don't like offers, they can walk away. This buyer accepted an offer, changed his mind because he was inconvenienced to have to pick up the tickets and made a counter offer. There is no reason to ban the seller because I don't think he was dishonest in his dealings with the potential buyer.

Last edited:

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
^^THIS. SAVE THE TICKET EXCHANGE!!@!!1

I have used the ticket exchange here and on the lake several times over the last couple of years, and a few times this year. I have yet to run into a problem, and have always had pleasant dealings.

Maybe we need a moderator to monitor the ticket exchange more closely. I don't like when people post links to their tickets on ebay or stubhub on the exchange - it's an exchange, not a billboard. Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with asking more than face value on tickets - demand and donations should be considered. And as long as the asking price is reasonable, you'll probably have buyers lined up.

eta: Please consider my post with the weight it deserves, considering my July 2012 join date...**

Last edited:

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Maybe we should have an ebay type comments section for sellers and buyers.

A++++++++++ Great Seller.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Just curious. Why don't you give to MSU athletics? You've certainly got no obligation to but it does surprise me that you don't.

Dec 6, 2010
I say re-BAN him.

Scalping tickets on here is perfect reason to ban him.

I have no side in this, just came here and read the thread.

MSUDawg4Life

Aug 22, 2012
Another vote for no ban.

If it is okay for Civildawg to ask him to lower the price, then it's okay for the seller to reject that offer and sell to somebody else. What price he and the other party agree on is his business. Why is asking a seller to lower his price okay, but a seller selling his tickets to somebody willing to pay more not okay?

Also, if BMT was going to throw a hissy fit about his name being in it, then he should have stayed on the sidelines and not put his name in it. If you don't want to be in it, just shut up and stay out of the thread.

As far as I'm concerned, BearcatBully did nothing wrong and shouldn't have been banned in the first place.

Last edited:

AssEndDawg

Aug 1, 2007
Holy Crap! I go AWOL for a few days

and the board explodes into the most irrelevantly awesome finger pointing cluster<17> imaginable. I thoroughly enjoyed this thread! So much hypocrisy through the whole thing. The best part was when BMT lost it and decided to bypass the **** filter. Bravo lads!

Palmettodog

Aug 22, 2012
This made me laugh. I think the original thread is on Sixpack Remembers. DS was

amped up that night. I also think it funny that BearCat thinks his cred is based on how long he's been a member here. My opinion, pretty ****** thing to do on Bearcats part but I don't think a ban is in order. If he's that big of a douche he'll get banned sooner or later anyway.

Now, here's my board cred: Been a member since 2008, formally BR549. I hope Cowstanza chimes in on this at some point.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
A) being a person that has once tried to sell something only to be shafted at the last minute, I side with BearcatBully.
B) If in fact he was trying to negotiate down and the deal wasn't taken, the original price can also be augmented by BearcatBully. Considering if the deal had not been agreed upon. If it was, why counteroffer lower.
C) So he is the *******. Sounds like your friend was very inconsiderate. Regardless of his situation, the fact that he cancelled last minute actually doesn't make BearcatBully the *******. Now his PM to you does, but we have all been there.

BearcatBully

Mar 3, 2008
As long as everyone that BLT has involved is on here stating their cases, i'll refresh your memory. The pass was advertised as a prepaid pass and i asked EXACTLY what i paid for it. ($110-120 i think). WAIT,now that i look back over our messages i only asked $100 so maybe that wasnt a violation. Anyway you should have been able to read what it was and you told me you wanted it and accepted the price. This was on August 24. You got my address and said you would be mailing a check. I waited until August 31, all the while turning down several offers to buy, and when i had not received the check, i attempted to call you several times but you would not answer. I then left you a message by phone asking what was up. Immediately you sent a text back saying you got a Club Pass and did not want mine. Pay attention this was on AUGUST 31 and the opener was SEPTEMBER 1. Because of this i could not find a buyer on that short notice and lost that money when i discounted it the next week for a buyer to use for 6 home games. Those are the exact facts and if needed, i still have the phone call times and text messages. I think your name was Homer (HA) I did not mean you screwed me out of a pass. You cost me $30 and weren't even gonna call me to tell me you backed out the day before the game. I did contact BMF and tell him what his friend had done and he said (and i'm paraphrasing).....(that means a quote thats not an exact quote)... " that was pretty ****** of him, i'll straighten him out this weekend". Got that message too if ya wanta reminisce. Just wanted to be sure everyone had all the facts. HAIL STATE!

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
What is "club parking"? If you mean for the club level, they don't have special parking areas that I know of. If they do, I've been missing out for the past 10 years.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
But doesn't the law, in Mississippi, also say that you can't sell a ticket for more than the face value? And unless I'm mistaken, it says so right on the ticket itself. We have had this discussion before of course, where I opined that I couldn't see MSU officially endorsing an organization like StubHub when they were breaking the law by charging more than face value for tickets. Maybe I'm assuming some things that are not true, like the illegality of scalping, but I don't think so.

GTAdawg

Sep 11, 2010
This thread needs to be enshrined into SPS Remembers.

Quite entertaining....

And for the record, I don't think it warrants being banned. The whole thing sounds bush league.

cowboydawg

Dec 23, 2009
Used ticket exchange for the first time for the auburn game...

I've used the tix exchange twice. No prob. But I charge their credit card before I mail the tix!

I put 2 lower level west side tickets on there for $35 each and had plenty of people want them. One guy told me his son was dying to go so I sold them to him. Spoke to him on the phone and exchanged texts about where to meet and everything. Game day comes and he doesn't show, never would answer his phone or a text. Thought it was pretty lousy. There were plenty of people who would have loved good seats for $35. I don't believe this guy was a regular poster and probably only signed up to use the ticket exchange.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
"A greedy butthole"... Man that made me laugh

...it pisses me off when State fans act like football tickets are NASDAQ stock options, & the price of the ticket is subjected to prolonged negotiations. Nobody give a crap about the face value of your tickets. As far as a fellow MSU fan is concerned, you do one of two things: (1) You drastically reduce the price of the tickets as a favor to a fellow Bulldog fan, or (2) Just give away the damn tickets. He should remained banned for, if nothing else, being a greedy butthole. The old school MSU fans I grew up around always gave away MSU tickets if they couldn't use them. That unselfish system allowed me to attend many MSU games as a kid, which then caused me to become a MSU fan. I find it an insult to watch people haggle prices of MSU sports tickets.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
DS, give lawdawg moderator privileges on the ticket exchange. Problem solved! Gonna be a fun job I bet**

I have used the ticket exchange here and on the lake several times over the last couple of years, and a few times this year. I have yet to run into a problem, and have always had pleasant dealings.

Maybe we need a moderator to monitor the ticket exchange more closely. I don't like when people post links to their tickets on ebay or stubhub on the exchange - it's an exchange, not a billboard. Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with asking more than face value on tickets - demand and donations should be considered. And as long as the asking price is reasonable, you'll probably have buyers lined up.

eta: Please consider my post with the weight it deserves, considering my July 2012 join date...**

SoCalDawg.sixpack

Aug 21, 2012
True, but those are two different areas of law. Scalping laws are criminal offenses and the agreement between these two is civil and a matter of contracts. I'm with you on the whole StubHub hypocrisy/conundrum. As to the criminality of StubHub, I am assuming it is like Ebay. It is illegal to scalp tickets in MS but because Ebay/StubHub HQ is in a different jurisdiction, that is where the sale is considered to be executed and therefore not subject to MS law. That is just supposition and I could be completely wrong about that because I haven't/dont care to do the research. Just a off the top of my head answer.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Settle it at the Wise Center parking lot. Winner take all (tickets, board approval).

1 Cole Slaw Rasslin!
2 The face value of tickets is not what the original purchaser has invested in them, don't forget that little donation we make just for the privalege to buy season tickets!
3 Capitalism is what built this country, supply and demand and crap. Watch The Men Who Built America on the History Channel, It explains alot.
4 Inflatable swimming pool or just a big tarp? Pool may be hard to find this time of year.
5 No ban!!

Status
Not open for further replies.