USC & UCLA to B1G by 2024; conferences react; TV contracts thread

WVilleLion

Oct 13, 2021
I wonder why NC State changed their vote to yes. Also, poor WSU and OSU. I guess the will end up in the Mountain West.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
LOL ... Canzano is a Pac-12 guy. His comment is amusing, but not something a person that wants to be considered a serious journalist should tweet, IMHO

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Oregon State and Washington State really got screwed with regards to how all of this played out.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I hate to be "that guy," but isn't Louisville a couple hundred miles closer? The map in my head says yes. Rasslin' tweeter forget?
That guy is wrong. Yes, Louisville is the closest current ACC school at just under 2000 miles. Honolulu is 2400 miles from Palo Alto. Pittsburgh, Blacksburg, and Tallahassee are all around 2200 miles. Atlanta is 2100 miles.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I hate to be "that guy," but isn't Louisville a couple hundred miles closer? The map in my head says yes. Rasslin' tweeter forget?

That guy's distances are screwed up. Yes, Louisville is the closest current ACC school at just under 2000 miles. Honolulu is 2400 miles from Palo Alto. Pittsburgh, Blacksburg, and Tallahassee are all around 2200 miles. Atlanta is 2100 miles.

Yeah, the post is from a wrestling journalist. I was just having a laugh at it.

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
And it just might be the entity having to foist Maryland-Charlotte and Syracuse-Purdue onto its prime time schedule, rght?
NBC has the rights to Washington/MSU - arguable the best Big Ten game that weekend - and put it on Peacock. If they are unhappy with Syracuse/Purdue, it’s their own fault.

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Will smu get any TV revenue over those nine years? How will they fund the rest of their athletic department (and even their football program)?
SMU has been know to have deap pocketed boosters. "Pony excess". If the boosters felt their current conference was going to be worse than ACC then make the move.

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
Stanford - ND will be a non conference game played annually ,with Stanford playing an additional 8 ACC games. Go figure, another win - win for ND.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

What do the board legal beagles who are more beagley than I think?

Anon1693944714

Sep 5, 2023
I read a tweet, I don't know if it is accurate or not, that said that any Pac-12 member who has notified the board of their intent to leave no longer has a voting seat on the PAC 12 board. Oregon State and Washington State have sought to have that contract affirmed. It is speculated that they will unanimously vote, as the last two voting members, to pay themselves all of the remaining TV money until the leaving members are gone and are members of other conferences.

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021

Not so fast. Did those two schools really win here? There is that little $1 billion lawsuit out there for the Power 5 conferences gaining income from using the NIL of players. If you own a P5 conference you may have to pay a piece of that judgment if the colleges lose.

Last edited:

Obliviax

Oct 12, 2021
Not so fast. Did those two schools really win here? There is that little $100 billion lawsuit out there for the Power 5 conferences gaining income from using the NIL of players. If you own a P5 conference you may have to pay a piece of that judgment if the colleges lose.
First, as I understand it, the rules of the pac-12 are that any school announcing their intention to leave has lost its voting rights. As such, there are only two schools that haven't announced their intention to leave: OSU and WSU. As such, the two of them can vote to keep all of the TV money for any time where it hasn't already been paid out.

Second, to your point, that suit would only count against money that was gained before NIL was put into effect. I really don't think that suit has much merit.

Latest posts