USC & UCLA to B1G by 2024; conferences react; TV contracts thread

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Last edited by a moderator:

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
I just checked in with my FSU alum friend . His buddy is on the board . Said they hope to be in by 2025. Wouldn’t bet my hat or Bob’s tongs on it . Well maybe Bob’s tongs .

Reactions: BobPSU92

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
I really think the Big 18 is going to be more than enough.
IF somehow FSU can get out of the ACC contract, they seem to be a great fit to the SEC, not BIG. Also, the leagues all seem to want to have to have even numbers, so does BIG get 20 and who would 20 be?

Reactions: sklnwmax

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
IF somehow FSU can get out of the ACC contract, they seem to be a great fit to the SEC, not BIG. Also, the leagues all seem to want to have to have even numbers, so does BIG get 20 and who would 20 be?
If FSU can leave that ACC there will be more to follow.
Of this group who is most likely?
Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest.

I just crossed out the ones I don't think would make the cut. I could easily change that list. If it was my choice and I could only choose 1, it would be ND. Strictly for financial reasons and ND would have to be equal not on their own at all. #2 for me would be Clemson.

Reactions: Catch1lion

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
I don’t think Florida wants FSU in the SEC . If FSU figures a way out it won’t be hard to get another team .

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Chip Kelly looking smarter and smarter.

If a handful of people you know, with the most common sense of anyone you've ever met, could start "college football" from scratch, and given that billions in media money were available, and had to include NIL and xfers, it would look a lot more like the Chip Kelly version than the NCAA version.

If the ACC explodes ala the Pac12, then BC and Syracuse and SMU (and maybe Pitt?, but probably not) will be sweating it, just as Oregon State and Wash. State had to. Saving them would be to move to the Chip Kelly model, more than hoping they find a current conference to land in.... except maybe the new Pac12!

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021
“It’s not a matter of if we leave (the ACC), in my opinion,” trustee and former quarterback Drew Weatherford said at the time. “It’s a matter of how and when we leave. Not everyone may agree with that, but I feel really strongly about it.”

Reactions: BobPSU92

psuno1

Oct 16, 2021
Clemson, FSU, Miami FL, UNC, Duke and ND to the BIG10 in the next 4 years is my guess. Just don't bet on it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WVilleLion23

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Latest posts