USCe hires.....

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I thought this was a parody or photoshop.

Anyway, Steve Spurrier approves of this hire.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Where does South Carolina rank in terms of the attractiveness of the job?

This is a reminder that some folks on here think we could easily fire Lemonis and hire a coach who would produce better results.
  • 1x SEC West title
  • 2x CWS
  • 1x CWS title

Reactions: RockyDog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
SC is no longer a serious baseball program.
They just fired a coach who went to the postseason four times in six seasons, including two Super Regionals. They obviously expect trips to Omaha.

The only way I would interpret this as them not taking baseball seriously is if they didn't have to pay much to fire Kingston and are getting Mainieri at a discount. I don't know those details.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
They just fired a coach who went to the postseason four times in six seasons, including two Super Regionals. They obviously expect trips to Omaha.

The only way I would interpret this as them not taking baseball seriously is if they didn't have to pay much to fire Kingston and are getting Mainieri at a discount. I don't know those details.
The buyout for Kingston was 400k.

Reactions: pseudonym

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Neither are we.
Joke Drummer GIF by Travis

8dog

Feb 23, 2008

This is a reminder that some folks on here think we could easily fire Lemonis and hire a coach who would produce better results.
  • 1x SEC West title
  • 2x CWS
  • 1x CWS title
It’s not really about accomplishments. And they haven’t been to the CWS in over a decade anyway. We and other schools are more committed to winning. LSU fired a CWS winning coach and was fine because their resources are off the charts.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018

• 1x SEC West title
  • 2x CWS
  • 1x CWS title
Now do his results with his own recruits. Our previous coaches brought in some exceptional talent that were literally on the field coaches. All Lemonis had to do was stay out of the way and don’t screw it up. I will give him credit for that.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I’m too lazy to look it up but where was T Vitello before being the HC at UT?
They obviously hit on a great coach and a young guy who knew how to recruit.
Is our our A Cannizaro that wasn’t too much of a douchebag?!?!

May 20, 2023
Vitello was the asst. at Arkansas and was known to be the top recruiter in the country. Would have been nice if Cohen had gone after him instead of Cann. Vitello may not have been at the top of the radar at that time though.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
Word in Eastern NC is that USCe made a play for Cliff Godwin, he turned them down and the Cocks really didn’t have a plan B. That’s how they ended up with Mainieri.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
SC is no longer a serious baseball program.
Dawn Staley killed MSU WBB and USC Baseball.

And for the “neither are we” crowd - we easily took their pitching coach. South Carolina baseball is a lot closer to UGA than MSU. They’re just strained for resources.

Reactions: 8dog

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
This is such a strange hire to me. I don't understand how Ray Tanner is still the ad. If this is your hire, why not go get Landon Powell from North Greenville University.
Anyway, Ethan Petry feel free to take your talents to Vegas and the Dude.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Word in Eastern NC is that USCe made a play for Cliff Godwin, he turned them down and the Cocks really didn’t have a plan B. That’s how they ended up with Mainieri.
Godwin and ECU feast off sub par competition for the most part in regular season.
Good coach and may could do well at a P5 school but not sure after all of ECU’s struggles

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He'll win there and probably win a lot for a decade.

And nobody here making fun of the hire will show up with a thread calling themselves a dubmass.

But I might...

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
He'll win there and probably win a lot for a decade.

And nobody here making fun of the hire will show up with a thread calling themselves a dubmass.

But I might...
Yeah. This is a much better hire than people are giving it credit for being.