USWNT Thread

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
Brazil beats Japan on penalties for third.
USWNT vs Canada in 22 minutes on TBS.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
I always question what’s to be learned from another massive event held in the USA like the 2026 WC. Can I see problems being discovered in Mexico? Sure. Here? Unless it’s a ticketing software issue etc what other country is better suited than the US to host this type event?

Brazil? Really?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I always question what’s to be learned from another massive event held in the USA like the 2026 WC. Can I see problems being discovered in Mexico? Sure. Here? Unless it’s a ticketing software issue etc what other country is better suited than the US to host this type event?

Brazil? Really?

I don't disagree with your basic premise. But FIFA likes to 1) spread the event around to different regions, and 2) make $$$$

If you look at the previous locations of the FIFA Women's World Cup by region you find:

Asia - 3 times
North/Central America - 3 times
Europe - 3 times
Oceania - 1 time (New Zealand's joint staging with Australia in 2023)
Africa - 0 times
South America - 0 times

In that context, Africa and South America should be at the top of the list for consideration.

If you look at previous locations by country, the only places with multiple staging are:

USA - 2
China - 2

I would imagine that of the two bids still on the table, that the 3 European countries would have better facilities for teams and for spectators than would Brazil. But as indicated above, that's rarely the main consideration.

Reactions: Tgar

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
I don't disagree with your basic premise. But FIFA likes to 1) spread the event around to different regions, and 2) make $$$$

If you look at the previous locations of the FIFA Women's World Cup by region you find:

Asia - 3 times
North/Central America - 3 times
Europe - 3 times
Oceania - 1 time (New Zealand's joint staging with Australia in 2023)
Africa - 0 times
South America - 0 times

In that context, Africa and South America should be at the top of the list for consideration.

If you look at previous locations by country, the only places with multiple staging are:

USA - 2
China - 2

I would imagine that of the two bids still on the table, that the 3 European countries would have better facilities for teams and for spectators than would Brazil. But as indicated above, that's rarely the main consideration.
Thanks Tom. I figured it was along those lines as well as graft. I wish the US would promote itself more for competitions like this.

Latest posts