It took an atrocious coaching job to lose that game. We could have had a good coach go out and draw plays in the dirt on offense and won that game. Trying to run a west coast offense we didn't have the personnel for and weren't ready to execute even if we did cost us that game.TaleofTwoDogs said:Does 7- 9 to a 5 -6 Maine Black Bears team ring a bell?
studentdawg87 said:Our OL is going to get Russell killed, and they will be the reason we go 6-6 or 7-5. With a better OL, we win eight or nine games.
The odds that those 4 people are posting in this thread is very low.Coach34 said:...If you listened to my show.....
PokerDawg44 said:1. We finally have an elite talented QB that has been prepared right and is ready to compete at a high level. TR seems to really taken control of the offense and is now a true leader. MSU has lacked this for years. Having a true talented passer that is a true leader at the most important position could lead to an unprecedented season. You add a experienced and seasoned WR core plus a deep threat in Morrow, Russel will prob break all sorts of MSU passIng records.
While Russell does have some experience, he has not exactly been all-world. Like you, I hope that he is this season, but to proclaim it so at this point is a bit premature. Also, I get that everyone is high on Morrow, but lets pump the brakes on a guy that has never taken a game snap in college. If he was really the end all be all of WRs, he'd have played last year. Again, like you, I hope that he breaks every receiving record we have this year.
2. Even though our offensive line has some questionable spots, our interior Olinemen are really solid(Jackson, Day, and Smith) and will allow us to run the ball more efficiently between the tackles. This should improve our running game even though we lost our best rb and it will take pressure off TR. Plus some younger guys got PT and experience and we signed 2 solid Juco Olinemen. We'll be much improved
Smith is an injury machine, so I'm not sure any of us should expect him to play a full season. I hope he does as it would be good to see him finally stay healthy. Like you said, we lost our best RB. As talented as they guys we have behind him may be, they are still inexperienced. Solid Juco OL? I hope you are right, but you never know.
3. Our defense is gonna be Salty. Last yr we didn't have that elite pass rusher coming off the edge like we did in 2010 with Parnell, Denico Autre will provide this. We lose Fletcher but add the ultra talented Quay Evans that is prob the most game ready true freshman in the country. The LB core is not a weakness anymore and we have depth. Cam is a beast, Skinner has come along nicely, Wells is a true talent, and we got some promising young guys. Our secondary has been compared as MSUs best ever. Banks is enough said. Defense wins championships and we got a very very good defense.
Here we go again banking on a guy that has never taken an SEC snap to be all world. Hell, it even took Parnell a while to figure it out at this level. I hope he is amazing too, but I imagine it will take some time. I do think our Def will be solid though
4. Schedule, even though we're @Lsu and @ bama, all our big games are at home. Davis Wade will be rocking.
Call me over optimistic but predicting we go 6-6 Is being way more pessimistic .
Spanky said:The odds that those 4 people are posting in this thread is very low.Coach34 said:...If you listened to my show.....
shsdawg said:the OL proves it can block and protect a QB there is NO reason to expect we will be better on offense. Setting up unrealistic expectations and then proclaiming a coach a failure when he doesn't live up to them is SO old MSU and SO you. The OL may be WAY better, but they have to prove it on the field. If they DO, this could be a decent OR better year. If not then we we struggle to match last year.
shsdawg said:it depends on the OL. We go as the OL goes, that is my prediction. If you idiots actually know anything about football, and that is a lot to expect from a grade school basketball coach like 34,you SHOULD know thatis how most teams go. I agree that the line on paper looks to be better than last year. Football isn't played on paper. Till we see the OL on the field against SEC opposition we just don't know.
shsdawg said:the OL has proved it on the field already have they? That's good to know. I never said we were a 6-6 team, or better, or worse. I honestly don't know where we are. All I know is that if we are todo better than last year the OL has to be better. I'll wait to see where we are against Auburn before I get my hopes up, or let them down, for this year. Predictions of future draft picks are just that. You are SO old MSU that I sometimes wonder if your first name is Larry.
NewTweederEndzoneDance said:PokerDawg44 said:1. We finally have an elite talented QB that has been prepared right and is ready to compete at a high level. TR seems to really taken control of the offense and is now a true leader. MSU has lacked this for years. Having a true talented passer that is a true leader at the most important position could lead to an unprecedented season. You add a experienced and seasoned WR core plus a deep threat in Morrow, Russel will prob break all sorts of MSU passIng records.
While Russell does have some experience, he has not exactly been all-world. Like you, I hope that he is this season, but to proclaim it so at this point is a bit premature. Also, I get that everyone is high on Morrow, but lets pump the brakes on a guy that has never taken a game snap in college. If he was really the end all be all of WRs, he'd have played last year. Again, like you, I hope that he breaks every receiving record we have this year.
2. Even though our offensive line has some questionable spots, our interior Olinemen are really solid(Jackson, Day, and Smith) and will allow us to run the ball more efficiently between the tackles. This should improve our running game even though we lost our best rb and it will take pressure off TR. Plus some younger guys got PT and experience and we signed 2 solid Juco Olinemen. We'll be much improved
Smith is an injury machine, so I'm not sure any of us should expect him to play a full season. I hope he does as it would be good to see him finally stay healthy. Like you said, we lost our best RB. As talented as they guys we have behind him may be, they are still inexperienced. Solid Juco OL? I hope you are right, but you never know.
3. Our defense is gonna be Salty. Last yr we didn't have that elite pass rusher coming off the edge like we did in 2010 with Parnell, Denico Autre will provide this. We lose Fletcher but add the ultra talented Quay Evans that is prob the most game ready true freshman in the country. The LB core is not a weakness anymore and we have depth. Cam is a beast, Skinner has come along nicely, Wells is a true talent, and we got some promising young guys. Our secondary has been compared as MSUs best ever. Banks is enough said. Defense wins championships and we got a very very good defense.
Here we go again banking on a guy that has never taken an SEC snap to be all world. Hell, it even took Parnell a while to figure it out at this level. I hope he is amazing too, but I imagine it will take some time. I do think our Def will be solid though
4. Schedule, even though we're @Lsu and @ bama, all our big games are at home. Davis Wade will be rocking.
Call me over optimistic but predicting we go 6-6 Is being way more pessimistic .
I think we should end in the 7-5 to 8-4 range. Hope for better, but its hard to forget that at the end of the day, we are still Mississippi State. I like the direction we are heading but old habits die hard and its going to take more than 2 years of better football than we are used to to rid me of all bad years.
Maroon and White Football
Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
Maroon and White Football
"I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
Maroon and White Football
Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
Rivals Football Recruiting
Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
Maroon and White Football
Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou