Well, Lemon is off and running......

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
....picked up a DII LH grad pitcher who had about a 3.5 era in his league. Never won't to knock a kid, but this feels underwhelming. I could be wrong and hope I am, but I don't think this moves the pitching woes needle much by this addition. The pitcher said he has upped his velo a little bit, but his velo was never published in the article. That tells me upper 80's more than likely. Fingers crossed on this one.

On a upper note.......I noticed that incoming basketball high school signee Adrian Myers shot 44% from 3 pt. land last year. Now, I have no clue on what kind of defense/competition he faced, but in my book, if you can shoot 44% from 3-land with no one guarding you, then I'm happy. Especially since he's about 6'7". For an outside-shooting-starved team like us, this is a welcome sign. The article stated he's hanging with Cam Matthews and both get along real well. If Cam's defense and slashing style can rub off on Adrian, then we have us something for the next 4 years!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Thanks to all who served and died for us who live. I'll never forget you.

Last edited:
Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Lemonis told the AD his plan was to go get some D2 pitchers
My plan would have been to put some NIL in my billfold and go after some D1 hurlers. Hopefully he asked Zach to help him fund some good players out of the NIL kittie. Maybe he got a good one.....we can only hope.

Reactions: JoeSchmedlap

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
....picked up a DII LH grad pitcher who had about a 3.5 era in his league. Never won't to knock a kid, but this feels underwhelming. I could be wrong and hope I am, but I don't think this moves the pitching woes needle much by this addition. The pitcher said he has upped his velo a little bit, but his velo was never published in the article. That tells me upper 80's more than likely. Fingers crossed on this one.

On a upper note.......I noticed that incoming basketball high school signee Adrian Myers shot 44% from 3 pt. land last year. Now, I have no clue on what kind of defense/competition he faced, but in my book, if you can shoot 44% from 3-land with no one guarding you, then I'm happy. Especially since he's about 6'7". For an outside-shooting-starved team like us, this is a welcome sign. The article stated he's hanging with Cam Matthews and both get along real well. If Cam's defense and slashing style can rub off on Adrian, then we have us something for the next 4 years!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Thanks to all who served and died for us who live. I'll never forget you.
Hard to translate 3 pt % from HS a to college anymore. Just a huge difference in the distance unless you have watched them. Thats why I like Hubbard. Ive seen him and I’d bet the bulk of his attempts are college 3s.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
In a DII league?
Right. If he was someone worthy of an offer from us, he should be been lighting it up in DII. Like sub 2 era. This is underwhelming. But not unexpected. We will be right back here next year discussing the same issues. With the recruiting, though, this extra year he's being given is gonna set us back about 5 or 6 years.

DawginEthel

Jan 2, 2023
Maybe he's someone who knows how to pitch rather than a flame thrower.....plenty of people have been successful ....I dunno ...wait and see

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Ok, the kid is from my neck of the woods - Spartanburg, SC. Spartanburg Methodist is a small school, but it usually plays pretty good baseball. The kid's HS, Chesnee, is also in my neck of the woods. Small school, probably equivalent to 2a in Miss., but it also plays a pretty good brand of baseball. He may not be SEC quality, but has been said herein, it couldn't be much worse than the last two years.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm sure 6-5 230 lbs plays into it, but we'll be his third school and I've never heard of the first two.

The odds of him being any help are long.

This is not inspiring.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
This acquisition doesn’t move the needle.
Getting a Lefty is a plus, I guess, but this feels like Tyler Davis 2.0

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I’m going to look at it a different way. Something I never do. I’m going to be positive. A new pitching coaching will show us we didn’t have a talent issue. Look up Andrew Walling’s stats. He couldn’t make the travel roster for State but is dealing right now in the minors.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs