Well, Maybe Texas can get it for us.

ScWildthing61

Jan 23, 2022
Wouldn't bother me one bit to see Washington win it(been since 1991), not real crazy about Michigan, sick and tired of Alabama, Texas looks like they've finally gotten their act together, wouldn't bother me to see them win it this year either. But I don't believe in this "what's good for the conference" garbage! Kentucky winning national titles in basketball, Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Georgia winning national titles in football has done nothing for us, we're still in the same rut we've always been in(and digging ourselves deeper down into it at that).

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
The conference thing used to be about conference supremacy. There used to be an argument so I understood wanting the SEC to win titles. Anybody in their right mind, who has watched football the past 25 years, knows the SEC is far and away the best football conference and 2nd place isn’t close.

Opponent will argue it’s too heavy…which is the case annually for pretty much every conference. But it’s remarkable how many SEC schools have won National Titles since the BCS went in effect, and now the playoff. It’s just not even close.

It’s not worth even arguing about anymore, which is why every conference celebrates collectively when the SEC doesn’t win it. It’s like when everyone outside of New England pulled against the Patriots.

Problem now…there is really no sense of belonging to a conference. 16 teams feels more like 2 conferences. So many teams in them now it sucks. It’s going to be remarkable to see anyone win outside of the B10 or SEC for a long time.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
The conference thing used to be about conference supremacy. There used to be an argument so I understood wanting the SEC to win titles. Anybody in their right mind, who has watched football the past 25 years, knows the SEC is far and away the best football conference and 2nd place isn’t close.

Opponent will argue it’s too heavy…which is the case annually for pretty much every conference. But it’s remarkable how many SEC schools have won National Titles since the BCS went in effect, and now the playoff. It’s just not even close.

It’s not worth even arguing about anymore, which is why every conference celebrates collectively when the SEC doesn’t win it. It’s like when everyone outside of New England pulled against the Patriots.

Problem now…there is really no sense of belonging to a conference. 16 teams feels more like 2 conferences. So many teams in them now it sucks. It’s going to be remarkable to see anyone win outside of the B10 or SEC for a long time. But who knows how the 12 team playoff will go.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
On the other hand, The B1G now has two shots at the national championship. Agree with you about Michigan. I hate all things Big 10..
In college football, I am motivated by who/what I hate almost as much as by who/what I love. At this point, goal #1 is for somebody other than Michigan to win it all. Goal #2 is for Texas to win it instead of Washington. While not an official member of the Big 10 yet, the Huskies are already tainted by their future association.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Washington already imitating Michigan’s muffed punt strategy. Let’s see if it pays off.

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
Wouldn't bother me one bit to see Washington win it(been since 1991), not real crazy about Michigan, sick and tired of Alabama, Texas looks like they've finally gotten their act together, wouldn't bother me to see them win it this year either. But I don't believe in this "what's good for the conference" garbage! Kentucky winning national titles in basketball, Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Georgia winning national titles in football has done nothing for us, we're still in the same rut we've always been in(and digging ourselves deeper down into it at that).
The only thing it brings us is more money. How is that working out for us?

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Ain’t no us. TX winning this game does nothing but make things more difficult for us now. Go Huskies!!!

Yeah, this is over. I thought Wash should have been #1 going into the playoffs. Going to be a helluva NC game.

Reactions: Lurker123

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
Pennix is the real deal. Hope Sellars can by that guy for us, but need the WR’s to go with him. Still, if he can run the ball, we can still be dangerous.

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
Pulling for Washington. Nothing left but that now. Dismal.

Was rooting for Bama vs Michigan, but oh well, and was rooting for Washington vs Texas, now I will be rooting for Washington as well.

Alabama vs Michigan was a good game, but the Alabama OLine was not up to the task, seemed all to familiar, LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingWard

Latest posts