Went with a buddy to the UGA-UF baseball game last night.....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Jam packed on a Thursday night which I found surprising.

But I overheard a conversation amongst some UGA fans about football tickets. They were opining about scoring returned tickets from visitors allocations and they were very confident that Ms State would be returning a good many. One said and I quote, "I can't imagine that many people coming here from Starkville". They were not making fun or anything but I would think that tickets to the UGA game would be snapped up.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I think one issue is road tickets are so expensive thru the school you may as well just watch the secondary market.

Yes this is true. I called the ticket office and MSU/utex tickets are $150 face value, because they told me utex sets the prices.
I only have to travel about 20 minutes to the stadium, but this is a lot for a family of 4 with a lot of unknowns about the team.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Road seats are usually terrible unless you’ve got a really high bulldog club ranking so I’ve always bought off the secondary market. Have been pretty fortunate on trips to Athens and a few to Tuscaloosa and sat next to friendly folks. Had to deal with a bunch of barking UGA morons at the concession stand.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I think one issue is road tickets are so expensive thru the school you may as well just watch the secondary market.
This!

I will never buy road game tickets from the school again. The tickets are too expensive for far worse seats than I can get on the secondary market. I refuse to go to any game and sit in a garbage seat. It does not bother me to sit amongst the home teams fans.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Road seats are usually terrible unless you’ve got a really high bulldog club ranking so I’ve always bought off the secondary market. Have been pretty fortunate on trips to Athens and a few to Tuscaloosa and sat next to friendly folks. Had to deal with a bunch of barking UGA morons at the concession stand.

we are top 500 bulldog club members and we got shoved in the upper deck in Knoxville a couple years ago. And still had to pay through our noses. I actually ended up getting additional tickets from a UT fan while I was in the stadium and moved down.

Sidenote, that is my least favorite upper deck in all of sports

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
Jam packed on a Thursday night which I found surprising.

But I overheard a conversation amongst some UGA fans about football tickets. They were opining about scoring returned tickets from visitors allocations and they were very confident that Ms State would be returning a good many. One said and I quote, "I can't imagine that many people coming here from Starkville". They were not making fun or anything but I would think that tickets to the UGA game would be snapped up.
Hope you enjoyed it. I try to get up to Athens once a year for a series - especially when we play there. They have a solid following when they are winning - but maxed out they only get about 3000 at games. I've already got seats via my uga friends for our game this fall.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
we are top 500 bulldog club members and we got shoved in the upper deck in Knoxville a couple years ago. And still had to pay through our noses. I actually ended up getting additional tickets from a UT fan while I was in the stadium and moved down.

Sidenote, that is my least favorite upper deck in all of sports
Neyland is the worst stadium Ive ever been too and I’ve been to many

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
When I went to UGA for the game Mullen gave Dylan Farve more touches than Vick Ballard, the visitor seats were right beside the student section. There were a lot of positives with that location.

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
I live in North ATL and my son went to UGA so I'll chime in. Athens = best college town in America. Sanford Stadium = meh. The gameday experience is not ergonomic if you don't know what you are doing. Expect parking to suck and to walk at least a mile. It always seems like you are walking uphill. Tailgates are sporadic and in spots, not like others. Through our four years, we evolved into tailgating and then going into town to watch the second half from a bar. I say all that to say this. Do not be afraid to buy cheap tix then leave at half if we are down by 20 points. You will enjoy Athens experience a lot more than the actual Sanford experience.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz