What did y'all think about the Davis Wade survey?....

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I filled it out. I’m probably a demographic they are interested in, only attend once per year, have funds to get season tickets or attend more often but don’t for many of the reasons commonly cited on here. I marked that chairbacks would probably change that.

I liked that they polled if we would be interested in varying commitments, ranging from 3 to 7 years. My main complaint with baseball has been that they severely underestimated the season ticket demand by only selling 10 year commitments, and then built exactly to that. I hope football improves on that.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
My main takeaway: If you want to come watch State go 6-6 in the future, it's gonna cost you out the ***
Yeah, seem to be wanting to add premium seating. I kept answering possibly interested, and then I'd see the price --- definitely would not purchase, lol. And I really don't care about having a ton of food choices or better restrooms.

I wouldn't mind splurging for one game each season, but give me seatbacks in the general lower section and I'll be happy.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
I like that they're looking at all sorts of options. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in any of the price points they suggested. I might be in a few years when my kids are gone and it's just me and the little lady, but they're already in danger of pricing me out today.
I did get the impression the survey was more about premium seating than upgrades in general, but that might have been driven by how I chose to answer. I also wish it had been more clear at the beginning about whether they were asking about my seats or the stadium in general.

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
Yeah, seem to be wanting to add premium seating. I kept answering possibly interested, and then I'd see the price --- definitely would not purchase, lol. And I really don't care about having a ton of food choices or better restrooms.

I wouldn't mind splurging for one game each season, but give me seatbacks in the general lower section and I'll be happy.
Close to the same. I just want chairbacks and shade. Bonus points if the restrooms and concessions are close, and if you can get me working cell coverage. i.e. The current 200s are near-perfect.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I like that they're looking at all sorts of options. Unfortunately, I'm not interested in any of the price points they suggested. I might be in a few years when my kids are gone and it's just me and the little lady, but they're already in danger of pricing me out today.
I did get the impression the survey was more about premium seating than upgrades in general, but that might have been driven by how I chose to answer. I also wish it had been more clear at the beginning about whether they were asking about my seats or the stadium in general.
I agree with you here but I do wonder - if they price out fans like you today, how confident are we that they will come back "one day"? Seems like more and more people will just move on to spending these dollars on whatever else.

I do like that they are trying to do explore all avenues, even if that means pricing out more potential fan attendance.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
Selmon should just read the Pack.

Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

00Dawg

Nov 10, 2009
I agree with you here but I do wonder - if they price out fans like you today, how confident are we that they will come back "one day"? Seems like more and more people will just move on to spending these dollars on whatever else.

I do like that they are trying to do explore all avenues, even if that means pricing out more potential fan attendance.
I doubt I would. I suspect my option would become attending 1-2 games per year instead of 6-7, and buying premium ad hoc. i.e. The university would get only minimal concessions income from me, while someone else pocketed the money I did spend on State football.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018

They did throw in a couple of general admission questions. Which, on the surface sounds ok, but thinking back to the goat rope that was GA basketball seating as far as getting people into the Hump, I can only imagine the complete cluster it would be for a football game.

kired

Aug 22, 2008

Reading between the lines - I think they are exploring avenues to keep bdc donations coming in. As it's been said here, makes sense for people to shift their donations to NIL and just give the minimum to bdc. But we still need those funds coming in. I'd guess the best way is to increase premium seating options / increase the number of premium donations.

4 seats in my current location with the rental seats is ~$2500 total with total $600 bdc donation. If they can convince me to spend $8000 on premium seats, they've just increased my bdc donation by a factor of 10, from $600 to $6000 per year.

I don't think they are looking to price me out. Sounds like if I want to keep what I've got, it will still be available. They are just looking to see how much interest there is for the premium options. What's going to be the best return on investment.

Reactions: dorndawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
That survey was too damn long!

First thing that needs talking (and an easy, but costly, kill), greatly enhanced wifi/cell service in the stadium/junction.

Second thing, do away with those worthless temporary chair backs, whoever signed off on those needs o be fired yesterday.

Third, do something with the south endzone. Something like the scoreboard club, but on a smaller and less expensive scale.

Then get into ripping lower bowl bleacher seats and replacing with chair backs.

I don't really care much about the sound system and lighting, but if others do, then address it. More TVs showing different games needs to be prevalent all over the stadium. Sports gambling is becoming more and more popular so being able o track multiple games is important to many. If MS legalizes online gambling, then the cell service/wifi and multiple TVs will become ever more of a necessity. The TVs you can view from the chair backs on the West side are just a feed from our game, WTF, i don't need to have that game on TV, it's being played right in front of me.

Reactions: Turfdoc992

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
That sums up our tailgate mostly, except we do watch it on satellite. Most of our regular tailgaters no longer buy the seats, just come hang out, cook, drink, and socialize.
I’m a most game tailgater. Once ever 2 year attender. From 80 to 2010s I used to attend every home game.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
An exciting on-field product will do wonders for our program and get butts back in seats. I think people undersell how miserable our football team has been to watch the last 6 seasons.
Can't have this attitude if you want to make up any ground between us and the big boys. We have to go above and beyond, and show up even when we don't want to.

But again, our fans don't realize this, so we do what everybody else does. Except with less.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Can't have this attitude if you want to make up any ground between us and the big boys. We have to go above and beyond, and show up even when we don't want to.

But again, our fans don't realize this, so we do what everybody else does. Except with less.
There’s a solid portion of the fanbase that attends games regularly. But since COVID, a segment of the fanbase has not shown back up and has blamed numerous reasons for why (tv, money, etc.). Some of those reasons may be valid, but a good, exciting team would get some fans back who look for excuses not to show up to games.

We need an exciting offense more than ever. Winning should always be #1 priority. But scoring and excitement is a very close #2 currently. It feels similar to where our program was in 2009 when Mullen was hired. We’re at a crossroads.

Reactions: Bulldog45

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
An exciting on-field product will do wonders for our program and get butts back in seats.

This is really the issue.

Alabama, basically the same demographic within 60 miles of their campus, you can not even buy season tickets. If you want on the waiting list, it's a $25 fee.

Go west, MSU can't sell their cheapest inventory. I hate it because I've been there through thick and thin but...to get 2014 crowds you need 2014 results.

Reactions: dgsmith15

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is really the issue.

Alabama, basically the same demographic within 60 miles of their campus, you can not even buy season tickets. If you want on the waiting list, it's a $25 fee.

Go west, MSU can't sell their cheapest inventory. I hate it because I've been there through thick and thin but...to get 2014 crowds you need 2014 results.
But they have a 100K seat stadium. Ours is 61K. And we're not even talking about packing it out - I'm talking about it not being flat embarrassing on the bottom level.

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
Yall just mad because none of the options included tearing down Dorman Hall. **
Actually they are renovating Dorman so it will last a few more decades. But the renovation does include some restrooms that will service the Junction - Maybe put Junction John and Jane out to pasture or allow them to be relocated. Process will take two to three years. Everyone will be out of Dorman starting in May. I think they will die the brick more maroon and put a roof facade up. All he air handling equipment is being removed from the roof.

Reactions: Mjoelner
Aug 22, 2012
That survey was nothing more than trying to define how much people are willing to spend on premium seating, and how many are willing to spend it. Nothing more, nothing less. I think the “premium” bubble will burst eventually. I just think there are a finite amount of people willing to drop that much on football tickets. Nothing wrong with it but I think Joe in section 2 is about to get priced or pushed out during all of this.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I didn’t get the survey.. or if I did I auto deleted just like the other 7 emails I get from MSU every day.

If there is a question in there about putting chair backs in the stadium.. well, that’s the only way you’re getting me back on even a semi regular basis.

I’m way too old to sit on metal bleachers and I’m not committing to season tickets to sign up for one of those padded seats.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
I didn’t get the survey.. or if I did I auto deleted just like the other 7 emails I get from MSU every day.

If there is a question in there about putting chair backs in the stadium.. well, that’s the only way you’re getting me back on even a semi regular basis.

I’m way too old to sit on metal bleachers and I’m not committing to season tickets to sign up for one of those padded seats.
I remember seeing one question that looked like chairbacks between the 30's on the lower west side. I'm in the Scoreboard Club and plan to stay there until the interest in the sport does me in. That may be after this year or 20 years from now so I really couldn't provide any insight as to future seating options or concession prices. I did ***** about the wi-fi though. Everybody probably did.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
An exciting on-field product will do wonders for our program and get butts back in seats. I think people undersell how miserable our football team has been to watch the last 6 seasons.
Yea that 9-4 season was just painful to watch, it made people cry.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I did mine. Typical, "if we did this, are you willing to pay for it?" stuff.

Not a mention really of stuff we need to do outside of premium seating options. That should be the priority but of course everyone would rather focus on how we can make a buck or two more. And I'm not opposed to paying it if it's worth it. But if we can't build a consistently good product on the field, none of this is going to matter.