What made you come to SixPackSpeak.com?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Bulldog Backer said:
. I liked the laughs, liked the information from students, and liked the lack of censorship.
Speaking of lack of censorship, calling a basketball player 'Tranny' wouldnt ever fly at the Lake. Even you'd be banned!

fatelvis44

Dec 22, 2007
Since 03, got fed up with the roy and Oregon love fest over at Genespage. Mainly a lurker but read it everyday and laugh at something without fail!! What I love about SPS is that it is the place to be if you need the scoop on what is going on with MSU sports!! Oh yeah...IT"S FREE!!! But I did donate a few bucks a couple of years ago.

olddawgfan

Nov 20, 2007
If I hadn't shown up that night you bitches would have gotten beat by a bunch of pansy guys with pink jerseys on. The group definitely underestimated my softball skills at the plate. Don't you remember me yelling "yo mama" at the pitcher everytime I slapped that pitch back up the middle. Too bad I don't drink beer because I would have been as drunk as the rest of you morons.

was21

May 29, 2007
and got booted for it.....said: "Damn her for convincing him to take the job." ...and posted it after the loss to Maine, I think.

msu21

Dec 3, 2008
these honorable men continue to lead the way in MSU Sports and I just do my best to follow.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I stated lurking here because of someone's recommendation on BDB. This board had more info coming out about the 2003 coaching search than what I was paying for over there.

One night after heavy drinking at Buffalo Wild Wings while watching Roberts, Frasier, Vincent and pals kick *** I apparently signed up and started posting. The next afternoon when I woke up I had an account and apparently made posts the night before. I'm assuming after 5 years this is my account since I don't exactly remember much of the night after the game, and no one has said anything to me.

flemdawg1

Jul 12, 2004
I got tired of GP being a AD mouthpeice and came here for more open discussion of MSU sports.

Jun 4, 2007
I was posting on Gene's page and getting tired of it, but I do recall one jsireland character on there who mixed things up. Lo and behold, we worked in the same building. Because of this, Gene banned us both thinking we were both jsireland because we had similar IP addresses. Gene called me at work saying such and reffered to him as a "pain in the ***" (twice) and reinstated me. Then, jsireland told me about the Pack and the rest is...mostly depressing.

Oxford Godfrey

May 29, 2007
That even your enemy is your friend. It's proof that even the reviled man standing against you is also your buddy in some other circumstances (like the Braves, Jerious Norwood or the celebration of the female rear).

KingBarkus

May 1, 2006
I had stepped on some toes over on the Bomb board and swerved into this list. I stopped drinking the Koolaid, growing my wool out, and
needed somewhere to go for frank discussions. This board reminds me of the ole Dawgnews listserve of the mid-90's.

wbc40

Feb 25, 2008
In high school my dad had a Gene's Page premium account, and I enjoyed the recruiting information and it was all I really knew as far as MSU sports on the internet. My freshman year of college (which coincided with year 1 of the Croom era), I needed a place to vent with other Bulldog fans about our ****** football team and wasn't finding it on GP. I think I finally wandered over here in the winter of '06 and have called it home ever since.

RT23

Mar 7, 2009
I started reading when Croom was let go. I wanted to see if anyone had any good inside info. I graduated from State and my wife and all of my in-laws are State grads. I personally am a State fan second to Alabama (grew up there, but went to school at State for a specific degree). I do like MSU basketball since I didnt follow CBB until I got to Starkville. I found this site quite entertaining to say the least over this past basketball season. I do not post much (this may be my second post ever actually), but I do enjoy reading the arguments that get started.

MaroonInNashville

Jan 15, 2008
I started reading Swan Lake just before the '03 football season in order to keep up with what was going on. Toward the end of that season I was completely fed up with all the sunshine pumping. Whilst reading along, someone posted a negative but honest comment, immediately followed by someone telling him he should go post on the SixPack and calling for Jean to ban him. So I Googled "Six Pack" and "Mississippi State" and I've been here ever since. I rarely post anymore, but I'm here at some point almost every day...

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Think I first got the link from MS State Sports Blog.... or somewhere like that. Read here for a couple of years and finally signed up last summer or fall. Just wanted somewhere you could post and not worry about being kicked off for a week or whatever. Plus, this is without a doubt the best MS State message board around so it's hard to resist not getting involved.</p>

HamilReb

Mar 3, 2008
Didnt read message boards back then. My brother told me about it and I checked it out.

I thought it was hilarious and have been hooked every since. I pretty much read SPS and NAFOOM everyday.

Thanks for the entertainment guys.

Aug 5, 2008
My cousin told me about it around the fall of 2006, I think. I didn't really listen to him for a few weeks but then my dad asked me if I knew where he could find the Burke Masters Grand Slam (some FSU fan he met on a business trip had never heard about it). Since that was basically the day I became a MSU fan, I was kinda curious myself. So I googled it and SPS appeared. I checked it out and found a great combination humor and information. Mostly just lurk, but now that I have a real job that blocks SPS I can barely even do that anymore.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
and I probably kept comming back, because of ARCE of the DAY.

But generally you can pick up good information (I did say generally) about a lot of stuff on 6P.

Why I ever posted... don't really know,... think it was because I knew the answer to something that was being asked.

Sep 8, 2004
DS, you know why I came....you need someone that can smack talk like no other and so you came to the best smack talker there ever is, there ever was, and there ever will be.

shooter94

Mar 3, 2008
I'm the only poster here who has never looked at the Swan's site. Never felt the need since you get the goods from the pack.

ArrowDawg

Oct 10, 2006
.....into posting full-time on the SixPack. Not that I had anything against this board back then, but an incident occurred that pushed me over the edge. That, plus the population on his pages had become full of pretty much nothing but a bunch of whiney-***, mediocrity accepting losers, a.k.a. the old guard MSU mentality that I've despised throughout most of my adult life. Unfortunately some of that has spilled over onto the SixPack recently. I hope some of the idiots hanging out here these days eventually wise up. The majority on this board still "get it," but the numbers have shrunk.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
"kids" are going to be fine, that the latest blowout was just a minor set back and various players are going to be super studs just give them some time because they are young, I couldn't take it any more and decided to see what IT was all about. That was back in late 2003 and haven't left the SPS since. I do look occasionally at Geno's site for recruiting news but haven't been back to the boards in years. Don't miss it.

NutherT

Oct 14, 2007
Back in the summer of 2001 when the wool was thick, JackAtShelter sent me a link to sixpackspeak.com. He said, "I know things look rosey now, but you'll need this soon enough." The link was dead until a few years later, and I didn't know what the hell he was talking about, but I must say, JackAtShelter was right.

Coach33.sixpack

Dec 6, 2008
Got sick of seeing this.

Floyd McHenry
Ocala

I got banned from his page for questioning why Floyd McHenry was such an idiot to post his real name all over a message board. (sort of like thatlonghairedguy)
At first I got sick of this page because I thought it was way too negative. Then I realized it was just real people speaking real truth.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
I came here because I don't pay money for sports scoop.

A few years later, I'm a paying BDJ member - the only website of any kind that I've ever paid a subscription for.

Why am I still here? I hopes that one day, Mike Henig will finally get a fair chance.

Aug 20, 2006
[b said:
jmbeck[/b]].... I'm still a member at Gene's page, but only for the recruiting news.
Might I suggest you try a BullDogJunction.com membership. You may be surprised at the quality of recruiting info on there.

jmbeck

Sep 7, 2005
I'm waiting to see if ESPN actually throws the cash they should at this. I didn't spend much time on the other schools sites, and I wasn't sure that every SEC school had one. I usually keep up with a few kids that aren't on MSU's radar (friend of a friend, lil' bro of a friend, local kid) and I like being able to follow them on Scout. I'm not sure that the ESPN network will allow for that. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.