What was the altercation with the UTenn pitcher about last night

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
In the middle of a mound visit Tn second baseman got to jawing with DJ who was up to bat. Vitello got to jawing with someone and Gautreau charged the field. That's the best explanation we could come up with.

Oct 31, 2014
In the middle of a mound visit Tn second baseman got to jawing with DJ who was up to bat. Vitello got to jawing with someone and Gautreau charged the field. That's the best explanation we could come up with.
A bunch of stuff that in the Georgia game a couple of weeks ago would have resulted in Birmingham handing out capital punishment sentences.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I kept thinking last night... if only we had a scientific explanation for individuals on a team that has put up astronomical power numbers for 3 years now and goes into a blind rage at the drop of a hat

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Angry Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reactions: hdogg and skydawg1

Dawg Hammer 87

May 6, 2024
tenn. catcher indicated we were number one but used the wrong finger flashing at our dugout! Gautreau thought they were talking about his hitting instructions and came out ready to fight! Not what happened about Gautreau, but they did flip our dugout off!

We Men

Oct 24, 2018
While we’re at it, most of you don’t remember this, but during the Emery Ballard years while at a game at Tenn. their linemen were spitting on our linemen out in the trenches. I’ve never respected Tenn since. I don’t think they have ever changed.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz
May 20, 2023
During the post game presser with Vitello, he said that we (MSU) would not be happy with something he said or did during the mound visit, but he hoped it would help both teams going into postseason. You can see cheese double take like something was said toward him and soon after, Goat is storming the field and Little starts raging like a lunatic.

I took his explanation to mean that he said something to us to get **** started and get his guys fired up. I thought it was odd that he said he hoped it helped both teams though. Maybe his attempt at an olive branch.

I could be wrong, but I think that our dugout is pretty chirpy. Everyone knows what Tenn is about so it’s not surprising when something goes down. I’m hoping that someone with ring side seats that could hear what was happening comes along and sheds light.

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Moore was telling Jordan, "l will 17 you up, YOU WANT ME TO 17 YOU UP?!?!"

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Moore was telling Jordan, "l will 17 you up, YOU WANT ME TO 17 YOU UP?!?!"
I can’t imagine anyone was talking **** to DJ, he seemed chill and was trying to calm everyone down. May have been saying it to someone in his direction but surely it wasn’t meant for him.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Remember when we just won the 2021 CWS Championship. Not long after, Vitello was telling his team and some media that........"THAT" (MSU winning it all) should have been them (UT). He said we, (UT) were the best team in Omaha that year and us not winning it all was a travesty. He went on to say UT was way more talented than MSU and sort of implied that we backed into it and didn't deserve it. From that day forward, I knew he was a major prick and had no desire to have him set foot on Dudy Noble Field as our HC

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
TN is WAY bette than State in 2024. We have fallen behind BIG TIME from the top of the SEC.

LEMON ain’t the answer. With TX & OK next year… it will be worse.

Don’t fool yourself into thinking we are back… Because we aren’t.

Other than 3 batters… we got nothing… and the bench is bare.

Prepare yourselves for ugliness next year.

Fire his fat *** after the season and start the rebuild NOW.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
TN is WAY bette than State in 2024. We have fallen behind BIG TIME from the top of the SEC.
Maybe some years in 70s-mid 90s State has out talented other SEC schools. However we have always had to recruit very hard to get good players here. Even in baseball.

The only thing that has changed is TN and every other sec school now care. TN is spending a ton cash, across all sports and it is showing. That is why we can't beat them in baseball or other sports. It has more to do with their recruiting funds V our funds and what State and UT have to offer as a whole.

Is Lemonis perfect? No. But.... he is winning at the same pace as everyone before him for the last 43 years.

oh next year..... well when that gets here it will be addressed. There is the transfer portal now and blatant pay for play. Lemonis can hit the portal and State boosters can get off their wallet.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
It was all about this...

View attachment 580701
I live in East Tennessee and was talking to some Vol fans this morning at church. They said the NCAA would make UT's regional difficult for the Vols because the NCAA does not like Vitello. I clarified for them that it's not just the NCAA--NO ONE outside of the Vol fanbase likes Vitello!