Where is Loftin?

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I’ve posted on social media asking several over the last few weeks about him and Havnt gotten an answer anywhere. Does anyone know what’s going on with him? Remember he was a very promising prospect and showed some good flashes in his first season and has just been MIA.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Excellent question. Reminds me of the old days when all our guys would develop until their 3rd year.

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
I’ve posted on social media asking several over the last few weeks about him and Havnt gotten an answer anywhere. Does anyone know what’s going on with him? Remember he was a very promising prospect and showed some good flashes in his first season and has just been MIA.
I know him and his family. Elbow trouble.

Reactions: Beretta.sixpack

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
We supposedly have a "pitching science" area of our facilities to work with pitchers and their mechanics. We might want to blow that area up and go back to the old ways.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That's just marketing for recruiting purposes
Reminds me of Titleist Performance Institute. I used to watch all those golf shows 10-12 years ago when it first came out, thinking it was all some cool new science. Turns out the guy who runs it, basically said he was hired by the owner of Titleist because, "I think you can help me sell more golf balls".

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Raise your hand if you’d believe it if I told you that, with 2 weeks to play, we’d be 14-10 in SEC play and #2 in the SEC in conference-only ERA with pretty much no contribution at all from Dohm, Loftin, Simmons, and very minimal contribution from Pico Kohn. That’s 4 of our top 6 arm talents.

Holy shít at the job that Parker has done with this staff.

Last edited:

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Raise your hand if you’d believe it if I told you that, with 2 weeks to play, we’d be 14-10 in SEC play and #2 in the SEC in conference-only ERA with pretty much no contribution at all from Dohm, Loftin, Simmons, and very minimal contribution from Pico Kohn. That’s 4 of our top 6 arm talents.

Holy shít at the job that Parker has done with this staff.

Is Loftin looking at or has he had surgery yet?

Did Simmons have a second surgery?

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Is Loftin looking at or has he had surgery yet?

Did Simmons have a second surgery?
Simmons has had a second surgery and is likely done playing. I’d be surprised to see him pitch again for us. I don’t know anything about Loftin but he’s basically given us no meaningful innings in 2 years of him being here due to injuries

patdog

May 28, 2007
Hopefully he gets surgery or whatever he needs to get it fixed so he can come back healthy and 100% next year.
It's probably already too late to come back 100% next year if he needs surgery. I don't understand why guys keep putting it off if that's what they need. I understand nobody wants to have surgery. But if you need it, it's not going to get better without it.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Simmons has had a second surgery and is likely done playing. I’d be surprised to see him pitch again for us. I don’t know anything about Loftin but he’s basically given us no meaningful innings in 2 years of him being here due to injuries
Another TJ or was it something else this time? Either way, that sucks. I always thought Stone was going to turn into a Friday night guy.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Another TJ or was it something else this time? Either way, that sucks. I always thought Stone was going to turn into a Friday night guy.
I believe I heard the guys talk about it a month or so ago on T&L and said that it was another Tommy John if I remember correctly