Who do we pitch on Wednesday?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
How much pitching should we burn in this game knowing that taking 2/3 from the gumps may be more important than beating OM?

Ole Miss is in the same situation as us, they need this game as badly as we do (their RPI is 28 and we're 29), I'm assuming Bianco (if he's planing to retire after the season) wants to go out in a regional.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Ole Miss is in the same situation as us, they need this game as badly as we do (their RPI is 28 and we're 29), I'm assuming Bianco (if he's planing to retire after the season) wants to go out in a regional.
There's some crazy stat: no SEC team has made the NCAA tournament with more than 17 SEC losses, and every 13-17 SEC team that made the NCAA tournament had a midweek win against a conference opponent.

That would mean Ole Miss is trying to get to 13-17 AND beat us Wednesday to have a chance.

I could have the stat wrong.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
We will try to get as many outs as possible from some combination of Siary, Kohn, Holcome, Ligon, Stevens, Dotson, Clark, & Forsythe while willing to use Schuelke, Hardin & Davis if necessary. Scheulke can go almost every day & Davis/Hardin can throw 15ish pitches each. Everybody on the staff will be available except Stephen, Jurrangelo, & maybe Auger.

This game is important in the RPI because it is a neutral site game against a top 30 RPI.

This game being on Wednesday instead of Tuesday does not set up well for either pitching staff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17itdawg and eckie1

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
I saw we pitch Holcomb and Stevens. Throw down the challenge to our batting order

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
My guess is Kohn to start the 1-2 innings max for several others not expected or thought to be needed this weekend