With this loss, we do not deserve to host

Oct 13, 2012
Shat the bed.will lose in regional play anyway. Out pitching isn't built to wing 3 or 5. Lemonis shat the bed recruiting pitching for 3-4 years straight. He also mad head scratching changes today in a game they needed to win
yall can laugh at me all you want i’m still done with the fat ***. any meaningful game you can count him out. he can’t coach

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Parker turned around our pitching. Let’s be honest here.

We still can’t run bases, make mental errors and can’t get a lineup. Next year is going to be brutal. We need the home runs out of the portal

Our pitching was definitely better. The problem was our hitting. We will not play deep in the tournament because our hitting is very inconsistent.

I have been a Mississippi State fan long enough to know that if hosting is between us and three other NCAA schools, we will come in last with the committee.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I have been a Mississippi State fan long enough to know that if hosting is between us and three other NCAA schools, we will come in last with the committee.
This actually isn’t true. We’ve gotten the benefit of the doubt a good bit in baseball. Winning and reputation seems to sway opinions. Way of the world, that’s why Alabama gets football calls.

I like you Ibleed, but that’s the lil ole moo coming out. In football, I totally agree, we routinely get 17ed.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Again. No, I am livid. The new Dude was not built to be empty in June. But, hey! Be glad that we are better than the run ruled team from last year.
You hate it that we are ranked and turned it around this year. You wanted us to lose as much as possible. Every post you make oozes that man. We can all see it, even if you can't.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Lemon head won it with Cohen and Cann’s players. We are now living with Lemonhead’s players and it is underwhelming.
We’re only one year into having an elite pitching coach. I’ll never understand what happened with Foxhall, but it’s obvious his best days are WAY behind him.

The turnaround this season has been mind blowing. We have had dumb coaching decisions week to week, but we’re still in a position to host. I think we’ve done just enough to blow a host spot, but who knows.

Everybody on this team is a Lem player. Yes, he inherited elite talent, but he went as far as you can go with it. Cohen had a 0% chance of not meddling his way out blowing it. Cann had a 0% chance of keeping it in his pants. That matters.

You can’t understate how amazing this turnaround has been, even with our dumb coaching decisions. It’s astounding.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
We were embarrassing terrible the previous two seasons and just mediocre this year, not good enough in my opinion for MSU baseball !
Mediocre? So Top 25 isn't good enough? I hate to tell you but that's probably above our historical average in baseball.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Not sure if today made us or not on a hosting gig. I will say, if we lose Tuesday, that may be the nail in the coffin for sure to host.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
The turn around has been mind blowing and astounding?

point that needs to be made is had he just ran an average program the past two seasons…. But anyway… good opinion you have

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
MLB says our field and stadium and facilities passes the eye test

3-2 Dawg

Jun 6, 2023
Mediocre teams aren’t 12-11 against Q1 opponents. Will likely get a 2 seed because they didn’t quite have the pitching to close out a few games earlier in the season. But with Pico and Dohm back this will be an unfortunate matchup for some host team.

Yeah they sucked the last few years. Too bad that is going to hold you back from enjoying this post season run.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Mediocre teams aren’t 12-11 against Q1 opponents. Will likely get a 2 seed because they didn’t quite have the pitching to close out a few games earlier in the season. But with Pico and Dohm back this will be an unfortunate matchup for some host team.

Yeah they sucked the last few years. Too bad that is going to hold you back from enjoying this post season run.
That’s the thing. This is the third straight year The Dude will be empty in June. We pretty much lose everybody next year, so I am definitely enjoying this postseason. I hope we win it all and Lemonhead builds on it. But considering how he failed to do so with what he was handed, I doubt he does anything with this team.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Good teams don’t lose 5 quad 4 games

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You obviously haven’t followed MSU baseball very long, why don’t you check with Baseball Bruce and see what he thinks
I arrived on campus about a year after Bruce left. My last three years were the Thunder and Lightning years. We have always had an overly inflated view of our baseball program. We didn't really arrive at the top level , barely, till we finally won a natty. The truth hurts, but it is the truth none the less. We need to win another to really join the top echelons. Now I will admit I'm not huge college baseball fan. Perhaps that's why I can be objective on this subject.