With this loss, we do not deserve to host

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This actually isn’t true. We’ve gotten the benefit of the doubt a good bit in baseball. Winning and reputation seems to sway opinions. Way of the world, that’s why Alabama gets football calls.

I like you Ibleed, but that’s the lil ole moo coming out. In football, I totally agree, we routinely get 17ed.
I understand what you were talking about. We have received the benefit of the doubt in baseball in the past for hosting. Unfortunately, we have not received the benefit of the doubt in other sports; we always get left out or sent to a dominant program.

3-2 Dawg

Jun 6, 2023
Yep improved throughout the season without question. But still bookended the year with quad 4 losses.

any way you want to cut it, 5 quad 4 losses is bad.
And anyway you want to cut it 12-11 against Q1 competition is really good. But if you want to keep the focus on those 3 Feb losses for whatever point you want to prove great. I was trying to point out this team is better than mediocre which I wouldn’t think that would be that big a deal to agree on.

Rockymountaindawg

Dec 15, 2018
Lemon head won it with Cohen and Cann’s players. We are now living with Lemonhead’s players and it is underwhelming.
It’s always strange to me when someone says that a coach isn’t good because even though he won whatever, it was because it was with the previous coach/coaches players, and yet those coaches didn’t do it with their own players.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
And anyway you want to cut it 12-11 against Q1 competition is really good. But if you want to keep the focus on those 3 Feb losses for whatever point you want to prove great. I was trying to point out this team is better than mediocre which I wouldn’t think that would be that big a deal to agree on.
These guys are the epitome of poor old MSU. We have lost so much in the past that for a certain subset of our fans your street cred depends on being the first one to spot an implosion. They celebrate firing coaches because that is all they know. That kind of crap has held us down for SO long.

Reactions: Hot Rock

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It’s always strange to me when someone says that a coach isn’t good because even though he won whatever, it was because it was with the previous coach/coaches players, and yet those coaches didn’t do it with their own players.
Exactly. So why didn't the previous one win with them?

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
An above average team gifted the best schedule ever and we may have totally blown it.
Above average ?!?!
Those teams don’t lose the games we’ve lost!
Period!
That’s on Lemonis and his recruiting - or lack there of.

Reactions: patdog

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Dude, he turned it around this year. That's very hard to do. Cohen and Cann never won a natty. Neither did Polk.
Just 17-ing stop man!!
If he doesn’t get us to a Super this year then his fat a$$ should be fired.
We gave him this year to turn it around and and we can’t even get to a Host position for THREE straight years!
17 him !!!

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
They are. I do agree with that.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Not sure if today made us or not on a hosting gig. I will say, if we lose Tuesday, that may be the nail in the coffin for sure to host.
Haha!
You don’t lose to Missouri in a must win game and expect to Host when we were off the bubble most likely anyway - unless your R Faulk who thinks we should be just gifted a Host!

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Just 17-ing stop man!!
We gave him this year to turn it around and and we can’t even get to a Host position for THREE straight years!
17 him !!!
Y'all are treating him like our usual losing only football coaches. The guy did something that no other coach in school history had ever done. What y'all want to do just reeks of our usual loser crap. This is the Stansbury stuff on steroids. Run Lemonis off now and we get the dregs of the coaching profession for at least two decades, or six. This would be worse than what we did to McKeen.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Nope. I’m pissed. We are primed to win NOW. Lemonhead is letting that slip away.
You‘ve been complaining all season that Lemonis can’t recruit but now you’re saying “We are primed to win NOW”…? Which is it? He built a team that’s primed to win but can’t coach; or we suck because he can’t recruit?

Try to stick to one narrative, please.

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Lemon head won it with Cohen and Cann’s players. We are now living with Lemonhead’s players and it is underwhelming.
You literally just said that we’re primed to win NOW and Lem is letting it slip away…

If we’re primed to win NOW, Lem must have recruited good players…

Make up your mind, dude!

patdog

May 28, 2007
You‘ve been complaining all season that Lemonis can’t recruit but now you’re saying “We are primed to win NOW”…? Which is it? He built a team that’s primed to win but can’t coach; or we suck because he can’t recruit?

So how many years of mediocrity does that buy him? He’s had 2 of the worst seasons in our history and 1 decent one since, and next year is looking pretty bleak. 3 years (will be 4 next year) without hosting is a long time for a program with our resources.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006

What? Show me where I said he can’t recruit. I never said he can’t recruit.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
But with Pico and Dohm back this will be an unfortunate matchup for some host team.
We got 3 innings out of Pico today and none from Dohm the entire weekend. Pico only has 19 total and Dohm only what maybe 8 or 10 since coming back and you're counting on them to cause some "unfortunate matchups"?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
We got 3 innings out of Pico today and none from Dohm the entire weekend. Pico only has 19 total and Dohm only what maybe 8 or 10 since coming back and you're counting on them to cause some "unfortunate matchups"?
Dohm threw an inning. One big issue is Loo is so K heavy it’s gonna be hard for him to give us more than 5 against anyone worth a flip.

Our coach also doesn’t understand the moment. You can’t put random guys in critical situations just bc it’s early. Cohen was a master at knowing when the game was hanging in the balance.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If we don’t deserve to host, who does? 16 teams will host. So who are your 16? Several teams that host will have blemished records.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Will be nice to get HugeSack back for the regional. Was told he will not play at Hoover. Has an oblique muscle pull near his hip/stomach area.

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023
Ugh. Those core muscle injuries can take a lot of time to heal.
Man dont they. Sean Murphy hasnt played since opening day with this. Tough to deal with the twisting necessary. Hopefully Huge Sac is ready for regionals.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Nothing lights up this forum like a loss. Lemonis did lose this game just like he lost the 2 Arkansas games with the pitchers he rotated in the games.

Reactions: onewoof

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nothing lights up this forum like a loss. Lemonis did lose this game just like he lost the 2 Arkansas games with the pitchers he rotated in the games.
I question the pitching decisions. But still only gave up 4 runs vs the worst team in the SEC. We lost today at the plate, and on the basepaths.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I question the pitching decisions. But still only gave up 4 runs vs the worst team in the SEC. We lost today at the plate, and on the basepaths.
I gave up a few questions about how we handled our pitching after we dropped game two to Ole Miss. We were up 7 to 3 in the bottom of the 8th inning.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Star Wars Doom GIF

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Just 17-ing stop man!!
17 him !!!
He did turn it around. Stop pretending like we have some sort of entitlement to the upper levels of college baseball. We don't and we never have been at that level. Our fans have some how constructed this myth of our all powerful baseball program. We have a had some good teams, but the gaps have been long and glaring. It's a MYTH.

• Wow
Reactions: Fishsqeezer