Women’s Basketball

3rd Slide

Aug 24, 2017
Has to rank as one of my favorite USC teams ever (including men‘s teams). They are doing it right: smart, aggressive, confident and tough. Playing as a team (there’s so much more than just JuJu!) with so much heart. CLG is phenomenal; I’m starting to wonder how far she could go coaching the men’s team.

Expecting big things in the tourney, but first, beat the trees!

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Would help to include this...

"For the first time since 2014, USC will play for the Pac-12 women's basketball tournament title after advancing to the championship game with an 80-70 double-overtime semifinal win on Friday over crosstown rival UCLA."

Juju put up 33, grabbed 10. They will play furd on Sunday for the title.

That was her 13th 30-point game of the season, "passing Caitlin Clark for the most of any freshman over the past 25 seasons."

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018

"For the first time since 2014, USC will play for the Pac-12 women's basketball tournament title after advancing to the championship game with an 80-70 double-overtime semifinal win on Friday over crosstown rival UCLA."

That was her 13th 30-point game of the season, "passing Caitlin Clark for the most of any freshman over the past 25 seasons."

Jan 17, 2024
I love women's basketball. I can only name one mens NCAA player, Eddy, only because I have a Purdue connection. The women's game has grown so much because, IMHO, the one and done rule. Who knows more than a few dudes playing. Plus, the women with the NIL are incentivized to stay all 4 years due to the horrible pay structure in the WNBA. We get to see these badasses for more than one season or hear the rumors of leaving after a year (Bronie). I will happily watch JuJu for three more years. And, no matter how much Scott Wolf likes to poop on every coach, Lindsey Graham (I hope I got that right), is doing a phenomenal job! Fight on Women of Troy!!!

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Sorry, just a pet peeve. I love verbs. We are lit. I cannot remember the complete rules, but if the we, as a team, is singular, then I think we is lit is acceptable, but I like the collective we are lit.

Shocked it didn't say "we litty".

, Lindsey Graham (I hope I got that right), YOU DIDN'T, lol
1710125417454.png

Lindsey Gottlieb
1710125473088.png
is doing a phenomenal job! Fight on Women of Troy!!!
Yes she is.

• Haha
Reactions: Freezer and Pudly76
Jan 17, 2024
Shocked it didn't say "we litty".

View attachment 539384

Lindsey Gottlieb
View attachment 539385

Yes she is.
Ugh, thank you. A 2 second google would have made me not look like a dumbass. Thank you though for pointing it out. Damn. Lindsey Gottlieb deserves better than a half *** comment. She's done amazing. I get all high horse on the verb and cannot deliver on our coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Pudly76

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Congrats to da Girls, great win! Shoot, Ju Ju had an off night offensively 9 pts (did well defensively) and yet USC pulled out da win. Dat proves USC is not a one man team. USC out rebounded Stanford 48 to 28, ORB 18, DRB 30. USC crashed da boards hard. Also, FT favored USC, 11-12, Stanford 4/7 = +7 pts.

Saw the SEC Championships between South Carolina (W) vs LSU. Dang, those 2 teams are gonna be tuff in the NC tournament. They are fast, big and play very physical, very impressive. They play mean basketball...

Last edited:

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017

Were you at USC with Cheryl and the McGee’s? I think later?

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Congrats to da Girls, great win! Shoot, Ju Ju had a off night offensively 9 pts (did well defensively) and yet USC pulled out da win. USC out rebounded Stanford 48 to 28, ORB 18, DRB 30. USC crashed da boards hard. Also, FT favored USC, 11-12, Stanford 4/7 = +7 pts.

Saw the SEC Championships between South Carolina (W) vs LSU. Dang, those 2 teams are gonna be tuff in the NC tournament. They are fast, big and play very physical, very impressive. They play mean basketball...
Dawn Staley is a great coach. I can’t imagine how good that team would have been had Ju Ju ended up there.
I didn‘t think we had much of a chance if we ended up playing them, but now I think we do. That was when we were struggling and they were crushing teams without their great center Kamilla Cardoso who was playing for the Brazilian National Team.

Reactions: Canyon.usc

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
I love women's basketball. I can only name one mens NCAA player, Eddy, only because I have a Purdue connection. The women's game has grown so much because, IMHO, the one and done rule. Who knows more than a few dudes playing. Plus, the women with the NIL are incentivized to stay all 4 years due to the horrible pay structure in the WNBA. We get to see these badasses for more than one season or hear the rumors of leaving after a year (Bronie). I will happily watch JuJu for three more years. And, no matter how much Scott Wolf likes to poop on every coach, Lindsey Graham (I hope I got that right), is doing a phenomenal job! Fight on Women of Troy!!!
The women’s game is played below the rim and is much closer to a fundamentally sound sport. Thanks largely to Geno Aurellema and Pat Summit and Stanford’s Tara Ven Devere.
If Lindsay Gottlieb ends up staying at USC for a few decades she will end up right there with them. I wouldn’t say becoming the first woman NBA coach is out of question for her. She’s already been completely accepted by the players and front office people in the league.

Reactions: Freezer

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
After.

Brazilian National boxing team?

I keed. She's apologized. Mulkey's post game presser was whack.
I didn’t see it, only heard Staley’s post game comments. Not a bad thing to get that out of their system. I’m pulling for our women of course, but man that South Carolina team is fun to watch.

Edit: I just watched it. Wow,just wow at Kim Mulkey. What a trash thing to say. Dawn Staley who is the undisputed best coach in women’s basketball at the moment, is pure class and attempted to calm the situation, and Mulkey did the exact opposite. I love how Angel Reese plays the game, absolutely fierce, but if you notice she just went to the bench when the altercation was going on. Good on her. If I was her I would be pissed at Mulkey for putting her in it.

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I didn’t see it, only heard Staley’s post game comments. Not a bad thing to get that out of their system. I’m pulling for our women of course, but man that South Carolina team is fun to watch.

Edit: I just watched it. Wow,just wow at Kim Mulkey. What a trash thing to say. Dawn Staley who is the undisputed best coach in women’s basketball at the moment, is pure class and attempted to calm the situation, and Mulkey did the exact opposite. I love how Angel Reese plays the game, absolutely fierce, but if you notice she just went to the bench when the altercation was going on. Good on her. If I was her I would be pissed at Mulkey for putting her in it.
Tensions were definitely high, officiating was largely absent. Johnson's brother jumping over the scorer's table onto the court absolutely escalated things further.

Mulkey's comments were cringe. She actually wanted Cardoso to go after Reese. Like, what? She literally is encouraging further fighting with what she said. Almost every single thought on the events was wrong-headed.

As for Reese, some criticized her for walking back to the bench and not defending her teammate. Her response on X shows a very clear head...."As a person at my STATUS, sometimes you have to walk away from certain situations," Reese wrote on X. "Mind you the play before that I had rolled my ankle AGAIN and was already walking to the bench. I ALWAYS ride for mine. I’m super proud of this team & super excited for march."

Good for young players watching to realize you don't have to get in the middle of everything.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Tensions were definitely high, officiating was largely absent. Johnson's brother jumping over the scorer's table onto the court absolutely escalated things further.

Mulkey's comments were cringe. She actually wanted Cardoso to go after Reese. Like, what? She literally is encouraging further fighting with what she said. Almost every single thought on the events was wrong-headed.

As for Reese, some criticized her for walking back to the bench and not defending her teammate. Her response on X shows a very clear head...."As a person at my STATUS, sometimes you have to walk away from certain situations," Reese wrote on X. "Mind you the play before that I had rolled my ankle AGAIN and was already walking to the bench. I ALWAYS ride for mine. I’m super proud of this team & super excited for march."

Good for young players watching to realize you don't have to get in the middle of everything.
If they end up playing again, that might be the most watched women’s game ever.

A USC, LSU, South Carolina and Iowa Final Four would easily beat any men’s Final Four this year.

Reactions: 3rd Slide

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017

A USC, LSU, South Carolina and Iowa Final Four would easily beat any men’s Final Four this year.
Wow dat would be an epic Final 4. If LSU & South Carolina meet again, they better bring in mucho security. Most of all da Ref's must control things and not let the players aggresive play get out of hand...

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017

Projections right now have Sakerlina, Iowa, USC, and Furd as the #1 seeds. That could change if Texas has a good run in the Big12 Tourney. If so, Furd could be a #2.

Ohio State, LSU, and ucla will be #2's. UConn, ND, and Oregon State as #3's.

Always room for a cinderella like a Princeton or UNLV, but I think any of those ^^^^ teams could make the final 4.

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I was surprised at the physicality the Trojan women showed. They hit the deck and created space vs the ruins and trees. It’ll be interesting to see how they match up with scar and lswho.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Projections right now have Sakerlina, Iowa, USC, and Furd as the #1 seeds. That could change if Texas has a good run in the Big12 Tourney. If so, Furd could be a #2.

Ohio State, LSU, and ucla will be #2's. UConn, ND, and Oregon State as #3's.

Always room for a cinderella like a Princeton or UNLV, but I think any of those ^^^^ teams could make the final 4.
Stanford on the strength of their overall record I guess?

And I guess you didn’t spend enough time in Geogia. It’s South Cackalacky.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Stanford on the strength of their overall record I guess?

And I guess you didn’t spend enough time in Geogia. It’s South Cackalacky.
Yes, overall record plus quality wins over Indiana, Florida State, Utah, ucla, and oregon state x2. 2 of their losses are to USC. They did drop one to Arizona and one to Gonzaga but that loss is looking more legit right now.

I learned Sakerlina from a Georgia-born country boy. But I'm good with all forms of lame cock smears.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Whoa next year's team is gonna be scary. USC is bringing in the #1 recruiting class = 7 top players, three 5 stars, four 4 stars.

Kaitlyn Davis, McKenzie Forbes, Kayla Padilla are Gr/MS players, who's returning next year? If they do, C.Gottlieb and staff will have to find minutes for like 10 players rotation. She must keep them happy with playing time. I think the biggest task for C.Gottlieb is mold all these elite talent and play team basketball. She must control their egos...

Last edited:

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017
Whoa next year's team is gonna be scary. USC is bringing in the #1 recruiting class = 7 top players, three 5 stars, four 4 stars.

Kaitlyn Davis, McKenzie Forbes, Kayla Padilla are Gr/MS players, who's returning next year? If they do, C.Gottlieb and staff will have to find minutes for like 10 players rotation. She must keep them happy with playing time. I think the biggest task for C.Gottlieb is mold all these elite talent playing as a Team. Plus control their egos...
Exciting.
Can she coach the men's team at the same time? ;)

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Exciting.
Can she coach the men's team at the same time? ;)
Bruddah Southbay, do you know if Kaitlyn Davis, McKenzie Forbes, Kayla Padilla, Gr/MS players returning next year?

Yeah, da men's basketball, football, tennis, baseball teams under performed. Shaka🤙 to the women basketball, swim, tennis, beach volleyball, golf teams for having a very good season.

Reactions: Pudly76

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Bruddah Southbay, do you know if Kaitlyn Davis, McKenzie Forbes, Kayla Padilla, Gr/MS players returning next year?

Yeah, da men's basketball, football, tennis, baseball teams under performed. Shaka🤙 to the women basketball, swim, tennis, beach volleyball, golf teams for having a very good season.
Pretty sure Davis is done. She was a grad transfer this year. Forbes is also a grad transfer, entered college a year before Davis, but sat out one year due to Harvard xfer rules. USC is her 3rd school. Pretty sure she's done. This year was Padilla's 5th and with grad status, I think, like the other 2, she's done. I could be wrong on these but most likely, all 3 will move on.

Reactions: Canyon.usc

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Yes, overall record plus quality wins over Indiana, Florida State, Utah, ucla, and oregon state x2. 2 of their losses are to USC. They did drop one to Arizona and one to Gonzaga but that loss is looking more legit right now.

I learned Sakerlina from a Georgia-born country boy. But I'm good with all forms of lame cock smears.
Oh, right, the Georgia born country boy, ha ha.

SouthbayTrojan91

Aug 24, 2017

The baseball team is slowly killing me.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Pretty sure Davis is done. She was a grad transfer this year. Forbes is also a grad transfer, entered college a year before Davis, but sat out one year due to Harvard xfer rules. USC is her 3rd school. Pretty sure she's done. This year was Padilla's 5th and with grad status, I think, like the other 2, she's done. I could be wrong on these but most likely, all 3 will move on.

Thanxs Sista Veebs. C.Gottlieb scored big time with these 3 transfer players. Was this by design or just good fortune (luck)? What an impact these 3 players had on the team success. Wish they were returning.

Shoot, AD Cohen had better compensate C.Gottlieb above market, cause schools are gonna come after her with mucho $1. Cohen, please do not hesitate, offer her a Big contract extension now…

Last edited:

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
2024 Recruiting Class #1 in Nation

There are 7 top players in dis Monster class. Three 5* and four 4*. The 7th player is a HS senior, dat's reclassifying to come in early. I saw her name in an article but I can't seem to find it. I will keep searching. Found her, Brooklyn Shamblin, PG

All stats are average per game. This group is an offensive machine. Add them with Ju Ju stats, dang next year's team could score 85 pts/90 pts per game?

5* Kennedy Smith, F, 20.8 pts, 7.5 rbs.

5* Avery Howell, SG, 21.2 pts, 13.3 rbs-amazing stat for a G.

5* Kayleigh Heckel, PG 16.2 pts, 2.3 rbs, 7 asst, 4 steals, 3 pt 40%, FG 44%, FT 80%. Very accurate shooter.

4* Rian Forestier, Combo G, 25.8 pts, 13.5 rbs-amazing stat for a G.

4* Laura Williams, PF, 12 pts, 7 rbs

4* Vivian Iwuchukwu, PF/C 8.0 pts, 7 rbs

4* Brocklyn Shamblin, Combo G, total HS avg: 16 pts, 5 rbs.

Last edited:

Latest posts