Wow, what have we become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Kapernick got cut because he wasn't as good as he once was. He never got another gig because he wasn't as good as he once was AND he had become a distraction. When this guy starts regularly missing kicks he will get cut too, not before.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Why the actual 17 would anybody want to sign that stupid $hi+?
Nerds that have been picked on their whole life have power. From progressive dweebs to shltty cops to minority politicians to blue-haired, nose-ring-wearing shims running HR departments. Blame the GOP for not using their power to slow down the fall of Rome. They are spineless trash. I've said it before, I'm jealous of the left's desire and willingness to wield power.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't know exactly what he said, and really don't care enough to read the full story to find out. But my first reaction when I saw the headlines a couple of days ago was, "I guess he's had enough of playing in the NFL (and making lots of money). Cause he's probably just ended his career."

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Kapernick got cut because he wasn't as good as he once was. He never got another gig because he wasn't as good as he once was AND he had become a distraction. When this guy starts regularly missing kicks he will get cut too, not before.
You can search through the archives of this board and find dozens of posters demanding that Kaepenick be cut for his political beliefs and then explaining how of course no team will sign him because that's what happens to controversial people.

Now many of those same people are clutching their pearls when the shoe's on the other foot. (Note - these are also the same people who post in every thread that mentinns Cohen about how they're glad we don't have a Democratic athletic director anymore, or worse.)

The difference is that conservatives are going to win this one. 0% Butker actually loses his career over this, but they'll still delude themselves into thinking they're persecuted anyway.

Last edited:

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Nerds that have been picked on their whole life have power. From progressive dweebs to shltty cops to minority politicians to blue-haired, nose-ring-wearing shims running HR departments. Blame the GOP for not using their power to slow down the fall of Rome. They are spineless trash. I've said it before, I'm jealous of the left's desire and willingness to wield power.

This thread will be locked in due course, but let me get this straight, you're blaming "The Right" so to speak, for not irresponsibly wielding power over the people and believing in free will, individuality, personal responsibility, and the right to an opinion?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Freedom of speech is only a real thing if it's what some people believe. They don't want others to be a part of that inclusive idea. There's no more a hypocritical person than those who do stuff like that. It's fine and normal to disagree with opinions without going on the attack. We've become an aggressive, intolerant society. And it's not just the "woke", it's the average Joe these days too.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007

Agree 100%. Weird Theatre kids become Hollywood. The weird AV kids are in Silicon Valley. The advent of social media has made them more influential. Advertising agencies used to hand out disposable cameras to sorority girls at USC, UCLA and NYU and tell them to take pictures of what they thought was cool. They'd charge clients hundreds of thousands to look at the results. Now, they let a AWFL (affluent white female liberal) intern scroll through social media and tell CEOs that "woke is in."

I'd like to add that our Colleges of Education across the country have become Marxist training grounds + Education is a relatively easy major (It shouldn't be, but it is what it is), and we have a lot of educators with this mindset. They are paying us back.

Last edited:

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
You can search through the archives of this board and find dozens of posters demanding that Kaepenick be cut for his political beliefs and then explaining how of course no team will sign him because that's what happens to controversial people.

Now many of those same people are clutching their pearls when the shoe's on the other foot. (Note - these are also the same people who post in every thread that mentinns Cohen about how they're glad we don't have a Democratic athletic director anymore, or worse.)

The difference is that conservatives are going to win this one. 0% Butker actually loses his career over this, but they'll still delude themselves into thinking they're persecuted anyway.
Maybe it’s just me, but I think there’s a difference between a person spitting in the face of the country that gave you the opportunity to become one of the richest people in the world and live an incredibly comfortable life by playing a sport, and a person saying they are pro-women and don’t want to murder babies.

I think the “conservatives” will be on the right side of history with this one, QuaroarsKing.

I’m sure this will result in the thread being locked, but I’m amazed at the decline in objectivity and common sense among Americans in the 21st century.

Last edited:

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
So many people believe Freedom of Speech also means freedom from consequences.

Neither Kapernick or Butker will be deprived of their freedoms for anything they said.

Every corporation, on the other hand, decides every day whether it will or will not employ someone on the basis of what that person has said.

The NFL chose to not employ Kapernick, but as for Butker I’m sure they will.

All that and no freedoms were denied.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
I don't see the fuss. We do need women in every household in America to make a home complete. Strong, loving, and raising kids in a Christian loving home. And imagine someone talking about their faith in a public forum. Need that too!
He made the exact speech at Georgia Tech last year with little fuss. It's all manufactured in an election year to get the 39% of females that are hardcore left fired up to vote for a potato.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
My thoughts would be I wonder how many people on this board are part of a two income household? I would frankly love for Mrs. Morningstar to get to stay at home with our little hellspawn daughter, but she is a civil PE that loves her job as well. My point being why do we have to demonize or cancel anybody for their opinion? If you are able to sustain a one income household in today's world awesome, if you are not then that can be awesome as well. I know Mrs. Morningstar is an excellent mom that still works 40 to 50 hours a week. I like to think I am pretty good dad while still working 60 or so hours a week.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Hey, @tbaydog in the future, could you be more descriptive in your thread titles so I’ll know not to click into stupid horseshit like this?

I mean, I’ll do my part and be more cognizant of who the original poster is before I click, too, but a simple “Chiefs kicker getting cancelled by the left” thread title would have told me all I need to know.

Thank for your consideration.

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
You mean like an authoritarian dictatorship? Is that what we want? We are a diverse nation founded on the idea that self-government requires compromise. That sometimes means being civil and being willing to look for common ground with the blue-haired, nose-ring-wearing whatever you're talking about. This "wield power" shinola you're talking about is not American, and it's definitely not conservative.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I'm not Catholic, but I liked most of his speech. A lot of common sense, and therefore doomed to criticism.

I think he pushed back hard on the cultural devaluing of motherhood/homemaking as somehow a lesser vocation or calling, when the opposite is true. I don't think he said working moms are necessarily bad mothers.

Good for him.

If praising/prioritizing homemaking as a higher calling than outside careers is considered upsetting/devaluing by working women, then would they also consider praising/prioritizing outside working moms to be a devaluing thing to say to stay-at-home moms?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm signing.

This man has no business ever kicking another field point or extra goal in an MLS game.***

Status
Not open for further replies.