Status
Not open for further replies.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Mentally unhealthy people getting worked up over some kicker's opinions

Sad Donald Glover GIF by Crave

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
This thread will be locked in due course, but let me get this straight, you're blaming "The Right" so to speak, for not irresponsibly wielding power over the people and believing in free will, individuality, personal responsibility, and the right to an opinion?
As long as threads remain a one-sided circle jerk, they rarely get locked. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Not signing it. Listened to what he said & I don’t get the fuss. By the time it was over with i was like ok? And?
I get the fuss. Most of the time when these weirdos get cancelled it’s for something fairly innocuous. Butker got his $ worth. He took shots at gay people and Pride, women being lied to about their careers, IVF, COVID, surrogacy, called American culture pervasive.

I think he has a second career in this activist / motivational speaking world. Kaepernick can tell you all about when one career ends another.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Knees and words apparently get folks all up in their feels. I hope my grandchildren are asking me what the hell was wrong with us in a couple decades.

Our enemies should take note. Save your money on weapons and funding of terror cells. Take out two ads at the next superbowl. One can be a black guy kneeling (no words said) and the other can be a kicker (lol) saying he thinks that women should stay in the kitchen (or whatever the hell the kicker said).

The country would immediately suffocate itself from the amount of vapors being released from comfy weak coddled morons that can't handle words coming from outside of their vacuums (the metaphorical kind...not the kind women should be pushing before making my sandwich).

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I get the fuss. Most of the time when these weirdos get cancelled it’s for something fairly innocuous. Butker got his $ worth. He took shots at gay people and Pride, women being lied to about their careers, IVF, COVID, surrogacy, called American culture pervasive.

I think he has a second career in this activist / motivational speaking world. Kaepernick can tell you all about when one career ends another.
you forgot birth control in marriage or living with your SO before marriage. The man did not hold back.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
You mean like an authoritarian dictatorship? Is that what we want? We are a diverse nation founded on the idea that self-government requires compromise. That sometimes means being civil and being willing to look for common ground with the blue-haired, nose-ring-wearing whatever you're talking about. This "wield power" shinola you're talking about is not American, and it's definitely not conservative.

This thread will be locked in due course, but let me get this straight, you're blaming "The Right" so to speak, for not irresponsibly wielding power over the people and believing in free will, individuality, personal responsibility, and the right to an opinion?
Y'all are reading a lot into that statement. Republicans have never been willing to exercise power in a way that would threaten the next election, unless it's for tax cuts. How hard is it to say we're not going to allow the government to discriminate based on race or religion, etc and we're not going to allow the government to pass laws that encourage people and entities to discriminate on race or religion etc.

Disparate impact being read into the law should have been dealt with the first time republicans controlled the house and senate after Briggs. Just requiring regular order and trying to fund core government functions rather than lumping it together with a bunch of pork and handouts. Pull back legislative authorityu from the administrative state. Lots of conservative/libertarian things they could have done that would have been politically popular or at least manageable if they had been willing to use the power they had. But they didn't want to risk criticism for actually governing. Democrats certainly aren't immune to that either, but at least they occasionally get what their voters want.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Freedom of speech is only a real thing if it's what some people believe. They don't want others to be a part of that inclusive idea. There's no more a hypocritical person than those who do stuff like that. It's fine and normal to disagree with opinions without going on the attack. We've become an aggressive, intolerant society. And it's not just the "woke", it's the average Joe these days too.
Freedom of speech doesn't truly exist in this country. It's a LOT free-er here than anywhere else in the world though. Even in places like England, you can be arrested for saying things we would take for granted here.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Nerds that have been picked on their whole life have power. From progressive dweebs to shltty cops to minority politicians to blue-haired, nose-ring-wearing shims running HR departments. Blame the GOP for not using their power to slow down the fall of Rome. They are spineless trash. I've said it before, I'm jealous of the left's desire and willingness to wield power.
Tax cuts, militarism in the Middle East, abortion restrictions and easy access to guns define the GOP over the last two decades although militarism is declining now. But yeah, GOP elites support increased immigration, cuts to social security and Medicare and are fine with the Left's support for affirmative action and soft quotas. Trump has rallied the GOP base and some aren't happy that they might have to give the base what it wants on some issues and can longer distract them with slogans such as "Dems are gonna take your guns and gas stoves."

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Freedom of speech doesn't truly exist in this country. It's a LOT free-er here than anywhere else in the world though. Even in places like England, you can be arrested for saying things we would take for granted here.

As well as anyTIME ever.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
What have "we" become? The same as we've always been but with more people wanting to cancel someone else for a different opinion. Use the Bud Light boycott as an example to counter this. Businesses are starting to learn the importance of staying out of these controversies. Kapernick, btw, did some of his antics while on the job and on the field. A bit different. But I recall in the 90s at a tailgate party with a buddy about how we thought gays should be allowed to marry and be treated like any other American citizen and some woman who over heard us proceeded to explain why we were immoral for thinking that way.

Reactions: patdog

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I would never have told my wife when we first got married that she should be more excited about having a child than having a job as she was currently working her *** off to get said job. That is my wife. I sure as hell wouldn’t tell a room full of women who just worked their *** off to get a career that they should be more excited about children. If they are? Great! If they aren’t? Great! I do love the fact that everyone hates being told what to think or do unless what they are being told to say or do lines up with their thinking.

This is also a giant nothing burger that will go away by the weekend.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
A bunch of whining wussies.

Everybody's got a gripe these days and plenty of platforms (even SPS) to share 'em on.

Ain't that some ****!

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Throw a rock into a group of dogs and the one you hit barks the loudest. The women that are upset about this just want to be whores.

Again, he made the same speech last year at Georgia Tech, a much bigger university and there was hardly a peep. This is manufactured outrage in an election year.

Reactions: HailStout

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
What does this have to do with the thread topic that you started?

You need to stop scrolling thru X. And while you are at it, close the browser tab that has Outkick constantly open.
Less outrage in life is best.

These petitions are as meaningless as they are dumb.
Our moral compass has spoken! Everyone can carry on with their day now.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don't care what he said or what people think about what he said.

Will my life go on or do I need to place a flag in the sand?
That’s how I feel. Don’t care his feelings on any topic.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
That's my point. One side will gladly shoehorn their agenda into every nook and cranny of society. The other sits back and lets it happen.
Have you forgotten about the Dobbs decision? That was facilitated by Senate gamesmanship in 2016 and 2020 that Democrats never would have had the balls to do, and then was a hugely consequential "shoehorning a Republican agenda into society." I'm jealous that Republican voters get to elect senators, representatives, and presidents who will fight more than ours do.

Status
Not open for further replies.