2026 linebacker Caleb Gordon decommits from Arkansas
Dallas (N.C.) Ashbrook linebacker Caleb Gordon has decommitted from Arkansas, he told Rivals’ Sam Spiegelman on Monday.
Gordon had been committed to the Razorbacks since June, when he chose the program over offers from Clemson, Georgia Tech, NC State, Pitt and Virginia. Following the dismissal of head coach Sam Pittman though, he is looking elsewhere.
“Crazy,” Gordon said on Sunday after news broke. “I will speak to my family and coaches and will let you know from there where we stand.”
Rated as a three-star prospect, Gordon is the No. 99 linebacker prospect in the 2026 class according to the Rivals Industry Rankings.
Top 10
- 1New
1975 court ruling
Potential Indiana, Bama impact?
- 2
Georgia Football
Two new driving related arrests
- 3Hot
Darryn Peterson
Bill Self disappointed
- 4Trending
Best in College Sports
Ranking top brands/influencers
- 5
NBA 2K
Releases college stars, schools
Get the Daily On3 Newsletter in your inbox every morning
By clicking "Subscribe to Newsletter", I agree to On3's Privacy Notice, Terms, and use of my personal information described therein.
Arkansas recruiting never broke through under Pittman
Pittman’s first class in Fayetteville was his best, ranking No. 24 nationally and No. 9 in the SEC in the Rivals Industry Team Rankings.
The quality of his subsequent classes dropped precipitously following a 4-8 season in 2023, with the program’s 2024 and 2025 hauls ranking second-to-last in the SEC. Pittman’s program also began to struggle with local recruiting, missing on the state’s top three prospects in both the 2025 and 2026 classes.