Nebraska guard Connor Essegian suffers season-ending ankle injury
While Nebraska is off to a 7-0 start, it saw its first significant injury loss of the year on Saturday.
Head coach Fred Hoiberg announced that senior guard Connor Essegian would miss the remainder of the 2025-26 season due to an ankle injury suffered late in the second half of NU’s win over Winthrop on Tuesday.
In a press release, Hoiberg said Essegian would apply for a medical hardship waiver with hopes of returning to the Huskers in 2026-27. Nebraska athletic trainer Andrew McCabe estimated a 2-3 month recovery for the former Wisconsin transfer.
Nebraska Fans! Get 50% OFF HuskerOnline + On3 + Rivals with our Black Friday Ultimate Fan Bundle!
“I feel awful for Connor because of all the work he puts in and things he provides our team both on and off the court,” Hoiberg said. “With an injury like this, we don’t want to rush Connor back without him being 100 percent, so we have made the decision to shut him down for the rest of the season, and he will apply for a medical hardship.
Top 10
- 1New
Pavia Heisman hopes
Clark Lea makes case
- 2Hot
Booger McFarland
Offers advice on Lane Kiffin
- 3
Guarding the M
Michigan players stay on field
- 4Trending
Michigan headbutt
Refs defend no ejection
- 5
Mark Stoops
UK coach emphatic on future
Get the Daily On3 Newsletter in your inbox every morning
By clicking "Subscribe to Newsletter", I agree to On3's Privacy Notice, Terms, and use of my personal information described therein.
“While he won’t be playing, Connor will find ways to lead and help our program. I am confident that Connor will make the most of this setback and come back stronger from it.”
Essegian appeared in the first seven games for the Huskers this season, averaging 5.4 points over 14.1 minutes per contest off the bench. He was one of NU’s most consistent 3-point threats last year, scoring 10.7 ppg with a team-high 78 made 3-pointers, the most by a Husker since 2019.
























